It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired Of The Propaganda - "Support The Troops"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Well as a current American Soldier I'm here to tell you good job for exercising your rights. No one is telling you to support the troops. I'm sure you have a very difficult job as well. I mean I'm sure it's not even close to going on long deployments to places you don't want to be. Or having to stay in top physical shape to keep your job. Having to answer everything in "Roger sergeant" or "Roger sir". Not having the ability to speak your mind without repercussions. But I did volunteer for this job. Not saying I agree with everything we do, but with unemployment the way it is I needed a job to take care of my family. 90% of us don't want war we want a job. I'm sure you have to do things you don't agree with all the time. If you have a boss then you're at the mercy of that boss. Only difference is you most likely did not sign a contract with the US Government stating "do your time or you will have possible jailtime or a dishonorable discharge". Most of us soldiers are just trying to take care of our families and ourselves. I don't care if I'm not supported because it doesn't make a difference in my pay or my job. I don't like the orders I get but that's life. You do stuff you don't want to do in order to take care of your family. Have a good day and God bless.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I think you need to exactly what "support our troops" means to many people, myself included. If you don't support our troops, then you're saying that you could care less what happens to them.

And honestly, is that all you took away from my post? Sheesh!

(This will be my last post as further participation will not end good.)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

There's no totalitarian system in The Zero Theorem. There's a corporate system, and it's about corporations, not about governments. And that's kind of interesting, because Brazil really was about government and governmental control. We live in a world that corporations rule. Why do people think that politicians run the show? They don't. They're the puppet show

www.rollingstone.com...

Yet, if I don't support the people fighting for the puppet show I'm instantly slagged. Your propaganda dollars at work, folks.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

i'm honestly curious, your prospective as a person on the field can help a lot, i am not trying to be a jerk.
but what rights are you protecting exactly?
the reason i ask is because even with the relative success of most wars, the freedoms americans enjoy have become progressively less.
following the official story, bin laden was killed, thanks also to people like you out there looking for him.
And we got the ultra invasive TSA.
then you went to fight to find the WMDs, found it was a load of bull
And we got NSA and prisim.
not in that order but you get my point.
How do you rationalize it? i'm out there fighting for people's freedom, and when i get back home, no matter how hard i worked, the freedoms are less and less.
At what point can you still believe that an not accept that it has nothing to do with freedom and everything to do with greed?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

We all have our opinions and the rights to freedom of expression. But without allied troops, we surely wouldn't have them. While you can make an argument that modern wars are not needed to be fought, you don't have to look too far back to see that our military forces have protected our freedoms. For example: Who defended your lands and freedom in WW2 against the very real threats of Nazi Germany and the Japanese Empire? The military forces of:

Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Cuba
Czechoslovakia
Denmark
Ethiopia
France
Greece
Luxembourg
Mexico
Norway
New Zealand
Netherlands
Poland
South Africa
Soviet Union
United Kingdom
United States
Yugoslavia

You need to do more research and stop spouting ignorant statements. Our serving men and women have suffered to protect our freedoms. That much is fact.

And to finish off, did you really have to go and author this thread on November 11? Remembrance Day/Veterans Day? It is a huge slight to all who have served, living and gone. Poor form.

edit on 11-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Would you prefer the alternative? I believe that Greece or South Africa can show you how that looks right now.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't like how our countries school systems are being administered, so I'm officially withdrawing my support for school children. I can no longer support them wasting resources. The fact that the kids have nothing to do with the problem is irrelevant. Nope. No support for them.

Same for the soldiers. I don't like the missions they are being used for so no more support. Doesn't matter that they do the dying for the politicians.

End of sarcasm....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I believe that the OP is just pissed off at the whole kit and kaboodle and has decided out of laziness to blame the service members. It's not like there are bigger fish to fry.

The OP also doesn't seem to realize that the decision to enlist is an individual decision.

Nor does the OP realize that it is the POTUS (supposedly with Congressional approval) that sends them off to parts unkown. You know? Those civilians that the OP helped get elected.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WanderingSage

Actually, I'm told all the time I should support the troops. On almost ever television show, ribbons on peoples cars, pretty much every media source will spill this blather.

I don't have a job as I'm persona non grata pretty much everywhere in the corporate world and am not allowed to make money in this rigged system. Believe me, I'd love to go to work yet no one will hire me because the corporation has more rights than I do as a American citizen.

You are fighting a war against Emmanuel Goldstein. I also don't do stuff just to make money that is morally reprehensible to me. I am making my little stand and it's ruined my so called life. I don't even have a life as I'm not allowed to participate in society as I don't and continue to NOT play by the rules that are only there for the elite to subjugate us.

I'm paying a price far more than you are, I'm losing what little sanity I have left because the world has gone insane and there is no place for me because of y idealism. Yet I'm supposed to be happy this Veterans day and celebrate all those who have gone to fight for corporate interests instead of mine or any other American citizen. If you think what you are doing is noble because you are providing for your family, well then I have little to say to that as I find that as equally reprehensible as the Nazis claiming they were just following orders(Godwin's Law invoked only three pages in, yay for me).

