It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoming Republicans on Climate change and Science

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yes, these are the people that got elected to govern the most powerful nation on Earth. Some of those quotes are down right ignorant and it's difficult to believe that some of those people got elected to congress but sadly they did.

The U.S. is such a weird place. On one hand it's home to some of the most important science research institutes, top educational institutes and to some of the best scientists in the world and on the other it's also home to some of the most ignorant, hateful, and idiotic group of people who absolutely refuse to believe in science because they think science is part of the big evil liberal agenda.

"God is still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings would be able to change what he is doing in the climate is to me, outrageous." - James inhofe....and this is the guy that will be heading the Senate Environmental Committee.

It's sad that the Republican party has devolved into such a mess, because I wouldn't mind voting for a true moderate Republican. Now when you bring up the words "Moderate Republican" the conservative fringe freaks out and starts mumbling their buzzwords and how they are just part of the big liberal agenda.

Truly sad that people are so uneducated that they voted these people to represent them.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Some of those quotes are down right ignorant and it's difficult to believe that some of those people got elected to congress but sadly they did.

I will tell you whats ignorant.

1. Push a technology that depends on the climate to work. After all the climate is 'changing'.

2. Those who push Climate change shows us ALL who the real neocons are. Trying to control the entire planet!

We must regulate business MORE than they already are. To 'save' the people !

Green legislation already exists with things like the Clean Air Act,.

Then we already have government regulation of the environment with the EPA.

Hey instead of mocking Republicans how about looking at the other side of that coin ?

That thinks they have 'intellectual superiorty' over the right.

To date NONE have ever proven it.
edit on 9-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Always the evil republicans.

www.mnn.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

'We must pass climate change regulation, before we find out what's in it! '

Second verse same and the first verse with the third verse saying 'Oh the humanity'.

'Democracy in action' !

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. In Defense of Women (1918)

en.wikiquote.org...

Quick act now 'benevolent' government !

We're all going to die if it doesn't tax and regulate us in to oblivion.

Effing tornados, and hurricanes are a quick death compared to the 'thousand needles' death by government stupidity.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Neo, simple question, is climate change i.e. global warming happening or not?

Is it happening? No obfuscation, just an a straight up answer.

Thank you kindly.

edit on 17Sun, 09 Nov 2014 17:34:13 -060014p0520141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think we should just lock up everyone that doesn't agree with man-made climate change.

Because having a different opinion is wrong and bad for the world.

Puppies will die.

For real, dead puppies.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You sure do kill lots of puppies in your posts Beezzer.

Question for you too: is climate change i.e. global warming happening or not?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Been happening since before man ever got here.

What is a delusion is the US government can do anything to stop it.

They cant secure the GD southern border.

They been fighting the 'war on drugs' for over 40 years.

They been fighting the 'war on poverty' a hell of alot longer.

They can't win the 'war on terror'.

Those who push 'climate change' cant get anymore arrogant.

They have exactly ZERO accomplishment's and a LONG line of FAILURES.

What's the plan to save the planet from them ?

Oh yeah MORE TAXES,MORE REGULATION, and absolute SCAMS like carbon credits to redistribute pollution.!

What a GD farce.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

We need a list of all comments by all Republicans now.

All you seem to focus on is religion connected with the climate.

No links, just your good opinion.

Keep a stiff upper lip as Watson says.

Is this another endless loop?

Obama will handle the climate issues with pending regulations.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A straight answer from.... Haha good luck on that if it happens that would be a first.

oops just as I thought. You can't have a conversation on singular issues you will get long winded responses on everything under the sun(ha) to cloud the issue. But watch on an issue he finds important he will be raising hell if you don't stick to what he wants to talk about.

It just isn't worth debating climate change with someone who thinks immigration is somehow tied to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, not enough of the Global Warming/Climate Change zealots have been removed from office.

Get them ALL out of there, and let the rest of us live our lives with the little bit of peace they've stolen over the years with their fear-mongering.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: beezzer

You sure do kill lots of puppies in your posts Beezzer.

Question for you too: is climate change i.e. global warming happening or not?

Does it matter?

Let's just destroy everyone that doesn't agree with you.

Certainly they shouldn't hold positions of responsibility.

