It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destinyone needs help! Calling ALL Mac and Illustrator users! URGENT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

i know nothing about Mac.

But Illustrator is now a cloud piece of software. You don't buy it outright. I pay $20/mo for an Illustrator license from Adobe.

I would bet that you can purchase Illustrator for $20/mo and access your files.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Check your U2U - I sent you and Des messages...

peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thank you Druid, for this.

All of my suggestions were based on my Windows and Linux knowledge and didn't help. You feel so useless when you think something should be easy and you can see the frustration coming out of the person you are trying to help.

I too, will be watching to see when you get a solution. Tell her I'm still thinking too.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You might contact Sheepslayer247 and Adjensen. Both are Mac savvy. I am a Windows tech. Not so much Mac. But as has been suggested by BFFT and Kennyb72, either install Ai to the partition you're working on, or use the cloud version to get your labels printed. Then come back to the other issues at hand.

My condolences Des, and best of luck to both of you.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am useless, but love to you both, I have faith you will get it sorted and triumph. It is all better together. What a friend you are Druid. Des is blessed.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
As others have also said, I have no idea about how to accces her labels.

But, I'm just stunned...I had no idea about Des's husband...
And Druid is just the best friend ever for taking time to help in her hour of need.

Peace and love tou you both.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
As others have also said, I have no idea about how to accces her labels.

But, I'm just stunned...I had no idea about Des's husband...
And Druid is just the best friend ever for taking time to help in her hour of need.

Peace and love tou you both.

I had no idea about her husband either.

Hope she gets the help she needs with the labels.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Not to ask for too many details but what state are we talking about?

If she's unable it get it to work is she open for possible attempts at converting them to printable files? Attempts to have others print them for her?

One thing I always do when I'm having issues with files is BACK THEM UP before continuing on. Never know when it's too late after a conversion or something. Keep original copies somewhere separate.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As it has been suggested, copy the files to external disk, and take them to a printer. Most graphic designers use Mac OS and can do all kinds of magic with them.

I would also suggest that Des finds a local resource for her Mac questions as more will surely creep up.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
As it has been suggested, copy the files to external disk, and take them to a printer. Most graphic designers use Mac OS and can do all kinds of magic with them.

I would also suggest that Des finds a local resource for her Mac questions as more will surely creep up.

Des here. I live on the top of a very rural mountain. Not much in the way of tech savy people up here. I think a print shop may be a couple of hours away LOL I've even tried the local college down the mountain...no help there.

I thank everyone for all your input and help! Right now, Druid is on the phone with Aboveboard working on something.

He did back up EVERYTHING before touching anything.

Thank You all again...maybe this is the Universe telling me to go into a new line of work. It's the law I must have ingredients listed on the back of all my over 350 labels for all the products I make in the line of natural skin care.

My late hubby was kind of a control freak and MAC nerd...so many people are trying to figure out what he did....I've been trying for 8 weeks now to figure out how to print my labels off his computer. At least 4 people have come over and tried...it's a mess!

I'll keep you posted with progress reports.

Love and Hugs to all of you...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

well, i type insanely fast. I am hardly adept at Illustrator, but am solid in MS office. I can make labels, and can do mail merges. I might be able to help get you a new label set up and running using MS office if you would like.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
a reply to: Druid42

I just cried while reading you drove nearly 700 miles to assist this poster. Seriously.

If you two can't figure it out, I'd suggest driving to an Apple store and having an Apple Guru walk through it and TAKE NOTES. How horrible to lose a spouse and also be unable to continue your business...

I agree. First, AI8 is over 15 years old - ancient. Do what you can to print labels in the short term, but then upgrade to the latest version of CS and convert all those files (keep originals), and for God's sake buy an external drive and use Time Machine. That has saved my arze once already.

I have a mac with CS5.5 (not most recent, but far less ancient than what she is using). If you want, you can send me a file with an online file transfer site and I can see if I can open/convert it. U2U me.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Stick with what you know and do well....no need to find another line of work.
The universe is not telling you to get another way of life....its a bump in the road,nothing more.

Sorry to hear about your husband.
I am not a MAC guy so I have no help to offer.

We're here if you need us....but I am sure you already know that.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The Beauty of the internet is you don't have to be close to anything, just connected. If you can send me a copy of a few files, I will see what I can do with them. I'll U2U you my e-mail.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Agreed.

It's just the Universe giving her friends the opportunity to show her how much they care.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Check this thread and see if there's anything that helps. Link

Edit: Try calling Adobe if you haven't already

edit on 78652Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Check this out.

graphicdesign.stackexchange.com...

It's a way to use photoshop to open the AI8 files.

Might help.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Des sorry I cannot help my expertise is in WinTel....

Just wanted to stop by and say sorry very much for your loss.... These are hard times for you and hope you come out smiling in due course! Good Luck look forward to you posts.... Peace be with you!

@Druid thanks ever so much - you are one of many on this forum that are special... Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming to the rescue and making such an effort!!!!!

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Des, as soon as I'm back home I'll place an order of your great products. I don't care if you can't put labels, write labels with your hands if you want. I want my soaps so forget about giving up.

Will send you my order number.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Des....I hope this can get sorted out....and my condolences on your loss.

Blessings to all who have come forward to help!!!!!!!!

Good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join