It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something entering or leaving the atmosphere today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I was walking the dog and around 10:25 am eastern, I looked up to an unobstructed sky - no clouds what so ever and no trees that would hamper my view - and saw what I thought was a jet leaving an "non-persistant contrail"
I didn't actually see the jet. This was occurring in the SSE of the sky so there was glare on the contrail. I just assumed there was a jet leaving what I saw, which was a short, but broad trail.

I thought to get a pic of it as I was going to ask why such a broad contrail was not persisting, but then another person passed with a dog and my guy started barking so I got distracted for a few seconds trying to quite him. I turned back to see the subject contrail and it along with what I thought would have been a jet leaving it, were gone completely from a blue sky. So could this have been a meteor or was there a landing or takeoff of some sort this morning? Anyone else see this today?

Sorry no pic, but doubt my phone would have captured it's essence anyway

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

So... long story short, it had a lot of similarities with a jet emitting a short-living contrail, except the jet was not visible?

I don't know, maybe it was a jet which was emitting a short-lived contrail and which was not illuminated enough to be visible? The contrail can be quite large relative to the jet, explaining why you only saw the trail...

Do I understand you wrong?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

So... long story short, it had a lot of similarities with a jet emitting a short-living contrail, except the jet was not visible?

I don't know, maybe it was a jet which was emitting a short-lived contrail and which was not illuminated enough to be visible? The contrail can be quite large relative to the jet, explaining why you only saw the trail...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No you got that correct. However I believe I would have been able to see any craft that was leaving the trail since it was in the SSE of my viewable sky with zero atmospheric interference. And based on the size or I should saw width of the trail, as it was relatively short compared to it's width, I should have been able to see a craft even if the conditions didn't allow for the trail to persist. The trail was very prominent. When I turned back to view it again, there was nothing there what so ever

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You mean the trail looked more like a rocket engine?

edit on 10-11-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You mean the trail looked more like a rocket engine?

I can't say it looked like anything but a broad, white trail that dissipated as it moved along. Then it was gone with no visible sign of what was leaving it.

I posted this in the grey area, or "gray area"
as I know I saw what I saw, but have no explanation for what it was and just in case it turns out to be something like our first confirmation of ET visiting
I have proof I saw it by my post here LOL
edit on 77740Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Living in the greater ATL area, with Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport here, I have seen similar many, many times. But the first time I ever saw it I was like - "WTF!?" It almost looks like a missile launch or something. But it's just the angle or direction of the plane creating an optical illusion. And it typically happens in the morning or evening hours, something about the sun reflecting the contrail or somesuch.
I dunno, but I have seen what you are describing,

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Living in the greater ATL area, with Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport here, I have seen similar many, many times. But the first time I ever saw it I was like - "WTF!?" It almost looks like a missile launch or something. But it's just the angle or direction of the plane creating an optical illusion. And it typically happens in the morning or evening hours, something about the sun reflecting the contrail or somesuch.
I dunno, but I have seen what you are describing,
I can appreciate that explanation as I live in NYC and the three major airports are obviously not far. However this was not in the direction of any and it was in the southern sky about 10 o'clock high from the horizon.

Well maybe it was an ICBM or an alien craft. I didn't hear a boom though

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

An E190 or 737 can leave big contrails, and you won't see them because of their size. I've seen a lot of contrails that you could only see the contrail itself and not the plane leaving it because of the distance from it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well, lots of fire balls lately...maybe you got lucky and caught a glimpse of one?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Many planes are painted white or other light color on the bottom, and can optically disappear into the background of the sky in certain conditions. I have seen what you describe MANY times. The persistence of the contrail is a matter of atmospheric conditions.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Well, lots of fire balls lately...maybe you got lucky and caught a glimpse of one?

I second this explanation above...

Lots of fireballs entering our atmosphere as of late. I live in Tennessee and have seen several within the last ten days.

I have no way of knowing what the OP saw, for sure... just guessing it may have indeed been a fireball.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is from New Jersey November 10th at 7:03 am EST, maybe there was another one today?
AMS

This fireball was visible in the daytime at 7:03am therefore there was no brightness and only a bright red ball of fire and smoke trail. It disappeared after approximately 2-3 minutes. I know nothing about them but I saw this and thought I should report it. I was as accurate as I could possibly guess all answers but my answers by no means see are exact.

edit on 11/10/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
This is from New Jersey November 10th at 7:03 am EST, maybe there was another one today?
AMS

This fireball was visible in the daytime at 7:03am therefore there was no brightness and only a bright red ball of fire and smoke trail. It disappeared after approximately 2-3 minutes. I know nothing about them but I saw this and thought I should report it. I was as accurate as I could possibly guess all answers but my answers by no means see are exact.
I didn't post the color of the trail. It was white such that a contrail would be or what I remember the shuttle looked like back in the 80s when it passed over NY
Yeah actually that's sort of what it looked like now that I think about it. It didn't persist and it did look like it was a really high elevation. There was no grey smoke or red fireball

top topics

join