It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to know the truth ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

I was talking about the reacting from basic emotions in matters.

"Discredit" with us is just "diskrediet," it`s not so difficult Dutch, lots of similarities as just as with German.

Here are some basic ones :

- house-haus-huis

- milk-milch-melk

- bread-brot-brood

- water-wasser-water

I don`t think there`s an English word which is similar.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: rickymouse

Don't panic to much . I took an online test once where i scored very good . A few days later i took another with the kids fighting and arguing in the house . I dropped 20 plus points . Sometimes i think motivation and interest play a big part in these tests .

I guess you're right, I just got a little discouraged because I dropped down to the 99.5 percentile.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well, it`s both fooling yourself now isn`t it ?

And being aware of it does take awareness of things, and those should be in general more prone with people who are capable of it. IQ says something about the capability to understand things, and being able to do that should have an connection.

Agreed. However, to me, there seems to be a huge gap between

IQ says something about the capability to understand things,
and

being able to do that should have an connection.

One would expect a person of genius level IQ to be able to access and cross-reference enough information to be able to easily see the validity of seemingly opposing thought systems and then integrate them into a larger and hence more encompassing understanding of things in general (reality). Here again though, my experience with Mensans has not, in general, validated this assumption.

The self, which so many of us just take as a "given" as an observer, as a decision maker etc, may be understood, from current consciousness studies, not as solid, as contained, as previously thought. This "self" seeks to validate itself, to explain itself, as a free agent, as a willful expressor in the tumult of information which assails it at all times and from all angles.
For a "self" to admit that it is, to a very high degree, a product of, that information, can and in most cases is, daunting.
And for a "self" that has run and developed for a lifetime, with, and within a certain framework of information to consider other frameworks of information calls for a certain amount of dismantling of, that "self". And that self, so fledgling in the face of all the rest of this stuff in general(reality) seems to not like this idea at all. That is, I think this may be the case.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Either way, I'd rather be happy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join