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I'm sorry but nearly every citizen is a puppet to the corporations not just the soldiers. That should be blatantly obvious.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
I believe that the OP is just pissed off at the whole kit and kaboodle and has decided out of laziness to blame the service members. It's not like there are bigger fish to fry.

Which is funny since the OP said this on page 1:

the last vets I have any sort of support for were from Vietnam

And what you just said is EXACTLY how the American public tended to view the members of the armed services back during the Vietnam era.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not bitching about a one sentence reply but it was vague so I assumed. I still stand by what I said, however. By being vague you set yourself up so maybe in the future, especially in such a sensitive topic such as this you might want to express yourself a little better.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We all know what happens when we assume, yes? Let me endeavor to be less vague here...

I am grateful that there are men and women who are courageous enough to to sign on to fight for your right to say exactly what you want, when you want IF THE NEED EVER ARISES. We have never had to fight for that right as of yet, but should the time come the very people you are maligning here in this thread will step up for you and for me to ensure that we are safe and that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms we have obviously grown so accustomed to that we no longer appreciate them.

Should a foreign force ever land on our shores and threaten our way of existence and our way of life, they will leave leave their families to make sure that yours is protected. They will not question whether you appreciate them or not, because they don't do it for your appreciation. They do it, because for most it is a higher calling they take pride in.

Less vague still is the fact that we ASSume that nothing is ever going to land in our cozy back yards threatening our rights and our lives. Make no mistake... We are not immune to foreign invasion. You may not agree with what they have done or what they are currently doing, but do not take for granted that they are also here to protect you and yours should the need arise. A draft may come a bit late if you are to wake up to someone storming our beaches on some idle Tuesday in the dead of winter.

I hope that was less vague for you. You have every right to stand by what you said even if it was incorrect and based on assumptions. In the future you may want to hold off on jumping the gun on a sensitive topic such as this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Different era, different sources of information, not relevant. I can't blame them for fighting that war even though it was rigged from the beginning(we were selling to both sides before we came in, you know).

Yes, I did have to do it this day. I'll slight anyone I choose who is doing something morally reprehensible, fighting to preserve a government that would rather have them killed or thrown in prison.

Today, if you choose to go into the armed services, I will call you out as a fool and a ignorant one at that for fighting and killing people who have nothing to do with anything for interests that serve no one except the elite. I have NO support for fools who willingly will fight and kill for a government that doesn't care about we the people, at all, in any way shape or form.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

School children don't have a choice. Soldiers do. Nice strawman argument.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Which is funny since the OP said this on page 1:

the last vets I have any sort of support for were from Vietnam

And what you just said is EXACTLY how the American public tended to view the members of the armed services back during the Vietnam era.

Yeah, I noticed that irony as well. I guess the question to the OP would be, "What made Vietnam different?" By his defined terms it still was a waste of resources that only enriched the oligarchy and was not done for our freedom or defense at all. Why other than it's not cool anymore to disrespect Vietnam vets?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You know, not everyone in the military is in combat arms professions...

I guess the Army Engineers building bridges and roads in Iraq and Afghanistan is a reprehensible action.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

You're not supposed to celebrate this day. Just remember the Veterans who have gone.

Though most people just look at this day similar to Memorial day. Just another day off.

link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: FlyersFan

Funny, I thought the reason I had freedom of expression is because of the constitution. Sure didn't come because we are fighting those evildoers in the ME.

Cold war veteran, oh my Gods, could you post some more so I could have more laughs?

Who stands in place to protect your constitution and the rights that come with it? Take a guess.

You should stop being so disrespectful.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: projectvxn

Funny, I thought the reason I had freedom of expression is because of the constitution.

And the United States Army.

They have lost every conflict they have been in for the last 50 years.

Freedom comes easy, I guess.

How so?

Just because politicians tie the hands of the Army and make political decisions in war doesn't mean we lost. The problem with modern day political thinking, and the Hollywood view of war is that people think there's a nice way to go and kill people. There isn't. And when it isn't palatable, politicians run away from it.

Every time they send you to war.... every time they are wrong... at what point does a military man say "enough is enough!"?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So I should let my family starve? You have a lot of growing up to do mentally. Don't blame me because you don't have a job and can't find one. I used to be a wandering homeless guy, but then I got married and have a 5 year old daughter and I'll pay a price to make sure she has a roof over her head and food in her belly and insurance so she can go to the doctor for anything. It's called responsibilities. As for the support our troops thing being thrown in your face that's just other people exercising their free speech just as you have here. Stop blaming everyone else for your problems. I'm not saying I agree with the government or the corporations, but while the system is the way it is I need to work to take care of my family. When the time comes and the people rise up I know what side I'll be on, but for now I have different responsibilities.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join