It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Problem With Americans and Their Disrespect for Obama According to a Canadian

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

No it DOES NOT ,THAT office is NOT America WE are.
HE is just a high level employee we agreed to hire based on votes.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

US of A will bitch about their next president just like they do about Obama. Why this pattern is not recognised?
The reason being... you tell me.

Cheers)

edit on 10-11-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A big 'ya hey der' and thank you to Canada for setting everything straight. Now, please got off that moose, get your head out, and try to see what is really happening in DC. If you think Obama is a great leader...wow, all I can say is the beer up there must be really strong...

There has never been a more disgraceful embarrassment to this great nation than the modern democrats and Obama. Even the Clintstone's with all their depraved circus antics were better than this. And please, for God's sake, stop blaming Bush. Enough already. My God. How long will that lame excuse be the battle cry of the lackwit democrats?

If you really want to blame someone for the economic collapse during the Bush administration, why not look at Clinton? Obama made a career out of saying "...the economy I inherited..." What about the economy Bush inherited? You know...the one from Clinton. Clinton inherited the biggest budget surplus this nation ever had. By the end of his second term he was making drastic cuts in spending to stay positive until after he left office. Bush inherited an economy that was tanking faster than any other in the history of this nation. And lets not forget that democrats had control of congress, at times by super-majority, the last two years of Bush's administration. The democrats had the ability to pass any legislation they wanted to, with no fear of presidential veto, yet the economy still tanked. Hmmm, how did that happen? The simple truth is the democrats were in control by super-majority and accomplished NOTHING. There was no obstructionist party. There was nothing but incompetence. Not one piece of legislation passed that was not passed by democrats during those years. There was not one piece of legislation that failed that was not stopped by democrats. There is no one to blame but democrats. Period.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Obama is a puppet. Any more questions?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
May I ask, why do you think he was the worst president ever?

Carter was the most ineffectual president of modern times. The man frankly did nothing of substance and sat on his thumb while the nation crumbled around him. The Department of Energy is his claim to fame and, coincidentally, it has done nothing that it was formed to do (reduce American dependency on foreign oil and keep fuel prices manageable.) Carter gave away the Panama Canal. Carter gave the most defeatist speech in the history of American presidents. The "Crisis of Confidence" speech in which carter essentially whined about "Why is everybody always pickin' on me?" and failed to identify that he was the primary source of the confidence void Americans were feeling about the country.

The primary differences between Carter and Obama lie in their character as people and in their actions as president. Obama has been an active failure. His policies have hurt America, we'd honestly be better off if he had been a Jimmy Carter do-nothing president. Instead we've been saddled with a wann be world changer whose ideas of change do a lot more damage to America than good. Character-wise, Jimmy Carter is a great human being. He seems to be a warm hearted, kind man who had no business leading the country. Obama comes off as a sour jerk who also has no business leading the country.

For what it's worth, neither were "the worst president ever." but neither were good presidents, either. Had Obama experienced a partisan majority in both the house and senate for the past 6 years (instead of the already horriffic 2 years he had at the start), he'd almost certainly qualify as the worst ever. Thankfully, the House (and now the Senate and the House) have been able to run some degree of checks and balances on him the past 4 years, preventing further damage from being done to the nation.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
ALL of his educational transcrpts are SEALED legally(WHO does that?)

Funny that - why have you sealed your educational transcripts exactly the same way Obama has?
Why has every previous President, vice President, Senator and Congressman sealed their educational transcripts exactly the same way Obama has?
Why have your neighbours, your friends, the bloke who lives down the road, his neighbours etc. sealed their educational transcripts exactly the same way Obama has?

Care to answer this question?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Obama should be proud to "unseal" all his hidden school records.

Who wouldn't be?

Unless.....

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Who wouldn't be?

Well, where are yours? Funny how you do not unseal yours, but want Obama to unseal his!

Why did you seal yours exactly the same way Obama did in the first place?
edit on 10-11-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: xuenchen

Who wouldn't be?

Well, where are yours? Funny how you do not unseal yours, but want Obama to unseal his!

Why did you seal yours exactly the same way Obama did in the first place?

Well I'm not the President with many concealed little secrets !!!!!

He should be proud.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Carter supported the genocide of about 200000 people on island of Timor, near Indonesia. Lets cheer an exclusive good pres. We miss people like him.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

To give an opposing analysis equal time:

Carter worked hard to combat the continuing economic woes of inflation and unemployment. By the end of his administration, he could claim an increase of nearly eight million jobs and a decrease in the budget deficit, measured in percentage of the gross national product. Unfortunately, inflation and interest rates were at near record highs, and efforts to reduce them caused a short recession.

