It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop slaps man for requesting a search warrant to search car

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There was an update to this where he stated

'You saw the video. It doesn't look good,' Glans told the Times Union. 'I'm all about doing the right thing. I had to go to that point because of the factors that came into play. There was a gun that was involved (that) I spotted in the vehicle.'
He acknowledged that he did not know the incident was being videotaped.
'I was concerned. It was a public safety issue,' the sergeant said. 'If I had to do it all over again ... I'd probably do the same thing. If I knew the camera was there, no, because it does look bad.'

Hes a complete dirt bag, hes straight up says that he would do it again, well unless of course he was being video taped.....

You NEVER go to the extent of assaulting and threatening civilians just to get your way......if he saw that and needed to get a warrant, he should have asked and when they refused, proceed to get the warrant.....

There is absolutely NO excuse for what he did......

This guy needs to be charged to the fullest extent.........
edit on 11/10/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty disgusted right now. The Sh# bag got tipped off he was being charged and managed to resign 3 hours before charges were filed. On one hand I'm ecstatic that he's off the job on the other I'm absolutely livid that my already exorbitant property taxes are going in part I find his retirement. He's got 27 years on the job and will collect a nice pension. I hope this kid is smart enough to take Terry Kindlon's offer and file a civil rights lawsuit against the now former deputy. I'm curious what his personal liability vs. the departments liability will be because I really do t want to foot the bill for another one of Glan's screw ups.

m.wgy.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly, if he was that concerned it should have been easy to get a warrant. On top of that, if the rifle was visible in the car he would have had probable cause to search it without a warrant as far as I know. Shoot I had a cop search my car because there was a marker on the back floor and he claimed it was a weapon, he did that without a warrant claiming probable cause so I don't see how spotting an actual rifle would be any different.

I am not buying his tail even now.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I completely agree with you on the charges. Unfortunately, and I only know this because I was on the receiving end of a similarly dispositioned officer in a different jurisdiction , but I digress... Basically what I was told by my attorney at the time is that despite making physical contact, if the officer didn't leave any marks and you don't require immediate medical attention then proving assault is impossible and even with the video, the slap is just off camera so the language alone is enough to merit a harassment charge. There are also different degrees of harassment and I'm not sure what level of charges the opted to file. As I just posted above, an option that should have occurred to me but didn't was the possibility of the deputy resigning and therefore keeping his retirement package intact having been with the dept. For 27 years so sure the taxpayers around here are going to be thrilled to be paying his salary indefinitely despite sheriff Zurlos best intentions. I keep hoping there is some way to take the benefits and retirement away from him but I have my doubts as the police union is pretty powerful and will litigate indefinitely to maintain the jackboot thug in the lifestyle he's become accustomed to.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 10-11-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: homeskillet

you might say...

...that officer is a real dickhead...

i just had to...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Press release from Saratoga County Sheriffs office regarding the arrest and resignation of Sgt. Glans.

locker.ifttt.com...
edit on 10-11-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
I'm pretty disgusted right now. The Sh# bag got tipped off he was being charged and managed to resign 3 hours before charges were filed. On one hand I'm ecstatic that he's off the job on the other I'm absolutely livid that my already exorbitant property taxes are going in part I find his retirement. He's got 27 years on the job and will collect a nice pension. I hope this kid is smart enough to take Terry Kindlon's offer and file a civil rights lawsuit against the now former deputy. I'm curious what his personal liability vs. the departments liability will be because I really do t want to foot the bill for another one of Glan's screw ups.

m.wgy.com...

Since he's no longer a cop, someone needs to find him and slap him around. He has no protection now.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

You do that then we're all hypocrites and no better than the filth was with a badge on his chest.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

WOW. Man, I swear, cops are just going nuts. It's like watching footage from Cold War Russia.

Cops threatening physical force and slapping people. I mean, WHY is this happening so much and why aren't stories like this plastered all over media and these guys made famous? Do we just accept that this happens now?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Can he be rehired in other states?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'll believe this was not just a face-saving stunt for the media when I see Zurlo identify, suspend, investigate and charge the guy's partner that night for everything he's now forced to do to Glans.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I think this has been prevalent for a long time. People just didn't have a way to record it before.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Sure. He could just mosey over to the NYPD - they'd love him.

This is why the certification process for cops ought to be Federal, and not associated with cops, and the certification board should be incentivized to pull the certs of cops such as this. It ought to be automatic in this case.

Not only should Glans be decertified, his buddy on scene ought to get his as well. If you knew that your career was over in a blink if you go along with this sort of thing, or fail to report it, you'd be a lot more likely to rein in your buddies.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There are special task forces that work to arrest and convict these corrupt officers. However, the problem facing government is that when these officers or agents are arrested for corruption, or otherwise illegal behavior, if it is done in public they get overwhelmed with criminal attorneys who get numerous criminals legitimately serving sentences for serious crimes, often violent, out of prison. So, often it is done in a quiet manner that doesn't alert the public if possible. I have seen cold blooded murder and assassinations in my time and it makes most of the public reports look ridiculous. One reason I got out of the organization I was in was because instead of arresting these people, they would take them out of the country on a counterfeiting operation and they never returned. They had all kinds of accidents. This kept the public reports of corruption and criminal violations out of the press. It also kept murderers, terrorists, rapists, etc. and the like where they belonged.

