It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Architect: We Passed the Law Thanks to the 'Stupidity of the American Voter'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm on record that the dumbest comment I have ever heard a politician make is Pelosi's "pass it so we can read it" comment.

This "I've never heard of him" crap is even dumber and that's saying something.

I'm sorry some Democrats seem to be the intellectual equivalent of pond sludge.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm on record that the dumbest comment I have ever heard a politician make is Pelosi's "pass it so we can read it" comment.

This "I've never heard of him" crap is even dumber and that's saying something.

I'm sorry some Democrats seem to be the intellectual equivalent of pond sludge.

I don't even think it is all stupidity on her part. Or senility.
I think she lies sometimes.
A star on your post.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

that's an insult to pond sludge....I DEMAND YOU RETRACT YOUR EARLIER REMARKS, AND APOLOGIZE TO POND SLUDGE!

....i've had rather good conversations with pond sludge....

i think wallpaper paste is a more accurate comparison, lol

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't know what it is or if it matters. What matters is that I'd love for the entire nation to have some kind of referendum or at least a vote of no confidence in some of these idiots. Some way to "vote them off the island" as it were.

The two-party system is really not the problem. Neither is the American way of doing things. It's these bloodsucking, egomaniacal slugs that have infected the Congress (on both sides of the aisle) ...

I'm in favor of the Mars Attacks! solution.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I quibbled between pond sludge and granite chips.

Wallpaper paste is also a very accurate metaphor.

I stand by my comment, while acknowledging that some pond scum is A-OK.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Its definitely up there on the stupidity level, but at the same it reveals a truth about how our congress works.

Democrats seem to be the intellectual equivalent of pond sludge.

Are republican party cheerleaders any better?

The Republicans party cheerleaders allowed themselves to be manipulated by their own party and to go against republican ideals.

1. The GOP convinced republicans its OK to pick the winners and loosers in the market when they started the bailouts.

2. The GOP convinced republicans its OK to squash STATE RIGHTS when they supported legislation to NOT allow States to decide what is best for them in regards to GMO products.

3. The GOP convinced republicans its OK to talk about small gov't and creating Home Land security.

4. The GOP convinced republicans its OK to give up your individual freedoms to the big gov't with the patriot act.

5. etc, getting tired but I think you get the point.

R and D Political Cheerleaders are equally the intellectual equivalent of pond sludge.

Then you have the intellectual equivalent of pond sludge who actually thinks that their is a difference between the two parties.

edit on 491130America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 13:49:07 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I stand by my comment

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

you will rue the day....

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Actually I said "some Democrats" ... that qualifier makes quite a bit of different in the meaning of what I said, yes?

I said that because I actually joined the Democratic party in the last election.

And as to your other material, I don't think anyone here would accuse me of being coy about my personal opinion of Republicans, nor do I disagree with your points, but, I'm not really sure that it's on target talking about Pelosi.

She should do the Party a favor and retire. She got her "First Woman Speaker" title for her legacy's sake.

Best, rest assured I'll be barking at the Republicans again before long, LOL.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, Gruber said outright they would tax the insurance companies who would then pass on the cost to the consumers, and those who believe in this Big Govt approach will not admit that this is causing the cost of their own premiums to go up, and everyone else's too, so where's the altruism they sport all the time? Cause their altruism is ruining it for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Democrats are saying that Gruber had an insignificant role in the ACA crafting.
Frontline interviewed Gruber.... He says he sat in the Oval Office with Obama and discussed the problem of getting the taxes past the CBO.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

We Passed the Law Thanks to the 'Stupidity of the American Voter'

That might be the first true statement to ever come out of this administration, me thinks.

maybe he said that because when the right-leaning public hears the word..."TAX"...to pay for something, they go nuts, as if they have to sacrifice their first-born kid. the real stupidity is that here in America, we subsidize the wealthy, while the average joe is paid for part-time, low-wage, no-benefits, jobs....not only that, but the "media-talking-heads" being paid 6 to 7 figure incomes, are the ones that talk about how bad raising taxes for health care is for the "American people"
example:
Joe Scarborough...republican morning TV guy, who always complains about paying taxes....4 million a year in salary
Sean Hannity...republican radio and TV guy, who always complains about paying taxes....15 million a year in salary
Bill O'Reilly....republican TV guy, who always complains about paying taxes....20 million a year in salary
Shepard Smith....a republican TV guy, who complains about taxes....10 million a year in salary
Bret Baier...FOX NEWS....7 million a year in salary
rush Limbaugh....right-wing republican radio guy, always bitching about the poor, and paying taxes....38 million a year in salary
I'm singling these guys out because these are the people that have bitched the most about the ACA, and how much in taxes it's going to cost......
there are others in media that tend to lean to the left or in the middle that do not bitch about it, even though they make millions a year, because they know they have it better than most. but, they don't complain about having to pay higher taxes, because they understand that there are a majority of hard working people, that have had to struggle with paying for medical care.
edit on 16-11-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Frontline interviewed Gruber.... He says he sat in the Oval Office with Obama and discussed the problem of getting the taxes past the CBO.

straight from the republican playbook, of changing catch phrases, and using dialog that doesn't quite mean what it sounds like.....kinda hurts when the shoe is on the other foot, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
republicans don't have to worry though....the next few elections, they will be able to scare the crap out of the voting public to repeal it. then they can start working on privatizing social security, whittling down medicare, doing away with most entitlements to the poor and the middle class, with the savings going to cutting only your taxes. so hang in there you wealthy people, America will make you even more wealthier than you are now!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

straight from the republican playbook, of changing catch phrases, and using dialog that doesn't quite mean what it sounds like.....kinda hurts when the shoe is on the other foot, right?

It hurts the American public when the shoe is on either foot.
Just pointing out lies... they come from both sides.
The Oval Office is occupied by Obama right now though.
His lies are current.
edit on bu302014-11-16T10:01:55-06:0010America/ChicagoSun, 16 Nov 2014 10:01:55 -060010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

you forgot the bit about crucifixions of the elderly, the burning of children, and the sky falling.

christ, where do you lot GET some of this s**t?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Democrats always get scared and shivering when their agendas are exposed to their own populace.

People might not vote for them anymore.

Who will they be able to retain now?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
The denial in this thread is astounding. Even when confronted with the fact that they were hoodwinked, and made fools, Liberals are not only unable to acknowledge it, they still defend it.

It's because the liberals never believed the lies they helped spread. The only people who have been hoodwinked are the republicans who believe there is some kind of good faith argument between the two parties. This is not the case. The only fools are the ones who believe that is about something other than power.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Come on people..

You all know that all these bastards serve the same lord. Democrat or Republican, doesn't matter.. the POTUS are selected, not elected so all this mud-slinging is totally useless. I'm pretty sure that most "normal" democrat voters are deeply disappointed the way things have turned out. Of course there will be people who can't admit that they've been wrong, that's just human nature.

It doesn't matter, as long as the two party system continues to triumph there simply won't be any change. The men behind the curtain are calling the shots and have been doing so since forever. Don't get tangled. The whole system has to be brought down.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tryptych

Selected by whom?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am enjoying watching this Gruber bottom feeder squirm like the worm he is while he's getting grilled in this hearing going on right now.

Finding a lot of new things out about this catastrophic, unaffordable healthcare nightmare act of he and the madman Obama's.

Yep folks, Slowly but surely the truth is coming out about just how insane this new law is. It will destroy not only businesses, but the lives of individuals.

When you listen to the facts concerning it, one quickly realizes that it was written by irrational lunatics. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join