It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your mundane superpower, I think we all have one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I've been called a human barometer before, lol. I also tend to get barometric headaches if the pressure drop is significant enough (a few hurricanes passing through/by FL were migraine central for me) I think part of it is that I'm physiologically sensitive to atmospheric changes in weather anyway, and that's no biggie because some people are sensitive.
The other is that I grew up spending a lot of my youth outdoors, and kind of had to be aware of changes in the weather anyway. You don't want to be caught out in the boondocks woods in a FL thunderstorm, it gets nasty fast. I think it's more accurate to say that I'm already familiar with the rain scent, and know what it means, and understand that cloud type, direction and heights are also indicators of weather change that should be paid attention to. It's more like ... more like a subconscious recognition system, I suppose. But I actually pay attention to it, where as most people don't and are caught off-guard by sudden weather shifts.

I still find it funny that my husband still glances at the sky & looks my way for my opinion when we're out

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I can poop extremely quickly. I'm usually done in 30 seconds or less for all but the most extreme cases of GI distress.

www.threewordphrase.com
edit on 11-11-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I can poop extremely quickly. I'm usually done in 30 seconds or less for all but the most extreme cases of GI distress.

www.threewordphrase.com

Don't know how to embed an image, sorry.

This whole thread reminds me of that comic though.

EDIT: I meant to edit my last post, not quote it.

edit on 11-11-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

Save to your PC, upload it to ATS and copy/paste BB code (same as making things bold, etc.).

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I could learn him not to bark for sure after a short while, they love to be friends with me and listening to what I think is ok is easy after that, they don`t like it when I`m grumpy at them.

"Beast Master" is fine, I have had much worse, not to be repeated here, nicknames given to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I can turn my arms completely around, and I know for a fact that if I were just a bit thinner and with less, well, boob, I'd be able to lick my elbow and touch my elbows together. I have a detached scalp and can make people think I am wearing a wig, I can turn my tongue upside down, and I can hear ultrasonic sounds, like from dog whistles. That one I got from my grandma. I can cross my middle and index fingers together, as well as my pinky and ring fingers, on both hands, all at the same time. I can smell food cooking from like a mile away, and I'm unusually sensitive to onion fumes. I can be on the other side of the house and still start crying.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

hahahah if i ever meet you i look forward to that.

And im going to use your username to refer to you. I was mearly just being humorious.

the posts in this thread are making me full of giggles hahahaha

a reply to: Nyiah

I think my mom said she can tell the weather when her ankles get swollen. So i think you may have a proper thesis there on how you can tell the weather.

everyone experiences changes in pressure but some people are more sensitive than others making it noticable.
It's kind of a boon but as long as it's not to painful it's great to know. The migrains seem bad i think iv had a head ache once or twice. I mostly just have my eyes hurt rather than my head.

it's just weird. Also i have sort of clear vision under water. So when i look under water i can see things lol.
I don't have x-ray vision and can't see through merky water however.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I can spin my feet nearly 180 degrees around
Only one foot at a time though.
edit on 11/11/1414 by Emerald53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My mundane superpower is to sense when someone is behind me.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I can smell baked goodie food ingredients. When I walk into a grocery store I can tell you what the bakery is cooking up. I can tell you exactly what it is and if it's frosted or not. I can smell the sugar, raisins, nutmeg, different frostings, spices, etc. I can tell if they are using fondant or canned frosting or if they are making it themselves with real sugar. I can tell you if they are making sugar cookies or chocolate chip or raisin oatmeal, etc. I don't have to be near the kitchen, I can just walk an aisle or two away from it and can still smell the bakery and the ingredients. It always makes me hungry and I have to fight my instinct to go over and buy cookies or whatever they are baking up.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Mundane super power or random useless talent...
If anyone can point out a vehicle to me while out and about, either driving by, or parked, I can with about 90% accuracy name the make and model. It's like a game my husband and I play. I have no clue why I have this talent, because I don't even drive, nor has anyone I know either been a mechanic or had an appreciation for cars. My passion for stock car racing doesn't even fuel this either.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I exude awesomeness.

Not sure if that's a superpower though, or just something hard-wired into my DNA.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have a similar power, I am quite simply amazing. So much so that I astound me on a regular basis.

a reply to: CJCrawley

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I know I have the keen power to sense when I've pushed someone else's buttons in a public area. It's a fun little thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Not too mundane as it has saved my bacon a few times but I can sense when a situation is about to take a turn for the worse.

The amount of times I have left a bar/pub or a party early and ignored everyone asking me to stay only for there to be a huge incident or fight is uncanny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join