It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosetta is singing.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

OH my god ... is it from The Ring or The Grudge?

I know, about the same thing. *shiver*

Or Predator.

Makes you wonder how many sounds we would hear if it were not for the vaccum of space.

Thanks OP!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Space.com says the sounds are coming from the oscillation in the comets magnetic feilds enviroment. Sounds pretty good. I would like to think it is something more bizarre, but they are probably correct.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nettlas

I totally agree. Very Cool!!! Syx.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's happy to be accompanied for once on it's life long "road trip" .

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
This is completely false as there is no sound in outer space.

Well then it looks like the Artist's impression just turned out to be bull poop. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The sounds are coming from the Mining devices, currently mining 67/P

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Space, were no-one can hear you scream....Unless you are tuned into the 40-50 millihertz range.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Neato!!!!! Vibrations resonating. Vibrational Universe. Very cool!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

No sounds in outer space eh? Then how do we communicate with people out there in our space station? Apparently they talk and make sounds so...... your comment holds no ground. Plus the moon rings like a bell. So there is sounds we just don't always hear them with our ears.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I thought because of the vacuum of space that sound isn't really a "thing" in space... can someone please enlighten me?

2nd a reply to: Nettlas

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Spoonman?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From what I understand sound vibration is a wave that flows thru matter like our atmosphere, this is how we hear. With no matter n space (virtually none) how would the sound propagate out to anything to recieve?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KuzKuz
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

No sounds in outer space eh? Then how do we communicate with people out there in our space station? Apparently they talk and make sounds so…... your comment holds no ground.

Must be a slow day at the comedy club …

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

That's it, our ghost's been hacked.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grimpleguy

It's not making a sound at all. At least not in the conventional sense.

Auditory stimulation (sound) is based on pressure differences created in a physical medium like air or water. There is no medium capable of carrying those pressure differentials in space.

The Rosetta probe has a magnetometer sensor that detected changes in the magnetic field surrounding the comet once it arrived in orbit. Apparently these changes were consistent enough that they could be construed as "music" if they were upscaled to the human hearing range and converted from the mathematical representation of magnetic field changes that the probe recorded.

In essence they are doing a few math tricks with probe data and presenting it to the public as "music." The concept of music is easier for most of the public to understand. If I said that "Rosetta has recorded a time-series of magnetic field variations in the comet that occur in an oscillatory pattern of similar maximum amplitudes happening over a period of greater than 1000 seconds" would we be having this conversation right now?

Dex

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

That is awesome OP, thanks.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sound can more easily vibrate through solid material
(such as a comet) than it can even in air.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Some one should get the ball rolling and play this to dolphins. Then examine their reaction and see if our aquatic friends can pic up anything. I say this since they are on a whole different level than us when it comes to acoustic imaging.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This thread is featuring on ATS Live tonight!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-11-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I do hope no ones stupid enough to think these are actual sounds coming from the Comet. Obviously, as already stated sound cannot travel in a vacuum. These are EM waves, that have been taken by a composer/artist and modified into sound in whatever way he felt best, in order to sound nice to humans. He could have modified them into an oil painting that looked nice to humans, but they chose sound for their medium instead.

Unless there's some weird prevalence for detection and interpretation of sound between separate intelligent species, any aliens would not interpret this to sound as we have. It is an art piece and not a recording.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join