It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Problem With Americans and Their Disrespect for Obama According to a Canadian

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
a reply to: seeker1963

Not so. Respect goes with the position. You should have respect for the person who is President of the United States. You might hate him but you should respect him. He is the leader of your country. To dis-respect your president is to dis-respect your country.

Not when the President is disrespecting the country

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: beezzer
Where was the respect for Sarah Palin?

Bunch of haters and hypocrites.

I don't believe Sarah Palin has been demonized even close to the extent that Obama has been.

In fact, hatred for Obama has become a core tenant in the Right's ideology. That cannot be said about Palin and the Left.

It absolutely can be said about the Left mocking Palin. They mocked her children, publicly, and mocked people with Down Syndrome.

The Right has not gone after Obama's children. They have been ridiculing him ever since he started to lie.

You don't see the difference.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I would love to ship obama up to Canada for yall to "enjoy" so much. The bottom line is you are from Canada and live in Canada, not the United States. Nelson Mandela was a communist, so are you saying that being a communist is ok with Americans? Let me tell you it is not at all accepted to all educated, logical Americans. Your view point is from afar. You have not felt the effects of the Obama Administration like American Citizens have. The absolute worst thing, in my opinion, that a political figure or figures can do to the citizens it represents is to give them misinformation and mislead them, i.e. lie to them, flat out to their faces. This is what Obama and his liberal buddies in government have been doing since they took office. It took six years for the American people to see this unfortunately, but enough is enough. The only thing obama was effective at was campaigning and reading from a script. He had no problem promising a lot of things to the american people. This, combined with, the overall sense of entitlement of this generation generated an enormous popularity for obama, which led him to be elected president. Also, the media eats out of obama's hand and are terrible at their job, which is reporting the news and asking tough questions. The bottom line is obama refuses to accept the fact that the u.s. needs to be a power, the #1 power, on the global scale. Instead, he readily apologzies to other world leaders for america's treatment of them. To really understand obama, is to acknowledge the fact that he regularly says one thing but will not act in the same manner. Does anyone agree with my viewpoint??

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Really? The citizens of the world look to him with great envy? I was under the impression the rest of the world kinda came to think of him as kind of a joke.

That has been what I observe over here in Europe. Obama is really liked and respected, where I am at least.

The people I talk to have no idea how much he's fallen out of public opinion lately in the US, and when I tell them, they can't understand that. But of course they usually aren't aware of everything that goes on within US politics.

But yeah, with Putin, he is seen as one of the two most powerful men in the entire world, and contrary to Putin, he is considered benign (a good guy). I hear often that compared to Obama, the french bumbling idiot of a President is a humiliation...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

If they think we are treating him badly they are welcome to take him.
Please do.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
As a Canadian, I must state that I don't share this view point... And neither do most Canadians. We have endured years of war and corporate corruption by our very own bootlicker in chief, Harper, with no love lost. A person earns their reputation: Obama and the other warmongers have lost theirs. The disrespect may sound personal but is a reflection of how he has abused the position and trust of the people. Change and hope, my ass!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jpierc01
The bottom line is obama refuses to accept the fact that the u.s. needs to be a power, the #1 power, on the global scale.

I love your sense of entitlement there!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I think Obama is right up there with Bush for failed presidencies. I expect the next idiot president to also bear the imbecilic mass-murderer torch, and the next one.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
while i do agree he has been put under an exceptional amount of scrutiny, (the birth certificate is an example, we all know had he been white, it would not even had been a thing at all) he has still been overall a disappointment, and personally i think it has to do with all the little, big lies he has told.
He took a stand on virtually nothing.
I can understand playing it safe in your first term, but now it's over, show some freakin character.
Sure he did obama care, but does that wash away all the things he promised to do and didn't?
he might be a great guy to hang out with, but has no backbone to speak of, and that's the first quality you want in a president.

Are you kidding me? If a white candidate was suspected of not being born here his opposition would have a field day with that.The scrutiny he should have got when he announced his candidacy was never given by the media and after his election he spent millions sealing his records.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I've been saying this. Disrespecting any president publicly should be a crime

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
and after his election he spent millions sealing his records.

Any proof for that silly claim?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Well, let's see if we type in "Sarah Palin liar" into Google we get about 680,000 results. Oooh, that's not good.

"Barack Obama liar" 6,600,000 million results or about 9.7 times as many results.

Hmm ... okay.

Let's try "Sarah Palin stupid" Wow ... 2,930,000 results! Stupid is a lot more common description of Sarah than liar ...

How about "Barack Obama stupid"? 13,800,000 results! or about 4.7 times as many.

Now, technically speaking of course, that's all merely circumstantial evidence.

But it does measure, at least in gross form, the relative differences in negative press the two individuals have received.