Carter could point to a number of achievements in domestic affairs. He dealt with the energy shortage by establishing a national energy policy and by decontrolling domestic petroleum prices to stimulate production. He prompted Government efficiency through civil service reform and proceeded with deregulation of the trucking and airline industries. He sought to improve the environment. His expansion of the national park system included protection of 103 million acres of Alaskan lands. To increase human and social services, he created the Department of Education, bolstered the Social Security system, and appointed record numbers of women, blacks, and Hispanics to Government jobs.

In foreign affairs, Carter set his own style. His championing of human rights was coldly received by the Soviet Union and some other nations. In the Middle East, through the Camp David agreement of 1978, he helped bring amity between Egypt and Israel. He succeeded in obtaining ratification of the Panama Canal treaties. Building upon the work of predecessors, he established full diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China and completed negotiation of the SALT II nuclear limitation treaty with the Soviet Union.

From whitehouse.gov "About the White House, Presidents - James Carter"

We could talk about alleged traitorous efforts of the Reagan-team (remember William Casey, future CIA director was Reagan' campaign manager) in back-door negotiations with the Iranians to thwart official efforts to gain the release of the hostages, but we won't. Suffice it to say that Oliver North (who may be remembered from the later Iran-Contra matter) is said to have been in touch with the Iranians even earlier, providing operational details of the "Desert One" rescue attempt (Operation Eagle Claw) ... but that would likely be off-topic here.

There are always more than two sides to the story.

edit on 19Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:14:00 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well you are right, we are going to have to agree to disagree on the divisive part.

Though I'd like to say that we are in agreement that Bush Jr was a worse President. He did more to disrupt American prosperity than Obama could ever hope for.

I'd give Obama a D+ as a President.

Though, it's hard to give a definitive grade for a sitting President. It's easier to look back and look at his Presidency as a whole and grade him then.

I think my biggest dissatisfaction with Obama is that I miss the 90's and the lack of fear around every corner. I was really hoping that Obama would wind down the War on Terrorism by pushing for the repeal of the Patriot Act, reducing NSA spying, closing Gitmo, and focusing on domestic problems like our crumbling infrastructure. Instead he expands all of those things and ignores our infrastructure.

9/11 really changed our country and until a President has the balls to bring us back to before that event happened (because frankly it really wasn't that significant of an event in the scheme of things) I don't think I will ever give a President a good grade.

He'd also have to address the fact that we have the largest prison population per capita of any country in the world. Then we'd have to address the War on Drugs. Obama had the PERFECT opportunity to do just that when that big immigration scare happened a few months back (all those Mexican children fleeing the cartels), but instead he wanted to focus on legalizing a bunch of law breakers. That is just putting a band aid on a gaping wound.

Obama isn't solely at fault for any of this. Most all modern politicians are guilty of this. Entrusting in institutionalized government legislation JUST because it's "always been that way" and refusing to try other things when it shows that what we are doing isn't working.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nixon created the EPA, yet most environmentally infatuated liberals despise the man and consider him a manifestation of Satan. Unless your point was that a president's limited achievements in office are often overshadowed by perceived failures, I'm not seeing why your post changes what I said about Carter.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Since your sole takeaway from the commonly-accepted information that I posted seizes on the one word "environmental" which allowed you to segue to Nixon (and more Americans than just "liberals" tend to view Mr. Nixon in quite a negative light) I have no illusions of nor interest in altering your biases, but, for the record, the one-sided view you presented of Mr. Carter's Presidency (although I realize that's holy cant among extremist Republicans) is now countered, at least, with a more neutral version of the facts.

(EDIT: Well, with the exception of my allusion to the criminal activities of the Reagan Campaign and their allies in the CIA at the time)
edit on 19Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:49:56 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Jesus christ this garbage has reached a new level of absurdity.

BO is a young Nelson Mandela? I don't think I've ever felt actual disgust like this with BO discussions, Nelson Mandela not only suffered greatly, he brought positive change to a nation. What suffering has BO gone through? What positive change has he brought this country?

If the rest of the world envies us for having BO as our president they really need to raise their standards. Is everyone in a race to the bottom or something?

Demand excellence and accept nothing less for people who control the fate of the world. Cherry picking a few possible positive accomplishments and ignoring the other 6 years of actions is NOT an appropriate way to judge a president. Ever.

People are _SO_ amazingly stupid I'm starting to just not feel bad for anyone anymore. My empathy is disappearing quick. You want to act like a dumb partisan buzzword obsessed baby then you deserve every last bit of suffering you get.

I hope America falls hard, because it will mean horrible suffering for many, and I'm really, honestly, starting to feel like they deserve it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: TiedDestructor

He's holding a freakin dog while trying to salute, ya goof.

