It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the new Cold War Against the West

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
And then was have this interesting development ....in another ATS thread....that leaves me with much less than a warm and fuzzy feeling:
U.S. and China Reach Deal on Climate Change in Secret Talks
edit on Wed Nov 12 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
“It is for the people of Asia to run the affairs of Asia.”

Yeah well that did not work out very well during the last Century.

Without anything else, this makes sense to me. Peace

I doubt it would make sense to the billions of people of Asia who were brutally massacred by the people of Asia. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Here is a CNN article and video about China's new stealth fighter and some of their plans for the Pacific region.

Editor's note: Reuben F. Johnson is a correspondent for IHS Jane's Defence Weekly, a publication devoted to defense and security intelligence and analysis. The views expressed are his own.

Zhuhai, Guangdong Province (CNN) -- Zhuhai's Air Show has always been a venue for surprises, usually first-time showings of advanced Chinese military hardware.

China's pathologically secretive defense industry normally shows nothing official of its weapons programs to anyone, which makes the biennial Zhuhai expo the only chance to see what its weapons makers have been up to.

Much has been written in the past few years about China's defense sector developing increasingly more capable weapons systems that approach the capability of their U.S. and European analogues.

According to the article the plans for this aircraft were taken directly from a U.S. contractor.. Cheaper that way...!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Billions, really? Sure, Mao killed dozens of millions, Genghis Khan is estimated to have killed around 40 million people, I don't know how many millions the Japanese managed to kill off the top of my head but surely casualties for the last century alone isn't in the billions. Hell, I doubt it'd be in the billions if one counted all military casualties all the way back to Genghis Khan's time. A thousand millions, that's an awfully big number.

Don't wanna be an ass, just a little confused, maybe you're exaggerating for effect, just sayin'..

Otherwise I totally agree with you.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

well put together

And I have to add in addition to all the straight forward economic input China is delivering, the US political blunders, the proximity of the Chinese military (and in the end supply lines are everything)

There is demographics and demographics trumps all and over 10-20-30 years the Chinese influence will just grow, not in the way it will demographically in the "dead" regions like Siberia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and other neighbors to China's West who in a power vacuum would nearly be replaced, but in East Asia and the Pacific even a 10% or 20% minority has vast influence...

Sadly the US will turn out with... Indonesia in the long run. And what is that? a largely in the long run Islamic partner, religious nations aren't exactly a source of tech workers advance military alliance or...anything else of much use (sorry Indonesia) men, cannon fodder is the best we'd get from them in a fight and well, it's cannon fodder of the Iraqi variety, the kind that looses easy

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Clearly it was an exaggeration. Without a doubt over a hundred million during the last century though.~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join