It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 11th - Veterans Day / Rememberence Day / Armistice Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To all those who wear the uniform regardless of nationality -

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Armistice Day

Remembrance Day

Veterans Day

To our Polish friends happy National Independence Day

edit on 11-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I was there today in my nation's capital for the ceremonies...great turn out.
We were expecting 80 000 people...not sure how many showed up but it was packed.
So packed,I never got to see or hear anything....just too many people....which was pretty cool.

A salute to all the vets.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead: Short days ago,
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved: and now we lie
In Flanders fields!

Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you, from failing hands, we throw
The torch: be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks to all former, current and fallen!

Yall are and will continue to be my HEROES!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its stupid to brag 70 years later about who won the war's. Millions died and the world is as violent as ever.
Do they really rest in peace when we are persistently allowing our government's to terrorize nations and their citizens? They did not die for the world we know today - I felt nothing but shame in that 2 mins of silence.

Their lives have changed nothing.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

For some reason...I knew a wet blanket would show up on the first page...not surprised.
People dieing is a great opportunity for you to complain about braver people than you who were out on a battlefield while their loved ones were at home wishing they could come back home safe and alive.

edit on 11-11-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

For some reason...I knew a wet blanket would show up on the first page...not surprised.
People dieing is a great opportunity to complain about braver people than you who were out on a battlefield while their loved ones were at home wishing they could come back home safe and alive.

Nowhere in my post did i call them cowards or try and take away from what they did. The saying in the UK is "Least we forget" and it is in regards to the sacrifice many men and women made in order to "win" the war - Very brave indeed. But when you question and acknowledge what they gave their lives for - a country they loved and a peace they desired - You get 70 years down the line and realize that generations have let slip what they fought so hard to give us. The generation that survived WW2 gave the UK some of the most generous social program's known around the around. Free healthcare, benefits for those out of work, pension's, free education, affordable social housing, state owned utilities.

What do we have left of that? What do have left of the democracy they gave their lives to protect? You call me a wet blanket but i think i have more respect for those dead than what you do.

Edit: The fact that i feel shame in a 2 min silence and you do not shows us just how much you actually understand what remembrance day is all about. No body goes into the army to win a #ing medal.
edit on 11-11-2014 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I retired a little more than 16 years ago. The day I picked up my blue ID card, I came home and threw away everything (uniforms, medals, spare gear, you name it). It's a hard thing to get people to understand ... and 'most' never will.

Cheers, brother.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
To all the Veterans in the United States; and beyond...thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
As a retiree of the United States Air Force (21 years) I salute any man or woman that has answered this Nation's call. We fight, we die, and we suffer. It is what it is. Wish I could hug all of my veteran brothers and sisters. The worst part of being retired is missing my Airmen.

A retired USAF MSgt.

(post by Blister removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
*SNIP*

I had intended to be nice... but, I'm done with that. You see, I was a MSgt in the USAF... the men and women that served with me are the BEST people that I have ever met. How dare you defile them? How dare you decry their service?

edit on 11/12/2014 by Mirthful Me because: Removed quoted material that has been actioned by staff...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Beyond that, I just talked to several FEMALE Airman that used to work for me. They weren't raped. They were never assaulted. They were American service members... and AWESOME at what they did. Get a clue...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister
The photo that you labelled "Mai Lai" has nothing to do with My Lai and the massacre that occurred there. The little girl is Phan Thi Kim Phúc and the photo was taken near the village of Trang Bang. Trang Bang had been taken by the North Vietnamese and the South Vietnamese Air Force bombed the village with napalm. The girl was part of a group, including South Vietnamese soldiers, fleeing the area and was mistakenly bombed by one of the South Vietnamese airplanes.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: erwalker
Yes, sorry for that.

I did not want to post the pics of Mai Lai - just way too graphic.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister
a reply to: erwalker
Yes, sorry for that.

I did not want to post the pics of Mai Lai - just way too graphic.

99.999 percent of the active duty population of the U.S. have never been involved in a war crime. To present us as war criminals is insanely irresponsible, or indicative of an agenda.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Thank you for remembering Xcathdra
And Blister if the citizenry voted wisely and the civilians in charge did their best to avoid the ugliness above through dialog and negotiations those pics would not be available to post.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
For the record, I had two female Airmen that worked for me... we will call them "Erin" and "Melanie"... because that is actually their names. When I had an aircraft that needed fixed, I sent in Erin and Melanie. Best damned mechanics I ever met. We fixed airplanes, and did it very well.

[snip]
edit on 12/11/14 by JustMike because: Final personal comment snipped.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

People dieing is a great opportunity for you to complain about braver people than you who were out on a battlefield while their loved ones were at home wishing they could come back home safe and alive.

I understand why he said that. But if you have seen what the media have claimed about war on how war unites us its a sad day to see such statements.

War never units people.

Yes we should never forget the soldiers but the i have my views on the wars as they always lied about the wars, on which our soldiers had fought for.

The damages that wars has caused upon on the children and the children of the wars that have occurred.
edit on 12-11-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join