It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street drummer with bonus dancing kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I really enjoy watching drummers like this. I also like that the kid got all excited and has yet to care what other people think.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Oh man that kid is great! Big ole smile on my face watching that.
And the guy drumming is awesome as well, very creative.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Good stuff

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I liked the kid better than the drummer, I didn't think he was that good.

With that said, he's got more guts than me to sit out there and play.

I would give him the change in my pocket just for that reason alone.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The drumming was excellent! He never broke his rhythm while playing at an amazing speed. Also the different sounds he produced with various objects was really fascinating. It was a complete composition. He moved about on the ground from pot to pan without ever missing a beat.

The little boy getting his groove on was just priceless. Great post!
So nice to something positive, creative and beautiful for a change.

edit on 10-11-2014 by antoinemarionette because: added a thought

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I find the sound of hang drums much more pleasing to the ears...

edit on 10-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Thanks for posting all of these, but especially the Daniel Waples one; I found him quite a while ago and he's really matured into the instrument. Although these players are thought to be 'street' musicians, he's played all over the world and I think Carnegie Hall (?)

I'm on a mailing list for the raffle to buy a hang drum; there are so few made that they're in very limited supply, and very expensive!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Haha! Little dude was really getting into it! Sooo cute!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This may be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

I'm sure most of the techno nerds here have already seen it by now...

This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of Engineering at the University of Iowa . Amazingly, 97% of the machine's components came from John Deere Industries and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft Iowa , yes farm equipment. It took the team a combined 13,029 hours of set-up, alignment, calibration, and tuning before filming this video but as you can see it was WELL worth the effort. It is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the University and is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian.

University of Iowa Farm Machine Music

By now most of you have probably seen or heard some version of Animusic’s digitally animated musical concerts, specifically, their “Pipe Dream” video which has over 1.1 million views on YouTube. Well, Intel went ahead and made a real-world version of that concert! Taking 90 days to go from concept to completion, the robot “musicians” use 2,300 balls to produce 120 unique notes on what Intel describes as “off-the-shelf hardware” running “existing software” – meaning for $160k you too could build this in your garage! Compare and contrast the two videos after the jump.

Animusic’s “Pipe Dream” Made Real

edit on 11-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I had a good laugh at the alien in the crowd of the second video you posted. At about the 2:50 mark. I think the drummer noticed it also. He had a big smile on his face and looked like he was about to laugh right before the camera pans over to the alien.

top topics

join