It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian capital Moscow shrouded in noxious gas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
link

Residents of parts of the Russian capital Moscow have been urged by the emergencies ministry to stay indoors because of a noxious gas that is spreading through the city.

The source of the gas is unclear - no accidents have been reported at any of Moscow's chemical factories.

Media reports said that the gas was hydrogen sulphide, which can be highly toxic and smells like rotten eggs.

That whole thing is crazy. If it is, indeed, hydrogen sulphide, it's nothing to play around with, and I hope that they find the source soon. In a city of 11 million people, that is going to be a serious issue if they don't, because it's deadly after a little while. It's worrying that it's being smelled in so many areas of the city, too, as that means it's probably a pretty big leak.
edit on 11-11-2014 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Link isn't working.

Edit: Fixed, ty.
edit on 11-11-2014 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DestroyDestroyDestroy

Thanks for letting me know. Fixed.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Attack?

False Flag?

Lots of people mad at Russia.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I sure hope this isn't an attack on Gazprom by the West.

They should be taking steps to protect their people...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Some info on hydrogen sulfide:
(Google) hydrogen sulfide is produced naturally from decaying organic matter. It can be released from sewage sludge, liquid manure, and sulfur hot springs, and with natural gas. It is also used or is a by-product in many industrial processes such as: Petroleum production and refining.

I doubt it was caused by any nefarious reasons, but who knows.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Very deadly stuff....somebody will suffer from the fumes athsmatics etc....could even be a few deaths....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hydrogen Sulphide is comparable in toxicity to Hydrogen Cyanide..the gas used to execute people.

Not a good thing to have floating around anywhere in high quantities, but floating around a major city of around 11 million people?

Not a good at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x

Some info on hydrogen sulfide:
(Google) and sulfur hot springs, and with natural gas.

I doubt it was caused by any nefarious reasons, but who knows.

What about a volcano ? Does anyone on ATS know if there is any underground magma chambers there? ... Or anything like a fault line that could be getting ready to blow. ?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
well i don't see it on RT.com so it must not be to serious .....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Walsh

RT is for the west not Russian consumption, hence the English speaking talking heads.

If RT reports on it, it will be because Russia is blaming the west for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I'm sure Russia will blame the west anyways !

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

Or true...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

RT is for the west not Russian consumption, hence the English speaking talking heads.

Your right they have enough state run media for the masses in Russia to watch.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It could be a sewage problem, we had something similar happen one time in the dorms.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

"The source of the rotten eggs smell turned out to be a leak from a sulfur dioxide processing facility at an oil refinery in Moscow, the Emergencies Ministry confirmed."

RT

Looks like mystery is solved, and things are OK as of now.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

If RT reports on it, it will be because Russia is blaming the west for it.

Russia did not blame Hitler they just kicked his arse and Russia does not do false flags but I think this story will just be something that has been blown all out of proportion.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Russia did not blame Hitler they just kicked his arse and Russia does not do false flags but I think this story will just be something that has been blown all out of proportion.

Are you serious?

They were allied with Nazi Germany up to Germany invading the USSR. The treaty they signed with Nazi Germany resulted in the USSR also invading Poland and taking their part of it. It also had secret protocols giving the Baltic nations to the USSR and Eastern Europe to Germany.

The FSB blew up apartment buildings to gain support for a Chechen war.
The USSR lied about its invasion / involvement in Afghanistan. When the USSR invaded Afghanistan they used commercial airliners on "charter flights" for their airborne units to kick things off.
Russia currently lies about Russians being in Ukraine.

The USSR hid its position from the Japanese when they wanted the USSR to be an intermediary with the US.
The USSR promised at the end of WWII that countries they occupied would be free once the nations held elections and we know how that turned out.

When Soviet forces invaded Finland they told the world they were dropping food supplies to them.
To justify their invasion the USSR shelled its own border outpost in Mainila, killing their own soldiers, which they blamed on Finland to justify attacking them.
Putin claimed there were no Russian combat troops in Crimea when he later admitted there were.

There is no nation on the planet that is squeaky clean, the US included. To try and make the argument that the USSR / Russia is an angel is just downright naive and ignorant and wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They were allied with Nazi Germany up to Germany invading the USSR

Yes I know and I think I have reminded you about it several times before and then as I said Russia kicked Hitler's arse so I am not sure what bit you don't agree with.
edit on 11-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

You have never corrected me on that topic being its something ive pointed out many times before.

Secondly I took exception to you stating Russia does not do false flags when in fact they do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join