It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop slaps man for requesting a search warrant to search car

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No, I don't disagree with you. Knowing your post history in these matters I'm aware that I tend to be more reactionary than you, sometimes to a fault. I see these situations and am well aware of how these investigations usually go and I get angry. Though I understand that they will need to talk with the two individuals in the video in order to move forward with any charges that may or may not come later.

I recognize that the video offers what sounds like a slap but doesn't actually show the act or any aftermath such as a reddened cheek from the recipient of the slap. And while they would tend to give the officer the benefit of the doubt when they are the accuser, civilians have an upward battle in proving it took place. What isn't absent from the video are the threats. That alone could and usually is grounds for termination from employment, at least for those of us who aren't a protected class of individuals.

As far as the legality of the search they tend to side with law enforcement. They can cook up probable cause from just about any situation.

The video was captured by a young man who filmed his friend's encounter with Glans early Friday in Halfmoon. Glans confronted the pair after he said they walked out of nearby woods to their vehicle, which was in the parking lot of a business. Glans noticed a .22-caliber rifle on the back seat. The sergeant said they were wearing dark clothes and acting suspiciously, although they broke no laws.

Source

To some this would appear to be a perfectly normal situation. To others this would appear to be suspicious behavior qualifying as probable cause for a search of the vehicle. Either way this officer's conduct should not be tolerated by any precinct in the country.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A little back ground info on the cop, probably should have been fired for this

news.google.com...,5948723

and he used to have a facebook which is now closed

www.facebook.com...
edit on 10/11/2014 by bekindtoyurbuds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So the civilian needs to make a complaint for the officer to lose his job......This is crazy. Cops like this need to be out of the force. Other police officers need to speak out and the union should take a hard line.

Story after story......It used to be rare now it is a everyday event. The police need to wear cameras 24/7 and ticket revenue should not be used for the police force. Police forces are for profit companies and the officers are turning into mercenaries.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bekindtoyurbuds

Thanks for the blast from the past with that newspaper link it is interesting to read news from before 9-11 but I am not sure what you intended us to read or what page it was on.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

He admitted it. Said he would do the same again.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Thanks for the blast from the past with that newspaper link it is interesting to read news from before 9-11 but I am not sure what you intended us to read or what page it was on.

Sorry about that,

The link I had originally went straight to the article involving The officer in the video.

couldn't get it to link right, or get a screenshot on windows 8

So i took some photos with my cellphone of the computer screen/article

[IMG]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/bekindtoyurbuds/part1.jpg[/IMG ]

[IMG]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/bekindtoyurbuds/part2.jpg[/IMG ]

why is it so complicate to post a photo on this site??
edit on 10/11/2014 by bekindtoyurbuds because: cant see photos linked from photobucket

edit on 10/11/2014 by bekindtoyurbuds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Thank you for posting that though as I said I did enjoy reading the old paper for a while I can be strange that way.

Anyway it is pretty obvious to me that mr POS COP is a liability to his state and department I am surprised his career continued after ruining a man's life just to continue on and become a thug with a badge.

I bet if those kids could have kept him talking on that recording he would have dug himself even further in. "rights ...what rights. The only rights you have are what I decide you have you little ^%&^% just consider yourself lucky I don't kill you here and place the gun in your hands".

Something to that effect isn't out of the realm of possibilities for super trooper there.

BTW do you know of a app that allows you to record directly to a secure cloud? I wouldn't put it past cops to do a dirty deed then erase all evidence on a phone or just plain destroy it that is where a cloud server would come in handy.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

If you have an iPhone or android, Qik and Ustream are probably the best and bambuser is pretty good as well and really easy to use. Check them out and see which is most user friendly for you but all 3 can live stream and upload to avoid police deleting your files and bambuser definitely had a GPS feature that can determine exactly where the video was shot. I'm not sure about the first 2 in that respect. They're all worth checking into and I've got all 3 on my phone just in case I need a plan B fail safe to cover my ass.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Thank you. I will definitely figure out which one works with my phone. Currently I have a gopro in my truck which I always record my drives just in case of an accident or rowdy LEOs but they are not secure so now with one of those I should be good.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yep, good find, kinda like seeing the one croc and assuming there are 12 more your not seeing underwater.
In russia, they have gotten to the point they run vid on most of their cars.
People need to speak the language their bosses understand.$$$
Get yourself a hidden button video camera and dash/mirror cam, if you run into one of these policy protected roid ragers, let em' do what they do without obvious provocation and put together a retirement package for yourself. I would almost seek these particular cops out and set them up, just for the chance to be a guarantee quick millionaire. It the only way to protect yourself. They will kill you for resisting if you fight, let em' bully you and then clean hou$e. Add a separate civil suit after, directed at his personal finances, if he hurts you.
If that fails, button cam and ccp. Upload before cops come to scoop him up and start the lies.
What a head of a d.

reply to: Domo1

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Seems like every week there is another cops acting this way or worse. I still remember the day when this kind of action from the police was rare, and not sure common event that we all kind of shrug at it and go "oh ya it is Tuesday".

