It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security camera footage from homes, businesses broadcast online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well so much for wireless security camera's for me! I knew there had to be a "catch". Sure it would be a given to pick a decent password, but like using the cloud, sometimes it's best not to get new tech right away.

www.cbc.ca...

What do you think ATS?
Personally I'm back to a few well placed trail cams......sigh.....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
just make sure you change the password from the default and job done and if you really want to play theres the shodanhq website where you can can find all sorts of routers/phonesystems/cams etc searchable

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Later after I thought more about the article, it occurred to me we make it super easy for alphabet agencies to monitor us. Lots of friends thought the Cloud was the neatest things since sliced bread. Me not so much. As simple as it is to change the default password, I'd still figured people needed a heads up about the website in the article broadcasting security footage from near & far.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes was looking for security camera that would do what I want it to do. Which is record onto a 32 gig card, not stream onto a cloud online. I don't want that. Just you take the card out or connect the camera to your computer and read the card when you want to. I don't want a separate computer and camera rigged up, just one that somehow records movements in areas.

But I agree those ones are not nice, they put all your info online.

new topics

top topics

join