I only say this to let people know that there are task forces working against this type of stuff. But, it is mainly a lot more serious than what we see on ATS and the media most often. The people that commit the most serious acts are not stupid enough to end up on camera. I could tell you events that would really blow your trust and outlook toward law enforcement totally. It changed my life and outlook completely. And if you think they are bad, you should see the agencies that are truly above the law. They don't care about any law, just making sure they don't get caught at it. They have security teams that will shoot you through your wall while sleeping in bed at night and then rescue your wife and children because you were a threat, when all you did was see the wrong thing. You don't get these types through recordings on cell phones, or other clandestine devices. That is why you don't see or hear about these investigations or people.

Trust me, it is better that it is handled the way it is. The problem is that with federal training and militarization of police forces, they tend to pick up on some of the "don't care attitude" of the training forces and it seeps back into the streets through some officers. Family wanted me to write a book or two on my experiences, but there is no way I would put them in danger by doing so. It is enough for me to know that many of these people are serving multiple life terms plus a few hundred years. Or, they are doing dark time. If you ever heard the term, "Life and a Dark Day", that is when you do natural life and the dark day is the 24 hours in the morgue before your released for burial. You can imagine what it would be like if the general public found out people were being assassinated and set up to look like a drug deal gone bad so that local homicide won't investigate too hard due to the large number of unknowns and implied dark world contacts associated with drug deals.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Emerys

You do that then we're all hypocrites and no better than the filth was with a badge on his chest.

are you going to use this line when the majority of Americans finaly manage to drag their catatonic asses out of the delirium and try to take back what has been stolen from them, because it's going to get pretty ugly.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: homeskillet
His last name seems pretty appropriate. Look up the word "glans" if you don't know.

Knob head...classic.

As was said earlier...if these two calm, reasonable young men had started to get understandably pissed off and agitated by this cop and his very bad attitude, he would have probably murdered one or both of them.

Seems like he was drunk to me...shame they didn't insist he was breath or blood tested for alcohol or drugs.

I would most certainly have pressed assault charges against that terrible excuse for a cop if he had done that to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1>>> I said many or even most departments need to have shortened careers for their officers if they're in high stress high crime areas. Taking down a combative thief or drug dealer and putting a few lumps on his noggin is fine, but if you get a smart mouthed but harmless kid or a crotchety senior citizen who wants to argue and disrespect you and you use the same level of force and go ape # on them, then you're no longer serving the community, you're harming it. If the guy was under stress then he needs to go on part time for a while. Or retire.
The guys in the video may have been innocent or guilty of being smartasses but if the cop can't follow the law and be professional, then he has to go.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

The guy has been arrested. He's resigned his job and was let go from his second job working for the south glens falls PD ad isn't hireable by and law enforcement agency in the area and at his age and with the national media attention I don't see any other departments thinking to themselves what a fine candidate he is as a new addition. Am I going to "use a line" no, because my honest opinion isn't just a line, its the truth. If it doesn't square with your sensibilities then so be it.

Seeking him out and acting like a 12 year old vigilante isn't going to change any of that and it simply lowers you to their level and makes you a massive hypocrite to whine and bitch about how he violated the law and his authority.in fact, seeking him out in that fashion kind of makes it worse. If you think it makes you a tough guy to dispense with be vengeance in such a fashion, PM me for his local address and go to work. Actually, scratch that last line, the guys wife is punished every day being married to a moron she doesn't need to get caught in the crossfire of a dick measuring match. Still, the info is available with a little research. Put in the work and I'm sure you can show all Shawnie Glans a good time.

I'm not terribly concerned with the rest of America waking their, as you put it, 'catatonic asses from delirium', anytime soon. Have you met an American the last decade and a half? Nobody needs to put their money where their mouth is. We have this cool thing called the interwebs where everyone gets to preen, prance and puff their chests from behind the cusion of a 30 pound muffin top and the safety of their keyboards. Action isn't so much in the repertoire of probably 90% of us and I think I'm being generous with that percentage. The biggest outrage I saw locally was an Internet petition to file charges and fire him from the department. No protests, no angry outrage, nothing at all that required physical interaction with other humans. Its par for the course these days. Until that changes I wouldn't sit there making assumptions about strangers on the Internet in regards to potential action entirely based on hypotheticals.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Seems like he was drunk to me...shame they didn't insist he was breath or blood tested for alcohol or drugs.

While LEOs go bat# crazy getting 'civilians' tested in time to get a valid ETOH level, they quite often move with less alacrity when it's a LEO that's about to face the test. Sometimes many hours pass before they manage to deliver one of their own for testing. Amazing, but true.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join