It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Even if it is very old, that doesn't mean it is or isn't true. The
Early Church Fathers were always railing against some Heresy or
corrupted manuscript. The Gnostics had some early writings
also, I believe. People started trying to adapt the Christian
story to their own way of thinking.

As for all these early Gospels, some seem believable but others?
I'm waiting for the one that says Jesus was gay.

--TomS

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Adding my 2 cents to the pile of vague conjecture here all I can say is that no one should judge christianity by the actions of any christian because most people are somewhat crazy and It is truly an individual thing.

The evil that has been done to attack the truth in Jesus Christ just proves to me that there is a dark side hiding and attempting to destroy truth in all its forms.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

So what? Does it say in a Bible not to have children from a hooker. Besides, who else but Jesus would do such an act of compassion and true love?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Bull crap. Its funny how "all of a sudden" all of these lost doctrines are showing up all at the same time in what appears to be the most extreme of last days. The REAL bible warned us of even this?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

it's an interesting story and maybe later this week we'll hear more about their findings
maybe some more info about his brothers and sisters

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

So what? Does it say in a Bible not to have children from a hooker. Besides, who else but Jesus would do such an act of compassion and true love?

BS. It is not an act of compassion and love to have kids with a hooker just because she's a hooker. If that's the only reason Jesus would have kids with her, then he was doing it for all the wrong reasons, both for her and the kids.

Or in other words, having kids is not an act of compassion and love.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

It's a nice story, but needs more evidence to flesh it out. Though anything regarding Jesus needs more evidence. But keep in mind, if any of that is true, it basically calls Jesus' divinity into question. Being that he had to deceive the public at large in order to live out the end of his days elsewhere (and even appear to do a magic trick with his "resurrection").

Actually, a shroud wrapped around a body wouldn't leave an imprint such as the one on the Shroud of Turin. Burial shrouds weren't wrapped around bodies like the Shroud displays the imprint on it. So it is unlikely that it was even a burial shroud for even another party.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Again, NOT ONE of them mentions Jesus the Nazarene, or Jesus the son of Joseph. Anyone could, and did claim the title Christ. Even the Bible has your Jesus warning of that very thing.

Not one of the 5,700 manuscripts of various authors and scribes of the gospel mentions Thucydides or Herodotus. So what is your point? No these two men never mentioned Jesus the Nazarene. How could they? They were many years before Jesus as you well know. But to say that the historian Josephus did not mean Jesus ben Joseph or that John the baptist was not the same as in the scriptures is absurd. My point was that both Herodotus and Thucydides represented 95 manuscripts which are being taught in academia while well over 5,700 manuscripts of the Gospel are ignored by academia. Neither the 95 or the 5,700 manuscripts can be proven in purity. Why the discrepancy in academia? My contention is that education should be offered in honesty and let the educated then determine its purity. If a student wants to then believe that he or she will one day be a cow chip in a barnyard then that is their prerogative.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Not one of the 5,700 manuscripts of various authors and scribes of the gospel mentions Thucydides or Herodotus. So what is your point?

What's your point? You come into a thread about Jesus being married and attack/mock those who question his existence, in the first place.

There is no evidence, outside of the Bible of your Jesus of Nazareth. Speculating what someone probably really meant, 2000 years ago just, doesn't qualify as scholarship or proof.

The Bible IS NOT an historic document. Just because there are actual historic places and people woven into the story doesn't make it true. To take the Gospels as anything more than contemporary mythology is not realistic scholarship.

edit on 10-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What the Jesus actually said to the lady at the well was that you have had many husbands and the man you are with now (from the pharisees who wanted to stone her) is not your husband. (she was a prostitute to the law givers of the day).

Someone told me once that Jesus looked at the men and said let he who is without sin cast the first stone , looked at each of the men and then named their mistress , and one by one they dropped their rocks and went home.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Mary Magdalene and the Claim Jesus Was Married
www.gospelway.com...
Concerning Married Life
www.biblegateway.com...

I am thinking if Jesus had been married, why wouldn't they have said so?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

My understanding is that all of them knew that she was guilty of the offense and had earned the punishment, but the Pharisees, instead of doing what was righteous in the eyes of the law and carrying out the sentence, sought to make a travesty of her judgment by attempting to use it to trap Jesus into doing something they could use to condemn him.

Basically, they became lawyers with the law and tried to legalize instead of doing what was right.

He caught them at it and shamed them into leaving as not one of them was blameless of trying to trap Him. He then asked the woman if she was guilty as accused. She admitted that she was, and He admonished her to go and sin no more.

Your version works too.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Bull crap. Its funny how "all of a sudden" all of these lost doctrines are showing up all at the same time in what appears to be the most extreme of last days. The REAL bible warned us of even this?

What REAL Bible says this ??

Proven that the warning about changing the verses was ADDED, and further proof that it is not protected by GOD, because no such thing exists in the way this despicable mind control FIASCO illustrates.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What amazes me?

The same people who purport Jesus did not exist - have no problemo at all believing this crap.

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

What?? The woman at the well wasn't going to be stoned... Where did you get that?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You two are taking about two different things.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Bible reference to the siblings of Jesus is Mark 6:3 in the new testament

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
"Thought by some to be mary"... come on now......you guys don't even try anymore do you. Knowing that people will read anything and entertain the thoughts is wrong.... shame shame shame

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It was Hosea the prophet that married the prostitute
and had two children.

--TomS

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Um...probably like the most deceitful OP possible. I applaud you for posting more information on the source as it shows how bias the original source is. The manuscript dates from 570 AD which tells me that when the you quote,"Theologians have speculated about Jesus’ alleged romantic involvements with the famed prostitute for centuries, and the newly translated text might possibly be the first, real evidence of Jesus not only as Mary Magdalene’s husband, but also as father to two children" it completely false. Find one serious bible scholar who thinks Jesus had a wife lol. First, it really wouldn't matter if he had a wife as that's not a sin. Second, 570 AD....come on man...your going to trust that on Him having a wife...do you think the resurrection happened?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join