It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair risks split with US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
anyone read the sun today?

TONY Blair is putting vital defence ties with America at risk to please Europe, a top Whitehall official warned last night.

Anti-US feelings are being stoked by France, which wants an EU alliance with China, the source claims.

www.thesun.co.uk...

could this be wise of blair to enter a aliance with china
which france wants?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Blair is Bush's poodle. He would not go against him, be assured of that. France confuses me, it's either against US and UK, or it's for it.

EDIT: The sun is a tabloid. It is hardly credible.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

TONY Blair is putting vital defence ties with America at risk to please Europe, a top Whitehall official warned last night.

Anti-US feelings are being stoked by France, which wants an EU alliance with China, the source claims.

www.thesun.co.uk...

I think Tony Blair is striving to save the reminants of his political career, and trying to restore some of his countries credibility. This would seem quite the logical step with the unfolding catastrophy in Iraq.

I suppose when one realises he has backed the wrong horse, drastic action must be taken, similar to what the Italians did in World War II.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Blair will kiss the arse of anyone who can help make his desire for the EU presidency come true. He thought that helping GWB would in turn result in a 'scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' situation whereby Bush would use his influence with the US voters.

Blair screwed up badly with this when it turned out that many Brits see his war as unnecessary and Bush as a warmonger. He also alienated much of Europe and now is trying to pick up the pieces.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join