It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Schooled by the Ancients

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: SLAYER69

Sagan is saying this is his work??????

odd...

I thought this was the work of another physicist... years ago I sat and watched a 4 hours lecture on this topic, but the lecturer wasn't Sagan, and the lecturer explained how he came up with all this..

I will look into it... now I wonder who stole whose work!

Since Sagan is dead perhaps you could explain what you mean?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Well... i'll have to figure it out first...I'd probably first have to remember the guys name. It was a long time ago, but it was a good lecture. I know he used Sagan as a source for somethings, so I would really have to see if I couldn't find that guy again, and compare what this OP is about with all that...

what I am wondering is did he steal someone elses ideas... or were his ideas really his own...

edit on 13-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Hanslune

Well... i'll have to figure it out first...I'd probably first have to remember the guys name. It was a long time ago, but it was a good lecture. I know he used Sagan as a source for somethings, so I would really have to see if I couldn't find that guy again, and compare what this OP is about with all that...

what I am wondering is did he steal someone elses ideas... or were his ideas really his own...

Sorry I see what you mean and your idea may have merit (that someone else came up with first) but I remember all of that debate only dimly and my google fu has failed me.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

The series did run from September 28, 1980 to December 21, 1980. This segment was from "The Edge of Forever" Aired November 30, 1980

34 years ago.

Also I don't recall Sagan stating 'He came up with it"

The Edge of Forever
Beginning with the origins of the universe in the Big Bang, Sagan describes the formation of different types of galaxies and anomalies such as galactic collisions and quasars. The episodes moves further into ideas about the structure of the Universe, such as different dimensions (in the imaginary Flatland and four-dimensional hypercubes), an infinite vs. a finite universe, and the idea of an oscillating Universe (similar to that in Hindu cosmology). The search into other ideas such as dark matter and the multiverse is shown, using tools such as the Very Large Array in New Mexico. Cosmos Update shows new information about the odd, irregular surfaces of galaxies and the Milky Way perhaps being a barred spiral galaxy.

edit on 13-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This stuff reminds me of Interstellar. It's pretty much similar right?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Loved Carl Sagan's Bit. That very episode is what taught me how to view from different perspectives.

The Hypercube is the tool he uses so we can extrapolate from our viewpoint. Since we are flat landers compared to the fourth dimension its difficult for us to perceive the actual hypercube cube with all sides expanding forever. At some point our minds go Tilt.

The diagram of the cube is acceptable to our minds because we can see the "meaning" without seeing the "cube" it self.

More "appropriately" we should imagine the sides of the cube expanding forever outward, but instead of a cube, substitute a sphere.

Now imagine the sphere expanding in all directions… a hypersphere. You can't draw it, don't try. The flat landers can't draw a cube or sphere either. We supplant the cube instead of the sphere so we can "realize' it. You might find you can imagine you're fourth dimensional being expanding to all reaches of the known Universe, though. If you will, Omni present, being everywhere at once.

Heres where I lose it, too (I am still in flat land). If you will though, there is (from our point of view) a perception we have of our "flatland" that we can 'see' with our own eyes. it emanates form every corner of the known Universe in all the known spectrum we can see and measure…

Light

Now up and down directions are changed to inward and outward. Now here and now become every where and every when. Sure because the further we look with telescopes the further back we see in time. Back then becomes now.

I better stop, I''m melting…

Input Euclidean geometry in your concept. It will make your brain bleed, but it will guide you to the path of the Truth.
If I were you, I'd consider the hyperdimensional cube as a rudimental path of some sort for matter in a definite space. But in reality, the goal toward which we should all aim at, no straight line is ever straight; it's always bent... as any road would be if you traveled from Mexico to Sydney by highway. A straight line is an illusion. The only straight line is Divine and it is named Bogey One.

Euclidean geometry

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapophis

Input Euclidean geometry in your concept. It will make your brain bleed, but it will guide you to the path of the Truth.
If I were you, I'd consider the hyperdimensional cube as a rudimental path of some sort for matter in a definite space. But in reality, the goal toward which we should all aim at, no straight line is ever straight; it's always bent... as any road would be if you traveled from Mexico to Sydney by highway. A straight line is an illusion. The only straight line is Divine and it is named Bogey One.

No disrespect but you need to think outside the cube. "Space" as defined in the 3rd dimension, doesn't exist for denizens of the fourth. How could it if the cube is everywhere at once? The hyper drawing is symbolic of that.

Besides a point, line and plane don't exist anywhere outside our heads.

The spirit is unfettered by human engineering.

Link for "Bogey One"?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join