It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Morello, M.I.A., PJ Harvey, Moby Voice Support for Edward Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
www.rollingstone.com...

The statement reads: "We stand in support of those fearless whistleblowers and publishers who risk their lives and careers to stand up for truth and justice. Thanks to the courage of sources like Daniel Ellsberg, Chelsea Manning, Jeremy Hammond and Edward Snowden, the public can finally see for themselves the war crimes, corruption, mass surveillance, and abuses of power of the U.S. government and other governments around the world. WikiLeaks is essential for its fearless dedication in defending these sources and publishing their truths. These bold and courageous acts spark accountability, can transform governments and ultimately make the world a better place."

Former Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello expounded on why he wanted to support whistleblowers in his own statement. "Those courageous enough to expose the crimes of government and unmask corruption embody the spirit of democracy and justice," he wrote. "Rather than being celebrated as the truth-tellers and champions of accountability that they are, they are persecuted and find themselves the target of a draconian legal system that punishes them for the act of exposing crimes."

I usually don't care what celebrities have to say. This is a little different as this is not just one person spouting off it's a whole group of various people from different fields. I don't think I can say any more that is better than what Tom Morello wrote as he pretty much sums it all up in just a few words.

Maybe, someday, people will listen, take a look around and really see what is going on in the world. Maybe actions like this, if only as a starting point, will somehow lead to change (not the types of change our moron in charge gave us).

Probably not, but one can hope.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Rage was one of the first politically influenced bands I ever listened to, hell they might be half the reason I'm bawls deep in the CT and activist fields.

If only more people with this much power stood up and applauded these whistle-blowers, we might have more of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Gotta love some Rage against the machine. I wish more people would speak out against the treatment of whistleblowers in the US. The more this carries on where the whistle blower is subjected to harsh critisim and dirty tricks, the less we will here about whistleblowers. More people will fear to speak out against an establishment, hell bent on keeping most people out of its way. Scary I have to wonder what our founders would think if they knew what had happened to this country.

join