It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must we believe we should kill all 'terrorists'?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I never proposed negotiating with terrorists. I purley stated should we 'kill' all terrorists or think this way. The current mood of the administration is to 'wipe them out'. Dialogue is one way of settling conflicts, but not in war. However killing all of your enemies until none exist is logically unsound. You will breed new enemies in the process.

When we begin to lose our values then we begin to lose. Rehabilitation of criminals is possible, although many of you see it as 'not worth it' financially. We have the money to do it - we should. Our enemies are 'terrorists' but that doesn't mean they are anything less than political criminals. We should deal with the problem more humanely, stop the cycles of violence, and put an end to terrorism the just and correct way.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Terrorist leadership should be exterminated without pause.

Minor players are less of a threat and are more useful turned then dead.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

you missed the question in my post: Why would you want to compromise with these people

because:

Unless you get at the cause of a problem, anything else is a bandaid treatment

because:

As someone else agreed, one party or the other must take the first step forward

because:

the "war on terror" is not solving the problem but perpetuating it

because:

the "war on terror" is costing more the longer it goes on. eventually the cost of it will outweigh the cost of comprimise/negotiation

because:

without comprimise, no solution will come, neither party will gain satisfaction and freedom from fear that such hostility/war/terrorism generates.

because:

the issue is not someone breaking into your house and shooting your wife.
terrorism is not a domestic issue.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
I never proposed negotiating with terrorists. I purley stated should we 'kill' all terrorists or think this way. The current mood of the administration is to 'wipe them out'. Dialogue is one way of settling conflicts, but not in war. However killing all of your enemies until none exist is logically unsound. You will breed new enemies in the process.

When we begin to lose our values then we begin to lose. Rehabilitation of criminals is possible, although many of you see it as 'not worth it' financially. We have the money to do it - we should. Our enemies are 'terrorists' but that doesn't mean they are anything less than political criminals. We should deal with the problem more humanely, stop the cycles of violence, and put an end to terrorism the just and correct way.

OK, I went back and re-read your origiinal post. In order to rehabiliate a terrorist, he must have committed an act of terror to begin with. So that is like closing the barn door after the horse got out.

Next - and I have no way, no figures to prove this - there will be a certain percentage of prisoners who will scam you and pretend to be rehabilitated in order to gain freedom. Then they will go back to their old ways. This number will increase as the word gets around on how to get out of prison quickly.

If the only penalty that the terrorist must face is rehabilitation, then your chances of changing anything are zero.

Finally, rehabilitating the terrorists will breed contempt for you from them. That is just the way nature is. We all know the stories of how the best looking girls are attracted to the guys that treat them like crap. They don't have any respect for the guy who is "too nice".

So I think that given all of the above, the answer to your question is obvious.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe that we should adopt that philosophy in our legal system.
All criminals should be taken out back and shot without trial besides everyone knows criminals never reform they just scam the system to get out of jail free!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Originally posted by Nygdanand as far as gitmo, those people are not covered under the geneva convention.

You covered all the other points fine but there is that last one...Why aren't they covered under the Geneva Convention...because the U.S. left it..[p/quote]
No, the US has not abandoned the Genva convention, and it doesn't apply to those guys because they aren't uniformed regular soldiers. They're heavily armed thugs in an anarchic country and weren't the military of the recognized government.

I was not insinuating that they have psychological problems I think it was inferred by the other poster I quoted who said even after Israel gives back all territories to the palestinians that their organizations would still fight, kill and maim.....I disagree....Only if they had Psychological Disorders would they do that,

Ah ok. I agree, if Israel was destroyed the Palestinians wouldn't fight israel anymore. But anyhting short of that and they are still going to fight.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This post is crap, what are you talking about? Have you ever and I mean EVER broken a law? Taligating? Breaking the speed limit...Your posts are sounding worse than mind and most people don't read mine because of whatever I don't know but boogyman you are becoming worse than a boogyman...

I understand we should have the right to free speech on this board and you hard yours and now I have mine. If this is your philosophy, will you change your mind the day you are a criminal? I think so. So I don't think you can stand your ground. You are sinking in a patch of quicksand but it's not quicksand it's just 'garbage talk' or 'fei hua' in Chinese if you will, but if you want the English translation it's plain and simple bulls#$t

Originally posted by boogyman
I believe that we should adopt that philosophy in our legal system.
All criminals should be taken out back and shot without trial besides everyone knows criminals never reform they just scam the system to get out of jail free!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join