It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Would you rather bring all the peolple in history into our present time or bring a select number of present day people back to biblical times? That is assuming that certain items in the present would be available in the past. I think the conspiracy here is a whole religion of people not knowing what exactly their future with God will be like. If you sat in a seat of decision of creating a eternal place based on some point in history would you choose now or then? Then being the days of soloman.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

If you are asking what is my idea of Paradise or Heaven, I don't think I have one. I just know that if I ever get there, I won't be in pain anymore and whatever life is like, it will be much less of a trial than it is now.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko but if you had to choose your own version would you choose then or now givin that you could gather everyone to a single point in time.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'd like a Here There Be Dragons Fantasy World to explore, but I know it won't be like that. After all, we're supposed to finally get the answers. But if we believe the idea of the 1,000 year reign, it should like we will get some kind of mundane life to live for a long, long time. However, it should be a life we will mostly all be content and well pleased with. I'd be happy with a simple country style life.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
bring a bunch of people here.
Show them apple products:
"THIS is the work of satan! you must stop this from happening! fear the apple!"
And send them back in time.

pcmasterrace.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
To many people. And besides, you have to becoming a living spirit in order to become *immortal* unless you want to become a robot.

Try thinking of planetary colonization. Then we can think about having a population over 30 trillion. And becoming a living spirit you have no reproductive organs. So there is no male and female in such a case as gender is neutralized.

Humans pretty much have to exist in order for these living souls to reproduce. Once you are animated particles with unified consiousness the only way you could potencially colonize planets is by creating the flesh and blood counterparts to reproduce for you. Then you choose the people to turn into living spirits.

That's pretty much what the kingdom of heaven on Earth is.
Because at that point, Disease is reduced because of sciences. Life expentancy can be increased to thousands of years for humans alone, Where as the living spirits live much longer but as mentioned reproduction is limited. And reproduction is not always nessisarly your personal offspring.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Would you rather bring all the peolple in history into our present time or bring a select number of present day people back to biblical times? That is assuming that certain items in the present would be available in the past. I think the conspiracy here is a whole religion of people not knowing what exactly their future with God will be like. If you sat in a seat of decision of creating a eternal place based on some point in history would you choose now or then? Then being the days of Solomon.

Why do I have to choose, Solomons reign was not perfect and Jerusalem would fall in to ruin again.
Why is it a conspiracy, why do you only offer Solomons reign as an option, how about what God originally intended for His creation, the Garden of Eden.
How about if heaven is not just a place but a relationship with God, you only have a human concept of the spiritual.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The thing with eternity is past, present and future have all happened. Just not to me or the next guy. To wonder why this is possible is to question life itself and concluding it's not possible. Or just take away all matter and how it behaves like clockwork and view existence as memory only where each has individual time or several spirits agreed to be together and share their memories.

I would choose the place in time when the sun stopped giving enough light for life to flourish on the planet and I suppose I could just summon anyone's spirit whatever time they lived and I don't know, have a beer with them

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch I think the conspiracy is us not being unified on what is too come. Someone may have to choose and i just like to hear what somw may be expecting. To put it simply past or present.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
bring a bunch of people here.

Show them apple products:

"THIS is the work of satan! you must stop this from happening! fear the apple!"

And send them back in time.

pcmasterrace.
maybe you mean show them in a way that works this time. much says it was done already but someone perhaps dropped the ball

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
To many people. And besides, you have to becoming a living spirit in order to become *immortal* unless you want to become a robot.

Try thinking of planetary colonization. Then we can think about having a population over 30 trillion. And becoming a living spirit you have no reproductive organs. So there is no male and female in such a case as gender is neutralized.

Humans pretty much have to exist in order for these living souls to reproduce. Once you are animated particles with unified consiousness the only way you could potencially colonize planets is by creating the flesh and blood counterparts to reproduce for you. Then you choose the people to turn into living spirits.

That's pretty much what the kingdom of heaven on Earth is.

Because at that point, Disease is reduced because of sciences. Life expentancy can be increased to thousands of years for humans alone, Where as the living spirits live much longer but as mentioned reproduction is limited. And reproduction is not always nessisarly your personal offspring.

the planetary colonization thought assumes that planets are not alive and would want us there. my view is that people are planets and over crowding could be problem if so.

These livins spirits i wonder if they have all 5 senses? I think not. My view of heaven would be having the form i have now but lacking the ageing process and pain. What i have found is that our senses are very linked to the frame of our minds and ageing. So to reverse the process would to become a child again by taking away the understanding that adults have. I do not see a place where we stay the same but do not get old.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Then ! This day and age is a dark awful alien place. God doesn't like this day and age i.e the future a.k.a now. Neither do I. Neither would any of the Biblical figures like to be in this day and age. There's no love here in our sophisticated, civilized wasteland devoid of morals.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We all imagine a country style life for the 1000 year reign.

Can you imagine the size of this cities on an earth where people live 1000 years and beget 1000 sons and daughters. The whole earth will be covered in civilized cites. We will probably have some sort of technologies and human developments approved of by God also. It will be a Godly version of this day and age

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'd rather drink muddy water than sleep in a hollow log.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

The present is nothing more than a reflection of the past, ugly brokenness.
The future is a promise that we dont understand.

I will wait faithfully for the promise.
Between living now or then, I reckon I would stuff everything up no matter when or where I lived.

So tell us what you would choose Deadeye and if you dont mind, the reason.
Me I like hot water and a comfy bed, we have it reasonably good here and now.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog
I'd rather drink muddy water than sleep in a hollow log.

That ole gal is a wrecker!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch I hear talk from some of the sons that the 1000yr is something everyone should be a part of because it is the best of all we have known. I think the truth can be found in the replies here. A bit in one post and a bit in another post but personally from all the knowledge i have gathered about the true way life works i would be content as a plant or tree in a gaurded forest. However one far great has a way of forming things and can find the right balance of the mind for us. Now if it were up to me them my earthly desires would get in most peoples ways. Praise GOD cause he takes many needs from us and replaces them with that feeling one gets after doing something great. In short i do not think a place modeled after my desires and wants could be called heaven.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

Then ! This day and age is a dark awful alien place. God doesn't like this day and age i.e the future a.k.a now. Neither do I. Neither would any of the Biblical figures like to be in this day and age. There's no love here in our sophisticated, civilized wasteland devoid of morals.

You must live in a 'dark awful alien place' because the world really isn't that bad but is a pretty awesome place. And it seems you and your god are eerily similar....perhaps even identical?

I'd go back in time to biblical times to edit to bible to one simple line....

' try not to be a **** '

edit on 19-11-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join