It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

You can now buy the CIA's "evil" Osama Bin Laden doll

page: 1

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM

A fan of secret service memorabilia? Keen to strengthen your resolve never to become a terrorist? This could be the auction for you, with the CIA-made Osama Bin Laden doll being auctioned off with bidding starting at $2,500.

The doll was designed by Hasbro executive and G.I. Joe creator Donald Levine for an "influence operation" that was to see the dolls distributed to children in the Middle East in the hope that it would put them off joining al Qaeda.

The plan was scrapped and only three dolls were ever made.

One of them is now for sale on auctioning website Nate D. Sanders, already attracting a bid of $2,500.

"Scarce and nearly unbelievable prototype of Osama Bin Laden doll intended for use in Arab countries in order to persuade children from idolizing the terror leader," the lot's description reads.

"The project was discontinued after the prototypes were developed, with this prototype being one of just three in existence.

"The other two remain either at C.I.A. headquarters or the Pentagon. The doll's permanent head is a look-alike representation of Bin Laden, and comes with a removable head featuring a depiction of Bin Laden as a ''demon''.

"The removable head is a frightening representation of Bin Laden, with his face painted bright red with black facial features and bright green eyes.

Of the doll's sartorial aspects, it adds: "The doll wears traditional Islamic garb, a white removable five button robe over a four button white tunic with a mock collar, with off-white cloth pants and a pair of black mock velcro boots."

The doll comes with a "letter of authenticity" signed by Levine's son, and could sell for tens of thousands given that the majority of bids are expected on the final day of the auction.

CNN source

Yet another disgusting CIA operation...

edit on 10/11/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
a reply to: kloejen

This is intelligence? This is some burn after reading crap. Did the tax payers,pay for this ? Jeez

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:26 PM
Isn't this fun!

The CIA using tax Dollars to play with Dolls...

This is Definitely the most ridiculous use of tax Dollars I have ever seen. Or should I say Opium Dollars?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:31 PM

The face of the figure was painted with a material that actually dissolved from the heat generated by a child’s touch, the International Business Times reported. Once dissolved, bin Laden’s face would then emerge in fiery red-colored paint — suggesting his demonic roots, IBT said.

“Scarce and nearly unbelievable prototype of Osama Bin Laden doll intended for use in Arab countries in order to persuade children from idolizing the terror leader,” an auction blurb of the toy doll reads on, IBT reported. “This prototype was covertly designed for the CIA by Donald Levine in 2005 for an ‘influence operation,’ intended to strategically distribute a scary depiction of bin Laden to children, ideally to dissuade them from joining a terrorist group such as al Qaeda.”

Utterly creepy! Directly targeted at Afghan children, by US tax dollars ... wow!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:34 PM
a reply to: TechniXcality

lol Not only that but they shot him in secret and gave him a muslim burial at sea, so as not to offend any one
Offend any one? I`m offended that they never took him alive and put him in a court. So as to spill the beans on all the drugs for weapons and other dirty deals he made with the al CIA da gang who were paying him right up to 911.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:34 PM
a reply to: kloejen

That the CIA thought some doll would put kids off supporting him and his ilk shows us that at least some people in the CIA were completley out of touch with reality.
I mean who signs off on this crap-never mind the cost.

Saying that,if I had to own a piece of "war on terror" strangeness,it would be a copy of that awesome sit in protest sign featuring OBL and Bert from Sesame Street...Anyone remember that bizarreness?
I saw it on sky and bbc news at the time.

And snopes explain how it came to be:

edit on 10/11/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:56 PM
I'm going to have so many awesome GI Joe fights in the living room with this!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:58 PM
I've seen that before. Came with the old WWF Smackdown playset.

He was known as Kane.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
Osama and Osama doll both made by CIA, maybe thats what they want it to say..

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
They should make a G Dubya doll to go with this as a set.
Pull the string in his neck and he says things like:

"We're gonna smoke 'em out."

"Saddam Hussein is a homicidal dictator who is addicted to weapons of mass destruction."

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."

"Now,watch this drive."

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:37 PM
All is clear now... Osama was a Sith... hm...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
Darth Bin-Laden!?

How was this suppose to make children not like him?

Heres a doll to play with, BUT DONT LIKE IT!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
I bet the auction price on this goes way up. It is a rarity, and doll collectors are a determined bunch (my sister collects dolls, and I've been to a couple of the Doll Shows with her). Mix that in with its historical value, the pride of possession gene, and the 'conversation starter' that it would bring, there you go. Some rich conservative, or rich doll collector, will put this over 25 thousand American at least (probably much higher, but that's just my partly educated/uneducated guess).

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:49 PM
a reply to: Aleister

i much prefer jihadi joe

new topics

top topics