It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Again, if you want to make a thread analyzing, in full, the Josephus forgeries, I would be happy to explore the subject in depth. It's rude to this thread's OP and its participants to keep this off topic argument up.

I cited the "Early Christian Writer's" article on the subject, not because I agree with its findings, I don't and I loathe linking it at all. I linked it, for the sake of ending an argument, because as a "Christian authority", the article admits that the Josephus testimony is worthless, one way or the other because of the accusation of obvious forgeries.

Write the thread and I will open my brief case. This is not the place!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I view this discussion as on topic. You want to stop the conversation because you're wrong. It's not your fault. Well, yes it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's not on topic. The topic is: Jesus Christ Had Two Kids With A Prostitute, ‘Lost Gospel’ Claims

Not Josephus proves Jesus Christ existed or Josephus writings were were pious forgeries.

It's folks like yourself who want to alienate and derail alternative speculation and debate about the biblical Jesus.

edit on 12-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I've never said Josephus writing prove Jesus. I've said it is not a widely accepted accepted forgery as you incorrectly assert.

You're attempting to run from the argument now.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why is this breaking news?

This is not a new story and certainly not breaking news. The rubicon project must love threads like this.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I've more than made my point. Your argument is off topic. Start a thread if you want to continue this debate.

Many people believe that the mythical character of Jesus Christ is a composite figure of contemporary men of the same time period, thereabouts. There is no reason why those of us who don't believe in a historical single individual that became Jesus Christ, can't participate in speculation about a Jewish zealot who was also married with children.

It was Jewish law that all young men must marry and produce at least one off spring. All Jewish Rabbi were required to have completed this Mitzvah. If Jesus was a good Jew, he would have married and have at least one kid by the time he entered his ministry. That is, unless he was an Essene.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Same period is stretching it
There's solid proof the stories it "borrowed" from predate it by over 1k+ years

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I actually believe Jesus may have been married and if so he very well could have had children.

I believe he was a real person. There is a good possibility writers or his followers attempted to attribute older stories to this person or that they combined a few people into the one person. But historically I have seen enough evidence that a person named Jesus exists and that his followers thought he was the messiah.

I do not believe he was god.
edit on 12-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Oh I agree. I've been debating the Osiris, Horus, Isis link in another, very contentious thread also! I a rich and intricate subject!

Too bad so many Christians can't get past that myopic view of theirs!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I actually believe Jesus may have been married and if so he very well could have had children.

I believe he was a real person. There is a good possibility writers or his followers attempted to attribute older stories to this person or that they combined a few people into the one person. But historically I have seen enough evidence that a person named Jesus exists and that his followers thought he was the messiah.

Starred.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: raymundoko

Starred.

Funny how people essentially only believe that Jesus existed because of the Bible but then they want to write their own narrative. What narrative? Who cares, as long as there isn't anyone above them "daring" to judge them, lol...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would like to ask those who do not believe in Jesus as a substitute offering for sin/karmic debt. If there is no one that made an acceptable sacrifice for sin/karmic debt. Will we each be responsible for our own karmic debt ? If we are.... do we REALLY know what that debt entails ? I don't think we do...because if we did we would be begging for the story to be true.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
I would like to ask those who do not believe in Jesus as a substitute offering for sin/karmic debt. If there is no one that made an acceptable sacrifice for sin/karmic debt. Will we each be responsible for our own karmic debt ? If we are.... do we REALLY know what that debt entails ? I don't think we do...because if we did we would be begging for the story to be true.

I believe in god...and will assume my own karma. I'm not about doing bad sh!t and letting someone else take the blame...as Christianity and Catholicism like to do.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

When you run over an animal on the road ...who's fault is it ? What about the price for the flesh we eat...what is it ?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
To get back on track...I would like to say that IMO Jesus being in love with a prostitute would be the most likely scenario... For maximum development of relational energy. I can relate in part to his predicament. It calls for the justice side of righteousness to desire mercy and not judgement. It is the world's oldest love story and continues to this day.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

You speak the truth. If one believes in God they also need to believe in s savior. Without one we would have original sin which would seperate us from God no matter how perfect we think we are. It takes a god-like person to stand in the presence of God, because knowing his perfection will make us disgusted and ashamed with our imperfection. Not only that but our seperation from God is a physical one, which can be bridged by a resurrection which we are promised whether you believe or not. Christ died for us. Just like him we all will die. And just like him we will all come back. But we will not all be the same. Those who have been faithful as best they can and have made the best decisions will see the face of God. That is where a mediator, a saviour, comes into play. Sin is a debt we cant pay. True disciples do not run from their mistakes. They accept them as part of the plan and do better.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Mess'n with the written scriptures entitles the alterer to one free ticket to damnation. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I also just noticed this claims that Mary Magdalene was the wife (which is the most commonly accepted person as she is referred to as his companion), but Mary Magdalene was NOT a prostitute...

Source

Anyone with any knowledge would not claim Magdalene was a prostitute, which makes me further question the credibility of the authors.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't personally see this mattering at all even if it were 100% accurate as far as faith goes. So it would be saying Jesus forgave a prostitute, which is true and she became a follower and "sinned no more". So if he had children he would understand us a lot better and I think that would be great.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I've more than made my point. Your argument is off topic. Start a thread if you want to continue this debate.

Many people believe that the mythical character of Jesus Christ is a composite figure of contemporary men of the same time period, thereabouts. There is no reason why those of us who don't believe in a historical single individual that became Jesus Christ, can't participate in speculation about a Jewish zealot who was also married with children.

It was Jewish law that all young men must marry and produce at least one off spring. All Jewish Rabbi were required to have completed this Mitzvah. If Jesus was a good Jew, he would have married and have at least one kid by the time he entered his ministry. That is, unless he was an Essene.

NO! There was NO Jewish law that said young men HAD to marry. There is NO Jewish proscription in the law in the Torah, which is what Jesus was, a Torah teacher.

Jewish Marriages

They take their opinions only from the rabbis, but it is not law. The rabbi might say it is duty, but definitely no law saying they must.

Talumdic opinions

The first positive commandment of the Bible, according to rabbinic interpretation (Maimonides, "Minyan ha-Miẓwot," 212), is that concerning the propagation of the human species (Gen. i. 28). It is thus considered the duty of every Israelite to marry as early in life as possible.

Maimonedes lived in the Middle Ages, the opinions can only be taken as that....opinions. And mitzvahs can be performed in many ways besides marriage. Giving money to the poor is a mitzvah. Jesus could be free to marry whomever He would have chose to, but the belief was that it was bound by Elijah

The Rabbis, however, urge great care in the choice of a wife. He who marries a woman unworthy of him is bound by Elijah and chastised by God; and concerning him Elijah writes, over the signature of God, "Wo unto him who profanes his children and degrades his family" (Ḳid. 70a; Derek Ereẓ R. i.). According to R. Akiba, he who marries a wife that is unworthy of him transgresses five Biblical commandments (Ab. R. N. xxvi. 4)

Where do you get your information from, conspiracy theorists? Please, search Torah and when you show us the law, we will be more than pleased to look at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join