Just tell us what to think, since you are right 100% of the time.

Thanks in advance,

Regards. . . .

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And you expected to have an intelligent discussion on this subject?

According to this study, it's not that Republicans don't like the science, they're afraid that the proposed solutions would be in conflict with their conservative politics. You can't have a Republican out there calling for regulation and taxes on offending corporations. So, instead of dealing with that, they just refuse to believe it's true, so they don't have to face the inevitable solutions...

Democrats do it, too. They want more gun control. Never mind that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns or that people carrying firearms actually SAVE lives, they just refuse to believe that these instances are valid or justification for carrying guns.

Conservatives who reject the science of climate change aren't necessarily reacting to the science, according to a new study from researchers at Duke University. They're reacting to the fact that they don't like proposed solutions more strongly identified with liberals.
The researchers conclude that on climate and other important societal issues, this denial is "rooted not in a fear of the general problem, per se, but rather in fear of the specific solutions associated with that problem."

The authors blame this denial of climate science on what they deem "solution aversion," i.e., the proposed solutions are "more aversive and more threatening to individuals who hold an ideology that is incompatible with or even challenged by the solution."

Conservatives don't Hate Climate Change, They Hate The Proposed Solutions: Study

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Please by all means list any government 'accomplishment' that hasn't come back and bite us in the snip.

edit on 9-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

OH Geeeez....you forgot the third class of people..............the ones who will say anything ....for the money....like all these so called scientists who clamor about global warming....what B.S. remember....global cooling in the 80's???? Same guys then....what ever it takes to keep their pockets stuffed with grant money

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You need to cite some actual quotes from actual Republicans.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My problem with the democratic champions of climate change is that instead of looking toward science and technology to solve these problems they are looking to taxes and draconian environmental laws and regulations that would do little to deal with the problem, but much to enrich themselves and their cronies.

My problem with republicans is that instead of accepting the fact that climate science, while not absolute, has produced a wealth of information for us to make the determinations we have in regard to anthropogenic climate change, they have thrown it away as a "liberal tax conspiracy".

It's stupid. Of COURSE liberals are going to turn it into another method to tax the citizenry. But that doesn't mean the issue isn't real. Instead of sending a message that accepts scientific reality and champions the cause of science, technology, and industry to make a positive impact, they have deliberately painted themselves into a corner of "science denial".

Nice job Republicans!

At the end of the day neither side of the isle has addressed this issue very well.

Meanwhile industry has. Companies like Tesla are proving that these next generation technologies are viable. Every day scientists are developing novel ideas..All while the political elite do what they do.

Climate change is real. If you don't like it, too bad. No, I will not allow liberals to tax the air I breath, and impose cap and trade because it isn't a solution, it's a get rich quick scheme. I will not allow republicans to tell me that climate science is bunk just because they don't understand it and refuse to promote a regulatory agenda that would remove scientific and research restrictions that would lead to far better and more efficient energy technologies.

It's about time we stop looking to politicians to lead us in an issue that truly has no use for them at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Please by all means list any government 'accomplishment' that hasn't come back and bite us in the snip.

Do you ever drive on highways or have you never seen one?

That was to easy NEO.

If you don't know that one then how about.

Public Health Programs. The scourges of polio, cholera, and smallpox have been effectively eradicated from this country. Vaccination programs have reduced by 95% our risks of contracting potentially debilitating diseases like hepatitis B, measles, mumps, tetanus, rubella, and diphtheria. Federal funds spent on buying and distributing these vaccines have saved countless lives and the billions of dollars it would cost to treat these illnesses.

Federal Deposit Insurance, GI Bill, Consumer Protection to name a few more.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For the record, using common sense applications towards our climate are a good thing and will benefit everyone regardless of what I or anyone else believes in.

But it's the knee-jerk "raise taxes" that irritates the hell out of me.

Like government is smarter than all of us and can spend our money better than we can.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Do you mean those things that property taxes, and lottery taxes, and GASOLINE TAXES pay for ?

That was built by UNIONS that take ten times as long, and cost 10 times as much to build ?

Yeah I seen those.

That aren't all that, and a bag of chips.

So EPIC FAILURE on that so called 'accomplishment'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join