It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Ebola Victim in Dallas Texas???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
PS. This administration nor the MSM have any control over the hospitals or the doctors or well any of the people I listed above. It really irks me that everything that happens in the world becomes a stupid conspiracy. That's not how the real world works. Not every incident is grounds for governmental cover-ups and secrets. reply to: diggindirt

I have to chuckle when people on the net begin telling me "how the real world works" when they haven't dealt with this situation in this setting.
If you think this administration (or any administration, for that matter) doesn't have control over the hospital, you are really out of touch. The CDC has a media package that tells each and every hospital exactly how to deal with the media on these issues. So please tell me, did you read that package? How many of these situations have you participated in---in your "real world"? How many times have you helped to plan and execute a readiness plan for such disasters as infectious diseases? Did you actually read that chapter in the readiness plan that concerns dealing with media?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

The CDC has absolutely zero control over hospitals or how those hospitals communicate with the media. So many people are confused about the role of the CDC when it comes to hospital managment, and you appear to be one of them.

The CDC can only make recommendations, they have no operational control.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you think it does have control you're not only out of touch but out of touch with reality.
Did you read that package or can you even prove that such a package exists?
Again part and parcel for the conspiracy minded. Next you'll be calling me a sheeple or accusing me of drinking koolaid. I know how this game plays out. Troll may even enter the conversation. Ho hum...

P.S.
I planned and implemented a disaster readiness plan for the store I worked in. Starting with the Y2K computer issue and including hurricane ready and flood preparedness during storm seasons. I also worked on a committee providing mattresses for emergency shelters when a hurricane flooded out a retirement community in my neighborhood. I worked at the local food bank during holiday season.
Have I satisfied your idea of a stable citizen yet or do you want my entire resume?

edit on 11162014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

The CDC has absolutely zero control over hospitals or how those hospitals communicate with the media. So many people are confused about the role of the CDC when it comes to hospital managment, and you appear to be one of them.

The CDC can only make recommendations, they have no operational control.

It is true that they "have no control" in the strictest legal sense. However, when they hand you a manual that you are told to follow it is with the understanding that you will do as you are told or there will be consequences. Nobody has to come out and say "Do it this way or else...." because from past experiences, the staff know what to do and they know full well that they had better follow the "guidelines" set forth by the agency.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
If you think it does have control you're not only out of touch but out of touch with reality.
Did you read that package or can you even prove that such a package exists?
Again part and parcel for the conspiracy minded. Next you'll be calling me a sheeple or accusing me of drinking koolaid. I know how this game plays out. Troll may even enter the conversation. Ho hum...

P.S.
I planned and implemented a disaster readiness plan for the store I worked in. Starting with the Y2K computer issue and including hurricane ready and flood preparedness during storm seasons. I also worked on a committee providing mattresses for emergency shelters when a hurricane flooded out a retirement community in my neighborhood. I worked at the local food bank during holiday season.
Have I satisfied your idea of a stable citizen yet or do you want my entire resume?

We are of different opinions and different experiences. A hospital disaster readiness plan is not the same as a retail establishment. I commend you for your good works but until you've worked with the Joint Commission of hospitals and seen the reams of paper generated by each hospital department, you really have no idea how all these different agencies are inter-connected. If you have a week or so free sometime go to your local hospital and ask to read their disaster readiness plans. The plans for disease outbreaks will include lots of pages taken directly from the CDC and amongst those pages are "Media Interactions" and instructions on who will speak to the media and the parameters of what they can say. Yes, I've seen the packages that give media instructions, in fact, I spent five years keeping them updated when I was in the health care field.
I know how this game plays out too. I know whereof I speak because I've been there, done that and retired from it so your opinion of what I know and what I don't know are irrelevant. I know that there are at least two agencies that hospital administrators bow and scrape to---the Joint Commission and the CDC. If an administrator is told to release limited information, you can bet that is what will be done.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So you're baselessly claiming the CDC sent a doc to hospitals in order to repress news about Ebola? Do you really think a doc like that would stay private??? The first nurse or doc who saw something like that would give it right to the Media.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Regardless of what they may be told that doesn't silence all the nurses, the people who clean up, the people who serve food, the lab technicians, the relatives of the sick. Hospitals are privately own businesses or corporations and as such the laws they have to follow do not include having the government tell them what they can and cannot say. Let us do remember a little document called the constitution. We all have access to federal laws on line and we all can look up any laws that say a privately owned corporation can be told by any government agency what they can or cannot say. I'm betting we won't find one but I'll bet we will find plenty that say the opposite, that government can not involve itself in the running of a private company. I bet we find lots of laws protecting the rights of private enterprises. All that you wrote sounds very impressive but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans because what you propose would just be plain impossible.

reply to: diggindirt

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So you're baselessly claiming the CDC sent a doc to hospitals in order to repress news about Ebola? Do you really think a doc like that would stay private??? The first nurse or doc who saw something like that would give it right to the Media.

Where did I make such a claim? I will not continue to answer your senseless posts since you are trying to put words on my keyboard that simply aren't there. Please read the post before firing off nonsense. It is obvious that you have never worked in the medical industry and haven't a clue about all the laws, regulations and policies that hospitals enforce.
Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
Look up the HIPPA law. After you've taken a couple of years to read, study and understand it, come back and tell me that hospitals can't control what is said about their patients by staff of that hospital. Government certainly has and does restrict speech---even in privately owned hospitals.
Go to your local hospital and take a gander at all the printed materials on the bulletin boards in the staff lounges pertaining to HIPPA and all the warnings posted about violation of those statutes.
It is obvious that you've never worked in the health care industry and know nothing about how a hospital operates on a day to day basis. Every single staff member is lectured on a regular basis in departmental meetings about patient privacy. They know they can not only lose their job but they can be criminally charged if they divulge information.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that a private company is immune from government regulation....what color is the sky on your planet anyway?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's more obvious that you haven't. Unless besides your career in archeology doubled as a career in the medical industry?? And that is exactly what you claimed.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with patient privacy. To claim it does is entering a straw man into the debate.
edit on 16-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It's more obvious that you haven't. Unless besides your career in archeology doubled as a career in the medical industry?? And that is exactly what you claimed.

