It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost story????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I remebered this incident today, that occured when my family moved into the house that we are still living in.

We moved house in the winter of 1994 (Feb) to a 1960's detached house in a small cull de sac, in a village in the UK. Our 2 young twin daughters, who were 3 years old at the time, shared a bedroom overlooking a large garden with a tree slap bang in the middle. The garden was surrounded by a large hedge, but at night was partially illuminated by a street light.

Within days of moving in we noticed that our daughters would bugger about in their bedroom after we put them to bed. When either my wife or myself went up to settle them down we would find them both standing on the bed next to the window, looking out into the garden. Whenever we asked them what they were looking at they would always reply "We are waving at the little girl under the tree". Obviously whenever we looked out we saw nothing.

At first we put their actions down to young imaginations and the excitement of moving to a house in the countryside. However their insistance that there was a little girl in the garden grew to the extent that they would say that they sometimes saw her during the daytime. One night, in the early hours one of my daughters woke me up and told me "The little girl is in the garden and she is lonely". At this time I was a Police Officer, so believing that there was an intruder in the garden I got up and checked. You guessed it........no sign of anyone, gate still locked, no one about anywhere.

After a couple of months my wife confided in me that she sometimes felt uncomfortable going upstairs during the daytime. Especially when I was on shift and the girls were at play school. When I was night turn, I would sleep until around 1 or 2 pm and a couple of times I awoke thinking that someone was in the house, when I knew that my wife and kids were out.

About 5 months after moving in I went down to the local pub and struck up a conversation with one of the old boys who had lived in the village all his life. The 'village drums' had been beating and everyone knew what I did for a job, even though I kept it quiet. So this 'old boy' felt that he should tell me about some of the things that had gone on in the village over the years.

After a couple of pints he asked me where I lived. I told him to which he said "Oh it was terrible what happened to that poor little girl down there". I kid you not, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I could hear blood pounding in my ears. "Tell me about it" I replied.

It turned out that the Close I live in had been constructed in 2 phases. Phases 1 had been completed and families moved in, with phase 2 being the cull de sac I lived in. It was during the school holidays while they were building my house that a family with a couple of kids moved into phase 1. Obviously my end of the close was a building site and the local kids would go down and talk with the builders. Anyway, one day the little girl form this family (aged 5/6) went down to see the builders. While she was there a bulldozer or steamroller reversed and hit her. Apparently she died at the scene and shortly afterwards the family moved away.

I described to this 'old boy' exactly where my house was and he confirmed that it happened right next to it. As you can imagine I couldn't believe what I had heard, especially as my wife and I had agreed not to mention our 'experiences' to anyone.

I left the pub and went straight home to tell my wife, who was waiting for me downstairs in her dressing gown (it was about 10.30pm) "You won't believe what I have just heard down the pub" I said. "You won't believe what I have just seen!" she replied.

She told me that she had decided to go to bed to read. After checking on the children she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Halfway through she glanced in the mirror and saw the reflection of a little girl standing on the landing. Thinking that it was one of our daughters out of bed she turned to find that there was no one there. She immediately checked our daughters, who's door was closed and both were fast asleep. She told me that the landing was absolutely freezing.

I told her the story that had been told to me down the pub and it appeared that she had seen the little girl at the same time that I was being told the story of how she had died.

The next day we moved our twins into another bedroom and the sightings of the little girl stopped. Every now and then they would claim to have seen her, but we never made a big deal out of things and eventually they stopped mentioning her.

Spooky ehh??????

[edit on 20/10/2004 by BillyTheCat]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Wow!...I had forgotten that I had posted this story (back in 2005?) and have only just recently re discovered ATS.

A quick up date for anyone who is interested - We moved from the house in the story in early 2004, and lived abroad for a couple of years.

In 2006 we returned to the UK and moved to a village about 20 miles from where we used to live.

In October my wife was out shopping in a nearby town when she bumped into the family who bought our house. They proceeded to tell how much they enjoyed living in a village and how they had extended the house etc etc

At the end of the conversation the woman leaned in close to my wife and whispered "Did you know the house was haunted?"

My wife had all but forgotten the occurrences when we had first moved in all those years ago, but truthfully answered "Yes, but we just ignored it, and it went away"

The woman smiled and said "Yes its nothing evil and its all stopped now, but my children (who were around 2 & 3 at the time they moved in) would keep telling us that there was a little girl living in the house with us"

My wife said that the hairs on the back of her neck stood up, and both of them smiled a knowing smile at each other, said their good byes and then parted.

So.......I guess that maybe, just maybe, their are such things as ghosts?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wow BillyTheCat!! Wonderful story. Gave me shivers. I am new to ATS, even though my join date goes back several months, I really just recently got on the forums. This is a wonderful story! Going to the pub, and them explaining what happened must have been CRAZY!! Thank you for sharing.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by sniknej]

[edit on 12/4/2009 by sniknej]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyTheCat

Great story! It so often seems it's the children who first realize something is going on. Yes, spooky indeed. I loved it.

new topics

top topics

join