It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

so you walk into a music store and paul gilbert is there....what do you do

page: 1

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:49 AM
you jam of course.

i love this video....just some regular dude at a music store that happens to run into paul gilbert.
i could not even imagine way would i be able to play....

this is pretty cool. not perfect by any of the few times you will see paul play something other than an ibanez....

i think its cool...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:06 AM
a reply to: Grovit

That's a pretty good guitar stand-off.

Gilbert has been voted fourth-best on GuitarOne magazine's "Top 10 Greatest Guitar Shredders of All Time".[1] He has also ranked in Guitar World's "50 Fastest Guitarists of All Time" list.[2]

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:12 AM
a reply to: darkbake

hell yeah...i couldnt imagine walking into a music store and seeing someone like paul there...
you walk in to get a pack of strings and you wind up going back and forth with one of the greatest guitarists(and MI instructor) or all time...
too awesome

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:30 AM
If I walked into a music store and Paul Gilbert was there I'd probably walk straight past him as I have no idea who he I??? Cool bid though

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:51 AM

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:17 AM
Aside from being one of the world's best guitarists, he's a riot.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:38 AM
a reply to: ColeYounger

yeah...he's awesome....he always looks like is has such a good time...seems like a great teacher and all around good ego with him....

i want to see a G3 with paul gilbert, guthrie govan, and buckethead....
thats my dream lineup right there.....

dont know why guthrie or the bucket has not been there as of yet....

paul strikes me as a music fan first, guitarist second....super cool

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:01 PM
I would ask him if I could have his magical pinky and to play technical difficulties as well.
edit on 11-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
You go up to him and say hi. Paul is a super nice guy and very approachable. I knew Paul when I was going to Musicians Institute back in the mid 80's and had a couple lessons from him also. He's one of the most down to earth people you'll ever meet. I wish I had half of his talent.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
a reply to: mtnshredder

wow went to MI?
did you meet jennifer batten? i know she teaches there too.

i dont really get the celeb idol thing but i think if i ran into paul gilbert i would not really know what to do..

how was it taking lessons from paul?
tell me some stories please

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
a reply to: Grovit

No, never met Jennifer she graduated a few year before I attended MI. Paul's a very good teacher, learning from him and some of the others teachers there at the time, were both a technical learning experience, as well as a lesson in humility LOL. GIT has some great teachers and they never made you feel less than. It was a great experience for me although at times a little overwhelming.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:09 PM
Loved paul since racer x.

new topics

top topics