I spent ten years as a professional in the medical industry before I switched careers and became an anthropologist/archaeologist. Five of those years were in a hospital with responsibilities that included sitting on disaster readiness committees, writing plans and overseeing the implementation of those plans during regularly-held drills. As a result of that experience, I sat on community and university committees that deal with disaster plans for another ten years. I don't just talk the talk---I've walked it and have the scars from all the paper cuts from the days when the manuals were all in hard copy.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I can always tell what threads someone wants to shut down here at ATS - they are the ones that start getting derailed like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Now deary first off don't assume I'd need years to read and understand a law because you'd be wrong. Second that's the hospitals policy regarding privacy issues. And you're right they aren't allowed to talk about patients illness and private issues but that doesn't change the simple fact that as humans dealing with a deadly disease that you can plainly see from these boards is a scary issue for a lot of people that they wouldn't. And I never said that there were no laws in regards to how to run a hospital I did say that there are no government interventions about keeping Ebola patients a secret which by the way is what this thread is about. The dreaded cabal is not going around locking people away to keep secrets and they couldn't possibly do it. Laws are one thing but to enforce them like you propose there would have to be court cases to prove the accusations and again those things can't be kept quiet. So no a doctor or nurse can't reveal that Mrs Smith's D & C was really an abortion or the Mr Jones has the clap the situation with Ebola is not the same thing and that information would have to be revealed. For safety sake alone. The government would not tell its health care workers to keep it a secret because it would put us the citizens at risk or could.
The difference between us is that I don't think the government is out to screw me and you do.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I dont mean to be rude but i do question your claim to authority. If you have been sitting on a university committee, let alone a disaster preparedness committee responsible to the development and implementation of plans then you must have some published work, can you link to some of your work regarding disaster preparedness?

We have several committees/panels that we refer to in special situations, normally unique infectious diseases or environmental issues that we don't normally encounter. These committee have a huge range of expertise but i never been seen anyone on such a committee with only 10years experience, not saying it cant happen just havnet experienced it.
Ive never witnessed a committee in my health district for disaster preparedness (although have read of international situations), rather disaster preparedness operates as an entire department of our public health, so id be interested if you have any case studies from your time on these committees that demonstrate an unusual issue that was encountered which required a committee to be convened. As you would know such case studies are highly valuable in public health and are regularly published (even if not always in high impact peer reviewed journals) and shared widely across networks. Anything you can point me to? doesnt have to be EVD related although that is certainly topical and may even help with the work i do.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The MSM was going crazy reporting every false alarm, and now your saying they're controlled by Obama? You sure didn't mind their reports when they helped you think Ebola was spreading like crazy...

I'm saying it's a hoax because doctors care about people and aren't going to hide Ebola outbreaks. Especially you're average Joe doctor or nurse who isn't part of the "let em all die" government "plan". This user just saw their time to shine! Anyone who would post a half heard conversation and post that there's a new patient and maybe more is grossly irresponsible and, even unknowingly, hoaxing the community.

Edit: keep in mind it would be a 5th patient in Dallas, not a 4th:

There have already been 4

You misread your own link. Amber Vinson was the fourth patient treated at Emory hospital, which is not in Dallas. Official reports are that Thomas Duncan, Nina Pham and Amber Vinsom had Ebola in Dallas. This OP's post of another possible patient in Dallas would make it the 4th in Dallas.
edit on 17-11-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones
I didn't sit on the committee because it was a particular field of study for me but because I had the experience of planning and implementing drills while working at the hospital. Our plans were certainly published but they resided in huge notebooks on shelves in various departmental offices and with various co-operating governmental agencies. (There are local agreements between the city and university to cooperate in such drills.) My expertise was the organizational aspect of the plans. Various agencies run disaster drills of different sorts, chemical accident, plane crash, infectious disease or natural disaster like tornado or earthquake.
I don't know what the situation is where you work but at our university and in the county as well, getting people to sit on these committees and plan disasters isn't the easiest thing to do. Most people would rather sit on the fun committees.
So, no, I have no published papers on the subject for which I could provide a link. However, I'm sure if you use the search function you will find plenty of publications in that field.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
I can always tell what threads someone wants to shut down here at ATS - they are the ones that start getting derailed like this.

I believe you are correct. Much too persistent for me. I hope to hear more from OP.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
You are entirely correct. The government would absolutely never do anything to put an American citizen in danger.
I'm glad you have such a steel trap of a legal mind that you could understand a law like HIPPA when attorneys who have been dealing with it on a daily basis for as long as it has been effect still have a lot of questions about it. I submit to your superior knowledge and morality.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
A report from the CDC came out a few days ago concerning new details about those who had contact with one of the Dallas Ebola patients and were being monitored:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"One of the new details is that 12 people who had contact with one or more of the Ebola patients were tested for the virus during their 21-day monitoring periods, because these 12 individuals developed a fever or other symptoms that can occur with the disease."

Now this is news to me, as I recall there were no reports of any of them developing symptoms. Also, this list was expanded to 150 healthcare workers in Dallas, up from 125.

This was also reported on my local news this morning.

I wonder if Nina Pham's boyfriend was one of those individuals since he was hospitalized?
edit on 17-11-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

edit on 17-11-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join