Sadly I think drastic actions will have to take place be for this kind of treatment or state of mind will be curved away from.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Yeah things like this used to be rare although video cameras were rare as well we now even have them in phones which was once rare as well.

Figures.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Just read this update on the local News site, the Saratoga County Sheriff called in the kid who was slapped yesterday to ask if he wanted to press charges agains Sgt. Glans and the answer was the obvious one. I'm really disappointed that it's only a harassment charge but it's more than is seen in the vast majority of cases and was done with undue speed. Maybe I'm just so desensitized to the commonplace nature of police violating our rights with growing regularity that I'm giddy when even a token of justice is presented but it's a step in the right direction at least. Unfortunately the letter of the law is pretty specific and the difference between harassment and assault in a case like this is really slim. Basically if they don't leave any marks and you don't require medical attention it's going to end up being harassment. Anyway, without further adieu, here's the link-

m.cbs6albany.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Let's see. That's 1,2... yep 5 hash marks on this fascist's left sleeve, each one representing 4 years of "service" to the public. Now THAT is an injustice. 20 years. He is near the end of his career. He should probably spend the next 20 behind bars based on what we DONT know.

Most of the older cops seem to chill a little by then, take fewer chances, and tend to overlook petty or victimless offenses. That being said, I can only postulate that this guy has always been a tyrant. Can anyone imagine being his wife or kids? She is still with him. How unfortunate. Hell yeah she's afraid of how it will affect them. This kind of guy likes to bring work home.

Let's hope this is one that offs himself.

Let the witch hunt begin. Crucify him.

Think I might print off a screenshot of his bloated mug and throw darts at it for a week.

Just realized why the staunch rivalry stands between cops and firefighters nationwide... the "protect and serve" motto was misappropriated.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It's police officers like this, getting all control-freak and angry, and then having their actions uploaded on the internet, who give the good officials (who are in the vast majority, at least I hope so) a bad rep and bad experiences when they have to interact with a wary public. They should bring back the stocks for something like this, an hour in the stocks in a public square should teach this fellow that life isn't meant to be led around by the hormones.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Every time something like this is caught on camera, it should be on the national news of every network. Maybe not the major story, but a 1 minute commentary. Just to show the public that you can't trust 99% of these maniacs and that the other 1% is looking the other way when it happens.

I think the percentages are lower than that. But yea, there does seem to be a practice of keeping discipline in house. Not that I am against that, but in the case of LEO's, being that they are public servants, such discipline needs to be aired.

I have a bud who is a LEO in Warren, OH who has busted his fellow officers many times. He and his associates have said that the job of being a cop there is like working in a house divided.

Good cops vs. crooked cops and then throw in the police unions and the mayor and you have some pretty muddy waters. He'll be retiring soon and can't wait as he is sick of all the internal bickering.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
Ok. So he's had a "hard year". So what?!?
Let's forget that he committed battery for a second and talk about professionalism.
Who among us would be allowed to call our clients 'a$$holes' and threaten to "rip off their heads and $hit down their necks"?
I know without a doubt that I would lose my license if I told a patient that.
Why are pigs held to a different standard?

When I read this, my head clicked and I thought maybe that's the answer. Maybe LEOs should be licensed by the state and subject to a review board. The state licenses doctors and lawyers. A violation of ethical practices can result in a revocation of their license and they are no longer permitted to practice medicine or law. Why not do the same with police officers?

The way it is now, incidents like this are handled by an internal investigation. Generally, the worst that happens is paid administrative leave which, to me, is not enough of a deterrent. I think that if they might lose their license, they would consider their actions more carefully.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

That's a great idea!

Other professions must have licenses and certifications to practice their jobs, such as Lawyers, Doctors, Nurses and EMTs, Accountants, even Auto Mechanics, Truckers, etc, etc.

Why not LEOs as well?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

He needs to go to prison for slapping that kid. I see him dying a painful death playing Billy Bob bad ass real soon. The world is changing into a powder keg and the straw the broke the camels back is just about to be laid. It'll be a real eye opener for this piece of # cop.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

There was a law being broken, the second amendment and the right to proper search and seizure. This "cop" should be terminated and his pension dissolved.

I really am beginning to despise all police in this country. I know there are some good ones out there, but they are so far and few between... We live in a police state. They DO as they want. They DON'T care about the "right" process or "legal" process, they will bend/break any rule to make their lives easier...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join