It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Plain Assertion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I really can't tolerate much innuendo. Those who cut you short in conversation every time you speak. Hints, clues, changing the subject before you make your point or get your part across. I knew a few folks who were always ready to conversate but then they would always do these annoying things. I don't know those people anymore and I'd rather not meet them ever again.

What I'm really trying to say is no, I can't take a hint. No, I don't know what they're cluing at. No, I'm mentally unable to play charades. No, I don't want to watch a mime. I'm really not a complex dude. I don't have trouble using the English language and I'm fairly plain when I speak so they should bring the dilemma they got with language and they're tied-up-tongue elsewhere because I'm not an interpreter and I'm not searching for a puzzle to solve. Those cryptic critter antics are ineffective. I am not a critter. My brain works fine.

edit on 9-11-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I really can't tolerate much innuendo. Those who cut you short in conversation every time you speak. Hints, clues, changing the subject before you make your point or get your part across. I knew a few folks who were always ready to conversate but then they would always do these annoying things.

The disrupters. Their ears catch on fire and their heads explode when they hear something they disagree with. If you overlook their ill manners and repeat your point they will sometimes resort to raising their voice. If you say it once more, watch as they close their eyes and plug their ears to keep from being poisoned by another opinion.

Some are control freaks with an agenda, some are just really have child like responses to the world around them.

Thats why I like the internet. Nobody can interrupt what you say.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
well might I suggest you avoid this guy...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The internet is great for information trading but terrible on an inter-personal scale. Each time I go on the internet I always think "corkboard!" or "flea market!" I don't know why, I guess I subconsciously relate those things to the internet.

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats why I like the internet. Nobody can interrupt what you say.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I generally don't pick up on innuendo, I'd have to memorise what was said and how it was said, so that I could analyse its meaning in reference to the speakers intent to communicate.

They live in a world of innuendo, subversive language, "hints", and even "codes" - they almost cannot comprehend actuality, believe it or not, because there always has to be something "more" than what is being said.

edit on 10-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join