It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Unions Dump $80 million Into 2014 Midterms: Result is an F+

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hehe for someone who claims to understand the system and be above partisan politics, you sure spend a lot time bashing Democrats

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Hehe for someone who claims to understand the system and be above partisan politics, you sure spend a lot time bashing Democrats

I actually agree with you on this point. This OP is pushing an agenda on a few things. But for the most part I agree with the agenda being pushed.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

Many poorer SE Asian countries outperform us academically because their cultures favor intellectualism.

Isn't it true that in many cultures it's a dishonor to the family as well if one doesn't do good in school?
They place high value in education, seems it's their number one priority

And I like the way you stated it's a Cultural problem as a whole-- not a left/right problem, which so many are quick to jump on

edit on 10-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

a reply to: snarky412

Which generation is the "I don't accept responsibility" generation?

It's the same as the 'Entitlement' generation

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Which one is that? It seems to me every generation alive right now falls into that category.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Which generation is the "I don't accept responsibility" generation?

Millennials.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Weird. My entire livelihood is based on the parents of millenials being too stupid and lazy to help their kids with schoolwork and failing at incentivizing their children to do it themselves.

Also it's amusing that you made a whole thread about how it's unfair that young people dislike old people and here you go bashing them. Way to really be the better man.

So you think every problem in America comes from kids who have almost no impact on society?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

My entire livelihood is based on the parents of millenials being too stupid and lazy to help their kids with schoolwork and failing at incentivizing their children to do it themselves.

No. I only said Millenials don't accept personal responsibility and then you went and proved my point by blaming their parents with your above statement.
edit on 2014/11/10 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Ummmmm where do you think people learn responsibility? Do you think it's genetic?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Which one is that? It seems to me every generation alive right now falls into that category.

Then so be it...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Ummmmm where do you think people learn responsibility? Do you think it's genetic?

Personal responsibility is a thing of the past and it is because of progressive ideals. Generation X was the last generation to escape the agenda. Since then progressive ideals have taken root in schools and households around the country. Europe is in even worse shape and has a 10 year or more head start.

No child left behind is a direct result of this and so it affirmative action. Instead of helping people it enslaves them with self imposed chains of apathy.

edit on 10-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

People/kids are supposed to learn responsibility from their Parents first

That is why I put most of the blame on them, because most parents have seemed to have lost their way when it comes to discipline and guidance i.e. letting their kids run around a restaurant, standing in the chairs, instead of telling them to SIT DOWN & BE QUIET

Remember the days when the motto was "Kids were to be seen, not heard"
Not any more unfortunately....
Also the parents are the ones that buy the tech crap for the kids to play with instead of thinking on their own on how to spell/ add....not to mention physical activity outside, not being cooped up in the locked room on FB/Twitter

Second is teachers, they too are responsible

But for a good stable society, it takes ALL peers to help guide and teach the young ones

And when they themselves loose that initiative, well there goes the neighborhood

edit on 10-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So what you are saying is it's a collective problem of our culture. That's very intelligent of you.

Now who designed our modern culture?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

So what you are saying is it's a collective problem of our culture. That's very intelligent of you.

Now who designed our modern culture?

Yes...

What difference does it make who 'designed our modern culture'?

What matters is what is going to be done to salvage what is being lost?
And that has to start at HOME.....Mom & Dad's need to up their game on their kids and help them better themselves for the future of our country

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't millenials.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I agree. But many others would rather talk about personal responsibly and immediately after blame liberals or children.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Actually, Joe the plumber is divorced... and was never actually a plumber but rather a plumber's assistant. Also, he lied in the infamous question as he had absolutely no means for purchasing the company he worked for. Toledo Blade (2008):

Mr. Wurzelbacher said he works under Al Newell s license, but according to Ohio building regulations, he must maintain his own license to do plumbing work.

He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means he's not a plumber.

Mr. Wurzelbacher said he was hired by Mr. Newell six years ago and that the possibility of him eventually buying the company was discussed during his job interview.

I guess Joe the Habitual Liar / Plumber's Assistant didn't have quite the same ring.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I agree. But many others would rather talk about personal responsibly and immediately after blame liberals or children.

But it IS personal responsibility
Personal responsibility on part of the parents/teachers as well as the kids

One must accept their failure instead of blaming others for it
"I didn't do it, wasn't me"....that's BS

The breakdown of social structure has nothing to do with political affiliation
It's a HUMAN BEING failure, all the way around!!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

"Personal responsibility on part of the parents/teachers as well as the kids"

Sorry but I think asking children to be equally responsible as adults is pretty ridiculous.

"The breakdown of social structure has nothing to do with political affiliation "

Why are you telling me? I'm not the one who made it political.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What irks me the most, our tax money is funding this.the union shouldn't be able to spend a dime to any political party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join