It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerology Behind 666

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This post is inspired by a post created by Talltexxxan found Here.

So, 666 in Greek was originally written as Chi-Xi-Stigma which can be transliterated into Hebrew to be Mem-Samech-Vav.

Samech

Mem

Vav

Also interestingly, Chi-Xi-Stigma has two S's in it (Samech and Stigma), so the author of another page I was reading suggested that it could be interpreted as SSS (Sigma, Sigma, Sigma) which was a common symbol the Greeks used to identify the cult of Isis. If anyone out there is unfamiliar with the myth of Isis, Osiris and Horus, I'd suggest reading up on it. That might clarify for you much of what is echoing down the ages with these religious belief systems.

I won't feed you my interpretation of what the author was suggesting when they wrote the Apocalypse of John, but if my interpretation is right, it shows a great deal of prescience on the part of the author of that book, and it tells me that the antichrist will probably be a very popular leader if he ever actually does come.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash
I think the answer is simpler.
7 is the number which represents God, all the way through the Bible.
6 falls short of that, and is also the number of the day in Genesis when the human race was created.
So 666 stands for worshipping something human instead of God. "The number of a man", as the text says.
The advantage of this interpretation is that it would have made sense to the people of the time.
Revelation was never meant to be an incomprehensible code. It was meant to be understood. So anyone who interprets it through elaborate codes is going about it the wrong way.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Below illustrates my basic approach to any spiritual writing, not just Jewish ones, but even the Quran or the Bhagavad Gita can be attacked via these methodologies. Someday, I'd actually like to sit down with Alice and Wonderland, The Man Who Would Be King, The Wizard of Oz, and the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and tear them apart using these methods just to prove that it will work to some degree.

Apples of Gold

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As far as Revelation is concerned, the only methodology which you need is familiarity with the Old Testament (which the Christians of John's time had, of course).
For most of the images and phrases, a comparison with their OT equivalents will tell you what they mean.

Also remember that the function of Revelation is not to provide a detailed history of the future.
It is to build up the confidence of the church and keep them going in time of persecution.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I found this definition of 666 to make more sense as it being a mark that John drew because the Arabic language had not been created then but he John seen the mark and copied it down . I tried to embed but no luck link www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-11-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yeah, there are those who assert the Greek letters appear to be the name of Allah written out. That could be. It certainly is an interesting topic. Just studying all of the variations of those three Hebrew letters alone along with the numerology of Messiah is very interesting to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here we go…

Back in the day it was harder to write a mans name out, scribes were in short supply. People took to adding up the number of letters of the names of people and scratching that on things. So instead of a name scratched on a wall you got the "number of his name" or the "number of a man". Usually this was reserved for well known individuals like politicians and celebrities.

For instance,

Gaius Julius Cesaer would be represented by Roman Numerals, 5, 6 and 6. Meaning the total of the letters for each part of his name. Its a lot easier than scratching out his whole name.

If we are supposed to find the number of a mans name and that number is the number of the "anti Christ" as foretold in Revelations, then that number 666 points to only one guy I know. Of course, I am sure this is considered a lark by many, just thought I would vet it as an idea I have had.

Link

Ronald Wilson Reagan

We now return you to your previously scheduled programming…

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

How to you prioritize eschatology? It seems often that Daniel and Ezekiel are describing slightly different events than John is, or is it just me? Also, I notice a lot of the events the Jews interpret to be end-time prophecies, the Christians will claim have already been fulfilled. Why do you think it is that there can be such a disconnection between their two approaches?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
First, none of them are setting out to give a detailed history of future events.
So the references they make about the future are not necessarily covering the same ground.
Where they do overlap, the use of metaphor and symbolism may mean that they are describing the same thing in different ways.

One example.
Daniel describes a regime which is dominant for "a week of years". It effectively declares war on God in the middle of that period, and tribulation follows. Which implies that the first part of the period is without tribulation.
Revelation describes a regime which is dominant for "one hour". The first part of that period is peaceful ("There was silence in heaven for half an hour"- ch8 v1). There follws a time of tribulation which takes up most of the rest of the book.
So they both agree in describing a period which has peace in the first half and "war" between God and the regime in the second half.
It is probably a mistake to try to pin prophetic history down to more detail, because that's not the function of either book.

Ezekiel is really saying just two things about the end-times.
1) God' enemies will attack God's people and get beaten back. That's the message of most of Revelation.
2) In the end, God's people will be able to live peaceably with their God. That's the last two chapters of Revelation.

edit on 10-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Interesting thread, and the history (and interpretations) are interesting.

But in a purely Numerology sense, each number has a certain power,that can be positive or negative depending on how it is used:

"6" means home and hearth, charities, caring, nurturing, and preparing for birth/arrival. (And the "6" does look a bit like a pregnant female.)

But three "6s" added together are "18" which add down to "9" (which looks a bit like the God Head, the desired ultimate conclusion of raising stable and moral people thru positive "6" environments). "9" is thus the highest God/Spiritual Energy available to individuals, since the highest God/Spiritual number is "12" (as in Apostles, Knights of the Round Table, etc.)

In addition, the number "3" represents Creation/Creativity. Thus three "6"s that add to "9" HOLD THE POTENTIAL of "Godly Creation" - which can manifest as everything from positive life-saving discoveries or intervention-before-disaster, to negative total destruction to "reset" the human race and start over.

This explains how God has no ultimate-plan (or fate) for mankind. Our future - good or bad - is always in our hands, as expressed thru our free will. But "9" individuals can only sound the clarion call. It takes a group of strong, motivated and moral people (using the "12" energy) to manifest real change - and divert disaster.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

it tells me that the antichrist will probably be a very popular leader

Guess that leaves obama out.....

I have watched people name the 'anti-Christ' for decades.....and was pretty sure at one point that the above

mentioned should not be overlooked.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

"I have watched people name the 'anti-Christ' for decades.....and was pretty sure at one point that (Obama) should not be overlooked."

Unless you understand that the real Barack Obama was assassinated in July 2012, and the closest-resembling body double put in his place. That would make the real anti-Christ as the women in the White House who hid Barack's death, and continue to run the White House and country.

As far as actual "names," Nostradomus said the anti-Christ would be named "Mabus" - which is the last name of the current Sec. of the Navy.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am more concerned with an unbaptized 7th son than any one wielding power from a 6 or even a gaggle of 6's

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Temple mount in Jerusalem lies at 31° 46′ 40.7″ N, 35° 14′ 8.9″ E.
Sum them together and get..
31° 46′
35° 14′
66 60

Christ and Israel are the beasts.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

. . . it tells me that the antichrist will probably be a very popular leader if he ever actually does come.
Nero was very popular with the people of the Roman Empire (if not with the Romans themselves).
He was not popular with the Jews, of course, though.
You can get 666 from the letters of Nero's name, by taking their numeric value and adding them up.
This could have been the writer of Revelation showing that "the Beast" that he was talking about was the Roman Empire, using the name to indicate that to the reader (in a not too obvious way) of the current emperor at the time of the writing of the visions of Revelation.
edit on 14-11-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join