He's holding the dog in his left arm. He's not holding anything in his right hand. It appears he began executing a correct salute, but his hand got tangled up. I'm guessing he shifted Barney from his right side to his left so he could render the salute, but Barney wasn't cooperating. Obama was holding something in his right hand, which makes it an incorrect salute. He wasn't holding anything in his left hand, so he really had no excuse for not shifting his Starbucks to his left hand and rendering a proper salute. Other than the fact that he's the President and he can salute however he pleases, of course.

As for the Canadian's article, it gets it wrong from the very first sentence. The last non-partisan President was probably Washington. The rest of it is the usual cult-of-personality stuff. The author actually derides Americans for defacing images of the President, as if they are religious icons! He also praises Obama's "vitality and youth," something I noted the last time I spoke to a foreign national. I believe that, due to their remoteness from American policy and the carefully-curated image broadcast by the media, foreigners who are not particularly interested in US policy judge the President like any other celebrity. Someone with "vitality and youth," and an "honest heart," (how would he know?), is a good guy, because those are the qualities that make a celebrity likeable. But if you have to live under his management for a few years, all that Tiger Beat (Hausfrau Edition) stuff doesn't matter so much, and you start to judge a president on his principles and/or his results.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000
One minute people say Obama and every president is controlled by a secret group, the next minute people blame everything on him. It can't be both. So I guess presidents are fall guys.

People who do that are morons. I can't stand people who constantly blame obama. He is a fall guy just like you say. Anyone who shouts all that anti-Obama rhetoric is just informing me that they don't understand what they're seeing is a ruse. 100% proof they don't get what's going on right before their eyes. Honestly, being deceived by 'them' is easy, they literally control what most people think.

The TV may not be an actual "mind control device" like in a sci-fi movie, but it does guide our thinking. The corporate media chooses what we see, what we see is what we think about and talk about to our friends and family. The important issues, whether actually important or not, are decided by them. How they slant these issues is also decided by them. We're just left to consume and later regurgitate it on someone else. Well, at least this is what i see the average person doing.

I tried to tell my dad for years corporate media, mainly his favorite fox news, is total mind controlling crap. Of course he thought i was nuts, says right there "fair and balanced" (heard that more than once, couldn't believe someone i considered intelligent my whole life was saying it). Then I started my American Gov. class this year and showed him a chapter in my book that is all about corporate media, and exactly what I've been saying for years is covered in full (mostly) in said book. I think i finally got through to him. I saw the look on his face, confused, almost like he felt duped or stupid that he couldnt see it before. It's an absolute shame this is how people get their information.

The worst thing on earth someone can be, in my opinion, is a deceiver. Unfortunately i see nothing but deceivers in our government and in our media. They've taken over, it's what they do, they trick people. Luckily, people are not usually fooled forever, and when they do find out they've been taken for a ride they are rarely happy about it.

This #'s gotten so ridiculous we've got people flipping out and feeling offended over an apparently not perfectly executed salute. Good lord, priorities people please. If he actually stood up and did something positive for this country (like, called out his handlers, ) I wouldnt care if he saluted the troops with his bare ass.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Wouldn't have to, people all have pictures of me from school, service,drunk in Korea, I am well known where I have gone.
AND of course I have honor so I don't qualify as a sludge who wants money and then to "stick it to the MAN".

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
1) as Americans it is in our blood to NOT accept what we are told as the King's word

We will express our hatred of all politicians because they are parasites at the end of the day, with no regard for the host survival

2) lack of leadership

When things go wrong its the Captains fault
REGARDLESS of the circumstances
Real men use a word called accountability

It does not help that he operates like a Chicago prince

3)As for not being given a fair shake

Its grown up world and the job he applied for did not include a fair shake as part of the perks of office
Multiple golfing trips while americans lost homes yes, but nt a fair shake

Another grown up fact
Your expected at this level of the game to be able to overcome DC politics

If the defense is the big bad political machine ate him alive
Your saying he is a joke and unable to do his job
otherwise well, he could handle the situation

A real leader can handle the congress's tude

4) as for the comment the Canadians would be more then willing to trade all their leaders for Obama

where do we sign..
Seriously put out the documents on the trade.

Can we throw in an equal swap
All our politicians for all of yours

Sight unseen I think we get the better end of the deal here. Ours would not survive in your social habitat, while I think the Canadians would accomplish a lot with exchanged positions

Where do we sign?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
First of all, when the President respects the US Constitution, maybe then, I will show some respect in return. But that is not going to happen when he bypasses Congress, negotiates with terrorists, hands them 5 Gitmo detainees for a traitor/collaborator and parades him around like he is a hero.

I also don't give two rat ##### what a Canadian thinks about any US official, or the amount of respect I should show.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join