It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple little pleaures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Last night, while getting ready for bed, I took my 5year old and asked if she wanted her hair in rollers. This is not something I usually do, we brush and pull into a ponytail most mornings. But she was excited! And she actually slept with the rollers in, not one out of place this morning.

I unrolled her hair, finger combed it and sent her to see her goldilocks mane.... She was eccstatic! So proud of her curls and excited to show her class mates. It made me beam.

Oh, to be a child again.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ahhh... The simple things and the simple times.

Who doesn't yearn for that?

We are always in such a hurry to grow up, if we only knew then what we know now.

Thanks for making me smile this morning. She'll be uber proud of her awesome hairdo all day. And being a mother myself... I know exactly the feeling you are talking about. It almost feels like your heart is literally swelling in your chest. To be able to do something so small and have it mean so much feels pretty darn good.

For a small moment in time, you are the bestest person in the entire universe!

edit on 11/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

The little ones could teach us grown ups so much!

If only we would pay attention......

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Enjoy these years. They go by so fast.
My girl is 12 and I refuse to believe she wears a bra.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

We are always in such a hurry to grow up, if we only knew then what we know now.

Ain't that the truth. My daughter is 14 going on 35 and can't wait to be an adult. She envies our super power of being able to "do what you want, any time you want". I keep telling her she better enjoy the free food, free housing, free clothes, free medical care, free taxi service and money from thin air, because she doesn't have to earn it.
I wish they would look at all the little things they have, that they'll have to work for later and appreciate it while they have it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We should all nurture the child within and appreciate the small things, laugh more with abandon, pick ourselves up when we fall down and let our light shine.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
and to some extent these things do stay with you in one way or another.
i'm close to 31 now, and i still get this happy feeling every time i manage to put juuuust the perfect amount of sugar in my coffee and milk in the morning, reminds me of how my mom got it right every time.
If we could be like that on a more regular basis, we would be way happier!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And... If I could learn to check the spelling in my own title!

This same little girl tells me all the time that she wants to stay little forever and be my baby

They do get big so fast, and it's so bitter sweet.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Read this - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That was so sweet to read! I'm in my 50s and my mother is long gone... Would you come and roll my hair?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yep... The only problem with that is they listen to that advice about as good as we did when we were their age. They're 10 foot tall, bullet proof, and know everything.

Some things never change.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That made me cry. Thank you for sharing that link.

I'm a young mother, my smallest is 3. But I still think often "they will never be this small again". I wish I could cataloge every moment. I have tons of pictures and videos, but often I opt to not whip my phone out, choosing to just the in the moment as it is, try to burn it into my memory. I

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I would! Though, I'm not too good at it. I just started experimenting with rollers for myself.... Am blown away, gives me long lasting curls, with no heat and no product! And all my rollers come cheap!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ah that made me smile

I used to love walking my son to school hand in hand kicking leaves in the Autumn, or climbing trees and digging sandcastles at our beach, but to be honest I've loved all the stages of watching him grow up.
He's a strong athletic rugby playing late teen now and I've loved watching him play every weekend for the last 11 years, but I get a real warm smile when he wolfs down a lovely protein rich evening meal I always have ready for when he gets home...'Thanks dad' are two words that always make me smile.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

what a great story.

i miss my boys being kids. They were both so much fun to raise.

top topics

join