It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore Function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm wondering if ATS has an ignore function where you can choose to ignore specific members and never see what they post. I know some forums have such a function and seem to recall (or want to recall) that ATS did have such a function.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There used to be an option to ignore specific members but that was done away with.

There are people everyone would like to ignore online and real life, but in real life we generally have to tolerate them. It's the same thing here...

You just have to learn how to mentally ignore them or become more tolerant.

Sometimes the former is the absolute better choice than the latter and sometimes we can even learn from a few of those that we would like to ignore.

edit on 11/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I know. There are a couple that are just so good at being (fill in the blank) that I just want to not read their drivel or see it. A couple seem to (perception I know) follow me around to disrail any threads I am serious about.

Part of my reason for being on ATS is in fact to not get caught up in this stuff and get angry at 'words' - practise more.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I understand that perfectly.

If you ever think you have a deliberate troll and someone derailing threads... Don't hesitate to hit the alert button. I know you've heard that before and a lot of people don't want to appear to be a rat, but we can't possibly see or read everything and if you alert something that needs to be looked at, you are helping to stop the spread of trollery and members who blatantly disregard the T&C's.

It's hard not to get angry when it feels like it's becoming personal (members just following you around to cause issues).

When you see something that shouldn't be going on, let us know.

edit on 11/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: FyreByrd

I understand that perfectly.

If you ever think you have a deliberate troll and someone derailing threads... Don't hesitate to hit the alert button. I know you've heard that before and a lot of people don't want to appear to be a rat, but we can't possibly see or read everything and if you alert something that needs to be looked at, you are helping to stop the spread of trollery and members who blatantly disregard the T&C's.

It's hard not to get angry when it feels like it's becoming personal (members just following you around to cause issues).

When you see something that shouldn't be going on, let us know.

Thanks for the time. The problem is the obvious trolls are easy to spot and ignore; it's the 'clever' (and I use that word with distain) that don't breach the letter of the rules so much as, I assume, the intent.

How do you keep a thread 'on-topic'? Some really interesting stuff comes up in the tangents sometimes. Practise again I guess.

Again thanks for the time.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The site promotes denying ignorance, an ignore button just does not seem appropriate.

I know, I would be the first on everyone's list.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The site promotes denying ignorance, an ignore button just does not seem appropriate.

I know, I would be the first on everyone's list.

I don`t think so.

In my experience with ignore buttons you don`t want to ignore that many people, even if you don`t agree with others you still want to read what they have to say. So most will ignore only a few and those are the ones which are ignored by almost everyone because you don`t learn anything from them, and people realize it`s just a waste of time to read their posts.
edit on 10 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Looking forward to this nonsense being deleted. If you can't deal with some criticism or use the search function just leave.

Remember less whiny members, hit ALERT.

If someone is being a big meanie hit ALERT. If someone posts a repeat thread, hit ALERT. HINT HINT.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Asked and answered.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join