It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas High School Teacher Placed on Leave, Could Be Fired Over Jaw-Dropping Ferguson Tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I fully support her right to free speech.

Without the 1st Amendment, how else would know what she's thinking?

boing ing ing ing

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
She's a teacher?

Meanwhile nice double standards in this society.

I hear cracker and white boy 15 times a day. The n word? Nope, unless it ends with a and even then it's not from "urban white boys".

This country's so broken it's like trying to piece together a broken bottle with tape and expecting it to hold water.

I agree with the country is broken. Its going to take much more than a bandaid to fix it.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This woman was an English teacher? I am more offended by the composition of her tweet than the content. What a stupid woman.

She is absolutely entitled to her opinion, but has no right to convey that opinion in the way she did. She is supposed to have a firm grasp of English as a written and spoken language. She could have written her opinion in an eloquent and meaningful manner, but instead chose to take a huge steaming dump on all she was taught and her own image.

Looks as if she will be learning the hardest lesson.

Sad....

Boba

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
LOL

How did she ever become an educator?

Is this a crackerish question, I mean I am a bit salty, more like a pringle really though, once you pop you cant stop or is that fritos lays? or ruffles, cause I ruffle ridges?

OH CRAP I FORGOT ABOUT THE DUCKS

snack time is a miss!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Except free speech in America only applies to anti-white statements and nothing else.

I wonder how many pitchforks would be out for this woman if she tweeted about eugenics and David Duke?

Agway would be out of stock for months. Memes would be spread throughout the internet. The enlightened youngsters would bash her while trying to look as awkward as they can in their shameful white hides.

I went to a concert in July and they had a banner that said "See how the white man destroys culture." Exactly how is destruction, exploitation, slavery, murder, etc an exclusively white issue? It doesn't sell tickets, doesn't get likes if you truthfully proclaim "You're all guilty, you're all responsible no matter what color you are."

She's a racist, treat her like one. Though I feel much of the blame is on the cops in the Ferguson issue, it wouldn't have happened if Mike Brown had learned to be a civil human being in the first place.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
She should've just stayed on xbox live.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

No she should've stayed in whatever racist environment she was raised in. Totally unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Now she gets 15 minutes and internet infamy, now she can show her grandchildren her legacy!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

"Because my racism is socially acceptable they let me go!"

Some legacy.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Boy I tell you…twitter has caused more people to lose their jobs than George Bush’ 2007-8 recession

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Except free speech in America only applies to anti-white statements and nothing else.

and yet... she was fired for referring to some indeterminate group of white people as "crackers."
edit on 2014-11-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

"Because my racism is socially acceptable they let me go!"

Some legacy.

Such is the internet.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No such is hypocritical disgraces who allow some to break the rules while criminalizing others.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If your parents are A-Holes and you spend almost 8 hours a day with a teacher you can't look up to or be inspired by, who is actually raising some of these children?

Oh yeah, BigNanny Government!

I was trying to find her on RateMyTeachers, but she didn't show up. Maybe someone else can track her down. I would have liked to be passive aggressive and teach her that even though she has free speech, there are consequences to what you say.

edit on 11-11-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

And when it comes to behavior like this, society seems to be catching up to it only now.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I agree with you to a point, but what I take issue with is her wording of her opinion.

If you or I took to Twitter, to express similar opinions and instead of using something like "cracker" used the infamous "n" word, would we be protected from being fired?

I think not.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You'd be canned. Then disgraced publicly. Blacklisted.

Yeah, absolutely no double standards when it comes to racism.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No such is hypocritical disgraces who allow some to break the rules while criminalizing others.

What do you mean?

You feel that I couldn't make a twitter account and say racist things against non-whites? I mean Stormfront has a twitter acct, so I am not sure wtf you are upset about. lol

Of course what she said was ignorant.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It's a double standard that's what I'm "upset" about.

Not falling for games here.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

and yet... she was fired for referring to some indeterminate group of white people as "crackers."

I find the 'kill yourselves' comment to be the most offensive. I have never been offended by the word 'cracker' no do I understand why it is a slur.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join