It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destinyone needs help! Calling ALL Mac and Illustrator users! URGENT!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

Hi Druid, There are Apps at the Mac store that would make label creation a doddle as they have templates to select from and you just have to type in your own content.

One is called
Labellist - that provides templates for just about everything you could think of. That does cost $25 though
Another is called ArtText 2 and there is a free lite version.

This app doesn't say it's specifically for labels but the format looks as though it could do the job. These are vector programs and can also be saved as PDF. Just a thought if Des wanted to remain independent.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What a noble and gallant thread from everyone concerned

It's just a thought but perhaps Des could contact the local high school or community college in the future as there is time, and trade graphics and computer knowledge for products, or just pizza and soda pop? I'm sure there are plenty of talented kids in her locale that would love to provide new label designs, and on-line product descriptions, etc., as both real-world practice, and portfolio makers?

Something to consider?

Again, great big thumbs up to all who helped, especially Druid!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Thank you Signal. I contacted the local college and high schools down the mountain first. They had no clue what I was talking about, and the college told me they couldn't send anyone to even look at it for me as their liability insurance prohibits students from doing what I was calling about. the one high school teacher I did talk to, said he had no interest nor time to drive up the mountain for $100.00 to look at it for me. He said he was sure his experience would be of no help to me anyway.

The only 3 computer fix it guys the college referred me to, had zero MAC experience. Add to all the above. Ask Druid, I'm a wee bit on the very rural side as far as where I live.

The ONLY reason I can print labels now is because Druid out of the goodness of his heart, came here to help me. And the kind Souls in this thread, via phone calls and PM's working /helping Druid, made MAGIC happen.

Des

edit on 12-11-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Druid42
a reply to: vkey08

Hey, I could've used that info earlier, and I wanted to KISS. Others in PM had suggested VMing the whole thing, but in MHO that's overkill. All she needs, really, is a PDF to print, and that's all she needs. There's no reason to go the VM route when the end user is not technically skilled. However, booting 10.4, then switching to "classic" mode is a sort of VM, isn't it? I've watched it boot, and to me it is.

From all the valuable input this thread has created, a PDF for all her artwork is the way to go, and that's the standard for every OS. That way, if her Mac system crashes, she has her files backed up on a flash drive, and won't have to worry about one specific computer to print from, she could print from anywhere. The only thing I worry about is that her folder is 15.8 GB, so a 32 GB flash is more reasonable budget-wise for now, and under $20 USD.

32 GB flash drive on Amazon

Don't you agree that's plenty of room for what she has, and then a few more products?

Fire me off a PM or have Des do it.. I have an idea I don't want to post publicly..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join