It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heebie jeebies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Does anyone else surf ATS late at night in bed and then get kind of creeped out and think every sound is an alien coming with his probe out? My wife thinks I'm very silly for spooking myself the way I do. She says I'm like a 10 year old.

The weird thing is that when I'm really focused on the subject, be it in a book, on ATS or some other site, I find strange things happening. Unusual noises, strange light fluctuations and shadows in my yard, etc. I know it's just my fantasy prone imagination but is it??? What if just the act of intense concentration can cause an event?

Now I sound like a crazy person

I'm going to go snuggle next to my wife and enjoy my heebie jeebies

Goodnight all.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Your avatar gives me the heebie jeebies. lol A vivid imagination is both a blessing and a curse. I think you just enjoy being spooked. Chanel that into something useful, write heebie jeebie books, it worked for Stephen King. ;-)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Does anyone else surf ATS late at night in bed and then get kind of creeped out and think every sound is an alien coming with his probe out?

No.
Perhaps you should change your avatar

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: duaneology hi during the 1990s I did a lot of research into ufo and abductions, so much in fact that when ever any of my friends would talk to me that's all I would go on about, I was reading an analizeing so much that I ended up becoming paranoid an not believing in the society I could see all around me, I had frightend myself so much I stopped reading about it, now and then I look on ats for any new stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Like you should talk. Creepy avatar person. ;-)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Creepy avatar ?
Everybody loves Clowns , those that don't will pay come the day we take Ohio as our own.

there has been talk of all the worlds clowns uniting together and taking over Ohio in the U.S. they will take Ohio, rename it JOKEHIO and make its leader Bippo the Clown supreme lord.
www.urbandictionary.com...

Clowns of the world praise Lord Bippo.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Have a read of this it may interest you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Creepy avatar ?
Everybody loves Clowns , those that don't will pay come the day we take Ohio as our own.

there has been talk of all the worlds clowns uniting together and taking over Ohio in the U.S. they will take Ohio, rename it JOKEHIO and make its leader Bippo the Clown supreme lord.
www.urbandictionary.com...

Clowns of the world praise Lord Bippo.

Thought all the clowns had taken Washington d.c already?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Have a read of this it may interest you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is interesting thanks for the link.

I do have a fantasy prone personality and knowing that allows me to write off the things that go bump in the night. I do like frightening myself though and occasionally letting my imagination run wild.

There was a time when I was very young, before I was diagnosed with fantasy prone personality or FPP, when I did believe the stuff of my imagination to be real. I was seeing ghosts and goblins and aliens every where. I would read alien abduction stories and see and feel the details so vividly that I became convinced it was happening to me too.

I wasn't crazy...I just had this ridiculous hyperactive imagination and being just a kid I didn't yet know the difference between something intensely experienced in my mind and the real world. Come to think of it that kind of sounds like someone who's crazy. Oh well, I'm better now

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What about the thought that we can influence things by thinking about them? Didn't someone come to the conclusion that atoms at Cern acted differently due to observation? Or the whole theory if a butterfly farts in Argentina, it can cause a storm across the globe?

Just playing devils advocate.....LOL

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I do recall reading something about particle physicists or some sort of scientists noting changes to the results based on the thoughts of the observer. I can't remember the details though and I'm too tired to look it up.

There is also the 'Phillip Experiment' which I find very fascinating.

www.time-loops.net...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Interesting reading!
IIRC there's been speculation that some of the phenom on the skin walker ranch appears due to expectations by the people observing. Things appear as you anticipate them.

Ooooooo!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

So does that mean that those with fantasy prone personality disorder are seeing and experiencing things that aren't really occurring or is it possible that the FPP type is a conduit through which strangeness manifests itself?

I've often wondered that about schizophrenics. Perhaps they're tuned into something the rest of us are simply incapable of receiving? And it eventually drives them mad.
edit on 11uam11America/Chicago2014Tuesday2014814 by duaneology because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have seen the true monsters in this life. I don't get afraid of sounds or the dark. I guess you can say I'm desensitized to it. I'm free of the constraints that fear holds on a person. I am truly free. I do have an urgent sense that the said monsters must be dealt with at some point. One day it will happen and we'll evolve into something greater.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There are cases in the ufology lore where people who seem sincere\credible claim they have seen ufos in the night sky, and the ufos have responded to the witnesses' thoughts. i.e.----The ufo will have a steady illumination, but will blink
in response to the witnesses 'mental requests'. Totally telepathic communication.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
I have seen the true monsters in this life. I don't get afraid of sounds or the dark. I guess you can say I'm desensitized to it. I'm free of the constraints that fear holds on a person. I am truly free. I do have an urgent sense that the said monsters must be dealt with at some point. One day it will happen and we'll evolve into something greater.

Tell us more about the monsters!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm always on here late at night, but no heebie jeebies. Maybe watch a funny movie before bedtime instead of staying here.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I know same here! That avatar!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh don't get me wrong, I like getting the heebie jeebies. I even have my favorite ATS threads that I go back and revisit when I need a good dose

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I never get scared by ufology or even feeling presence or threats. It brings out the Serve and Protect, draw the line in light and Hero or Zero lectures in me. I already know that even the biggest bad guy is a tiny immature peter pan's lost boys juvie in a harm others filled poopie diaper. They're poopie diaper dummies, the overlords and entities that harm, and the politicians and royal families and bankers, and PTB all a bunch of tiny snotty nosed, poopie diaper dummies and I'm on the arrest team one day for them holding big IOU's. They need alot of counseling, retraining. Found out my soul isn't a juvie, but kind of adult like.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join