It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A good deed for his in-laws has ended in tragedy for a south Florida man. Jason Ferguson, 33, was installing a new dishwasher at his brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house Thursday when he was electrocuted...
A sobering detail: Ferguson's wedding ring apparently touched something behind or in the dishwasher, causing the electrocution, police tell the Sentinel. Ferguson's family believe it was a copper wire, WKMG adds.
originally posted by: nonspecific
Would he not have been electrocuted anyway?
A sad story but I worked as an electricans mate for a couple of years and I can tell you that you do not need to be wearing a ring to get an electric shock.
a reply to: silo13
originally posted by: Grovit
i was working on a car one time and i had a ratchet in my left hand. it was touching my ring...
i hit the battery terminals while it was in my hand and my wing got red hot in a micro second....
originally posted by: silo13
I know of a number of men who refuse to wear their wedding ring. Honestly of those I know - the majority are pigs looking to keep their marital status quiet.