It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama’s 1.6 Billion Dollar Ivanpah Solar Plant Can’t Pay Its Bills – Needs Bailout

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
a reply to: eisegesis

This is a solar-thermal plant so there are no solar panels, only mirrors.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:58 PM
More foreign corporate welfare, care of struggling U.S. taxpayers, for an Israeli-conceived solar power plant at Ivanpah?

It's no wonder, America is $18 trillion dollars in debt.

Obama backed Israeli solar project flounders in California

edit on 9-11-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:58 AM
We need a few plants like this in the country in order to try and figure out how to make the technology work. The investment costs are just too much for private business to handle on their own.

That said, we're investing all wrong in green energy. The US is amazingly positioned for geothermal and we almost totally ignore it. Growing up in Reno, NV the city was primarily run from geothermal. We could even head out near the plants and there were natural hot spas you could relax in. From everything I've read we could run about 40% of our energy needs off of geothermal. It's cheap tech, understood, has few side effects, and is non polluting. The only drawback to it, aside from being regional is that a mistake when drilling can cause a large earthquake.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:05 AM

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm not the brightest knife in the tree, but if I owned some land, and made public the option for regular people to invest in a solar farm or something like that) I would be able to do that, wouldn't I?

I wouldn't need a dime of government money.

I would simply be obligated to the investors.

Why isn't that done anymore???

Pretty smart there actually.

That is what venture capitalists do.

And start up have he ability to issue stocks, and bonds

But hey that's common sense.

And it's abundantly clear the current administration has none of that.

Venture capitalist also get money from the government and has been doing so for the last 52 years.
Startup America: A Venture Capital Bailout?

Through Startup America, the Small Business Administration will guarantee $2 billion in loans over 5 years that will match funds raised by venture capital firms. While tiny by comparison to other programs, could this program be a stimulus for the shrinking venture capital industry? In 2010, venture capital firms collectively raised $12.3 billion from private investors down from a recent high of nearly $32 billion in 2006, according to the National Venture Capital Association. The venture capital firms that receive matching SBA-guaranteed loans will reap 2% management fees each year on the total fund of both private investment and government-backed debt, according to Sean Greene, the associate administrator for investment at the Small Business Administration. So for funds that raise $100 million from limited partners and $100 million from SBA-backed loans, the partners in these firms will collect $2 million in fees each year regardless of how their investments perform (typical for the VC industry).

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:13 AM

originally posted by: neo96
The BLM eh!

Why yes people farmers can't use that land to raise cattle to feed people. That might hurt the poor little turtles!

But its perfectly acceptable to use the same land for 'solar', and kill birds!

Just because one deadbeat got his cattle run off government land doesn't mean that there are other cattlemen running their cattle one government land. If that welfare rancher had paid his grazing fees that Reagan signed into law then you would have never heard of Bundy.

new topics

top topics
<< 1  2   >>