It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto has opened a discussion Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I watched an ad on my local News Station last night that Monsanto has started a discussion Forum, "Discover Monsanto"my guess to try to un-tarnish their terrible reputation.

I haven't dug into it yet, I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks til it gets saucy, or they pull it.

Please feel free to give them the works!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I hate Monsanto, they are one, if not probably the most, evil corporation on the planet.

Outside of war crimes, GMOs and Fracking are the worst IMO.

I'll be checking this out, but I bet it will be all controlled propaganda, not real discussion.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Took a little peek at the link. The questions and answers are superficial at best. I think that I will post a question based on this......

Used in yards, farms and parks throughout the world, Roundup has long been a top-selling weed killer. But now researchers have found that one of Roundup’s inert ingredients can kill human cells, particularly embryonic, placental and umbilical cord cells.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I took a look at the sight and the question and answer forum. The "answers" are very roundabout and never give a clear explanation. Many just refer to other article that they know the person is never going to track down and read. For instance, you get this :

Jane N.

Are GMOs bad or not? Why have some countries banned GMOs? Would I know if foods I eat contain GMOs or not?

Answer

Thank you for joining the conversation Jane, GMOs help people around the world by enabling farmers to use fewer resources when they grow food, and keeping healthy meals accessible for everyone. Trusted organizations and regulatory bodies including independent scientists and health associations worldwide agree that food grown from GMOs is as safe to eat as traditional foods. To learn more about why GMOs are safe to eat, check out:
The New Yorker - The Psychology of Distrusting G.M.O.s
U.S. News - GMOs Are Nothing to Fear
Scientific American - Scientific American comes out in favor of GMOs, and I agree

GMOs have been approved by dozens of governments around the world. Most countries in North America and Europe either allow farmers to grow GMO foods or allow the import of GMO products. These are some great resources if you'd like to read more:
NPR - Top Five Myths of GMOs Busted
The Genetic Literacy Project - GMO Myths Debunked

And the best way to find out if a food has GMOs is to ask the brand directly. To learn more visit FDA.gov.

Just more window dressing to improve their image.
edit on 11-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: corrections

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"GMO is bad for you!" now let me enjoy my totally natural cavendish banana.

The problem with monsanto is only how it seems to refuse to be transparent, i mean companies are not even required to say if their products are gmo in america right? that lack of transparency is vile.
but to say gmo is bad just because is ignorant.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I had a quick look. The answers are nothing more than polished PR spin. Obviously, i wouldn't expect anything less.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of the questions were prepackaged and asked by Monsanto employees either...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Monsanto opened up the flood gates to Hell.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I watched an ad on my local News Station last night that Monsanto has started a discussion Forum, "Discover Monsanto"my guess to try to un-tarnish their terrible reputation.

I haven't dug into it yet, I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks til it gets saucy, or they pull it.

"Monsanto why do you feel the need to have a private army?"

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Some forum…

Thank you for joining the conversation Jane, GMOs help people…

Might as well read a brochure.

Monsanto knows it would be avalanched with protest if they opened a real forum. Theres no point to that, just more Monsanto dogma.

ETA: If Monsanto made a commercial it would go something like this…

edit on 11-11-2014 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I thought that was a good question and tried to put it in there, One has to have Facebook to log in and I don't use Facebook. Figures.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
it seems to me monsanto are a scapegoat.....seriously if monsanto packed up shop how long would it take for another business to take their place ?.....the anger towards this business needs to be directed at the source...all business is evil...the profit driven society we live in will be our end .....blaming monsanto is a little like blaming obama or any other puppet head.....

until we revise the way business practices worldwide things will never change

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I hate Monsanto, they are one, if not probably the most, evil corporation on the planet.

Outside of war crimes, GMOs and Fracking are the worst IMO.

I'll be checking this out, but I bet it will be all controlled propaganda, not real discussion.

Yes but who owns them?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
May I live to see the day of the executives and scientists of Monsanto prosecuted and indicted to many years in prison. May they be shown not one ounce mercy.
edit on 16-11-2014 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: ugmold

"Monsanto why do you feel the need to have a private army?"

Wasn't there some flap years ago about Chiquita murdering people in Brazil, like environmental oversight protection people or something, so they can deforest more jungle? Same thing with the Kleenex company?

Six in one hand, half a dozen in another....

Who are the biggest campaign contributors? How much do these guys donate? Who is there parent company? Who financially backed(s) them aside from stock investors?

Hmmm, un memento.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Yes but who owns them?

It's most likely the same people/families that own the medical industry. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Yes but who owns them?

The sad but true answer? It's US. WE own them...because we continually consume the products they produce - and the "they" is any corporation who produces products which cares nothing for the health of their workers, nor the health of the consumers or the safety of the end product.

Without consumers, they would cease to exist. Voting with our dollars is what counts - but this needs to be done BEFORE all choice is removed - with a handful of massive corporations in the end game, owning EVERYthing.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I dono why i cant ask them, but i would liek to ask them why Bees dont like they plants. What are they doing to the plants that bees dont go and visit this plants. If bees dont go and consume nectar from Monsanto plants then humans should avoid it too. I dotn have problems with GMO, i believe GMO is future, but not this way. Not by ignoring the nature!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I remember in the 60s the beginning of "THE GREAT CHEMICAL EXPERIMENT" and Saccarin TAB Cola,AYDS diet candy.My mom ate that garbage for NOTHING diet is synonymous with POISON.
If I MA going to poison my self I'LL DO it with deadly SUGAR ,better the devil you know.

new topics

top topics

join