As to how the families of politicians are treated, shall we compare negative remarks about Bristol Palin's to, say, those directed to Michelle Obama?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

The only information known about Obama's past is the following:

Occidental college records - Sealed.
Columbia College records - Sealed.
Columbia Thesis paper - Sealed.
Harvard College records - Sealed.
Selective Service Registration - Sealed.
Illinois State Senate attendance report - Sealed.
Illinois State Senate records - Sealed.
Listed "Foreign Student Aide" as a college student - "Records are unavailable"
Nationality of passport used in 1981 - "These records cannot be located"

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

The only information known about Obama's past is the following:

Occidental college records - Sealed.
Columbia College records - Sealed.
Columbia Thesis paper - Sealed.
Harvard College records - Sealed.
Selective Service Registration - Sealed.

Funny how your similiar records are sealed the same way, as are every one who attended school, college and University - they are all sealed!

Illinois State Senate attendance report - Sealed.
Illinois State Senate records - Sealed.

Sealed the same way as every other record there....

Listed "Foreign Student Aide" as a college student - "Records are unavailable"

Oh dear, you fell for a old April fool's joke! www.factcheck.org...

Nationality of passport used in 1981 - "These records cannot be located"

He used his USA passport, of course! www.factcheck.org...

It looks like you fell for the birther lies and hoaxes!
edit on 11-11-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

Different people have different opinions.

Besides, it might be more pertinent or to the point to call out the public face of 'the secret powers' than it would be to preface every potshot with "I know he's a puppet". Especially when that person is the one seemingly enacting the change, or when an article is focused on said person.

That he's viewed as a puppet should be obvious enough if the person doing the criticising is a conspiracy theorist, I think you're being obtuse on this one. Obviously the president will serve as a lightning rod of criticism, and in a sense he deserves it since he is still a puppet enabler without a backbone, thus deserving of the criticism.

As for the article, ridiculous in the extreme, what a fool..

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
It will not heal until the Republicans learn that they have been even more divisive than and party or administration in history. They...

And you can't see how divisive YOUR post is?
The left is just as divisive as the right. This post is a good example of it.

(post by Gryphon66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Oh please Mr. Leaderpresidentdude . . . I can no longer afford to buy my snivelling entitled brat a $200 pair of Air Schmordens . . . fixitformefast Mr. Leaderpresidentdude . .. .

When yer done that Mr. Leaderpresidentdude . . . I can't no more get a new car every two years beescuz I can't get no more credit on accounta I can't cover the vig on my $450,000 house . . . fixitformefast Mr. Leaderpresidentdude . . .

And while yer at it, Mr. Leaderpresidentdude . . . I can't no more afford to put all that gas in my hemi-powered duellie six-mile-per-gallon pickup truck becuz its too spensive . . . . fixitformefast Mr. Leaderpresidentdudecommanderofallthingsfreedom . . .

WHAT?????

You can't

Well you dirtbag lazy piece of crap . . . you ain't gettin' my vote and I hate yer gutz and you weren't even born here and the internets tells me you just got elected to lie about everything because you can't fix my frickin' ATV so I can't go mud-runnin' like those duck caller guys get to on A and E . . . you piece of . . . I HATE you . . you don't deserve my r'spect . . . like I'm gonna hold back my r'spect for you, you good for nuthin' lazy waste of breathin' . . . and I'm gonna hate you until you fix all my problems . . . we do' need no health cares . . . we gots guns . . . forgits about the edjumication stuff . . . we don't need nun of that . . . and stop feedin' the frickin' homeless people . . . they're homeless cuz they're lazy just like you . . . so stop tryin' to make things good for everyone and fix my stuff . . . until then I'm gonna watch them kardasheeeeahns and the screaming housewifes of the planet platex and stuff . . . just wait until the next 'lection . . . weez gonna show you who can run this country better . . . yeah . . . yeah . . . like YEAH.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Just because someone is the head of a country doesn't mean they deserve respect!

Respect is something that is earned by actions not a title....

Or you could do it my way and give respect until someone proves they are not worthy of it.

Everybody jumps on the "respect needs to be earned" bandwagon, and all we end up with is everybody dis-respecting everybody else.

I thinks its time we started to say that dis-respect needs to earned?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

From day 1 when he made ZERO effort to withdraw from Iraq he was a total failure. It was only when he needed to start campaigning for his 2nd term AND Iraq "leadership"(puppets) gave him an ultimatum that he decided to withdraw from Iraq. You don't run on a platform of peace and transparency, then from day one start setting records for the amount of classified information while starting to plot and scheme how we can have more wars.

Oh and in Africa, Libya was doing great under Ghaddafi until he was murdered by Obama. So early on you have someone committing a crime worthy of the death penalty... murder. Sorry I don't respect murderers. In fact, I think Obama should join Bush in prison for the rest of his life so we don't have to worry about being murdered by them.

There is a difference between respect and prison respect. Since Obama wants prison respect (the kind you demand) he can find it in prison.
edit on 11-11-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join