It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s 1.6 Billion Dollar Ivanpah Solar Plant Can’t Pay Its Bills – Needs Bailout

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm not the brightest knife in the tree, but if I owned some land, and made public the option for regular people to invest in a solar farm or something like that) I would be able to do that, wouldn't I?

I wouldn't need a dime of government money.

I would simply be obligated to the investors.

Why isn't that done anymore???

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I really really despise Obama for setting our country back even further..... I keep telling myself, only 2 more years, only 2 more years.... 2016 cant get here soon enough...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I'll take a few solar panels if they decide to liquidate!

Since I helped pay for it, and have no need of my share, please help yourself to my panels as well when you go to claim yours.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
This means that the Obama Administration is funding the incineration of 28,000 birds per year.
That is just at Ivanpah.
weather.com

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

And then the next guy can set us back even further.
But I am sure that will be all barry's fault for at least for years, cause at that point it will be ok to blame the previous guy.

Which president didn't set the country back in some way?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This means that the Obama Administration is funding the incineration of 28,000 birds per year.
That is just at Ivanpah.
weather.com

That's another problem.

The windmills do that too.

But at least the Desert Tortoises made it all the way to the Bundy Ranch so they could live a better life without government interference.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Andrew Jackson, in answer to your question.
He hated bankers.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm not the brightest knife in the tree, but if I owned some land, and made public the option for regular people to invest in a solar farm or something like that) I would be able to do that, wouldn't I?

One would think that the NFL could come up with the money needed to build the stadiums that allows it to make billions of dollars each year.
But, just about all of those stadiums get government funding when they are built.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

OK cool.

Look I am sure that solar farms will be extremely profitable energy producers in the future once a cheap reliable energy storage device is realized and I have read that there are several candidates for such but ATM they are not available. Once they are I may change my tune as far as solar but right now I maintain that geothermal is the direction we should have been going all this time.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: jhn7537

And then the next guy can set us back even further.
But I am sure that will be all barry's fault for at least for years, cause at that point it will be ok to blame the previous guy.

Which president didn't set the country back in some way?

Washington... He had it right

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Misleading title.

The plant cost taxpayers $1.6 billion. The plant has paid back $1 billion already.

It sounds similar to what can be done with student loans. It's not that they can't pay the money back, but that it's worth the investment by the federal government to grant the money for the remainder of the loan.

They seem to be good stewards of the land, they're providing a valuable and needed service to the area and, given the grant, could likely improve on what's already been accomplished if the loan was paid off immediately.

It's not an irregular thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Pretty smart there actually.

That is what venture capitalists do.

And start up have he ability to issue stocks, and bonds

But hey that's common sense.

And it's abundantly clear the current administration has none of that.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: links234
The plant has a larger than projected carbon footprint and it kills 28,000 birds a year by incinerating them in midair. If I had a business that did that, the environmentalists would plead for the govt to shut it down.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The problem is that solar panel technology is rapidly advancing every six months. If you have enough sunlight to make solar mirror farms profitable, you have more than enough sunlight for home based solar panels to be cost-effective. Anywhere that doesn't get enough sunlight can get their energy from hydroelectric or wind power instead.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The BLM owns most of the land subtable for solar.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
The BLM owns most of the land subtable for solar.

Oh.

Well that sucks.

Worthy of a conspiracy if you ask me. . . . .

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The BLM eh!

Why yes people farmers can't use that land to raise cattle to feed people. That might hurt the poor little turtles!

But its perfectly acceptable to use the same land for 'solar', and kill birds!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If you're concerned about bird deaths then you should be much more concerned with cell and radio towers that kill upwards of 50 million birds per year. Moreover, regular old windows kill nearly a billion birds per year.

So either start tearing down towers and building walls over your windows or stop trying to claim that this is somehow a sudden and dangerous threat to avian life in the area.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

In my first post on PG 1 read my source to understand the current logic is smaller scale facilities are more efficient than huge photoconvergience.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: butcherguy

If you're concerned about bird deaths then you should be much more concerned with cell and radio towers that kill upwards of 50 million birds per year. Moreover, regular old windows kill nearly a billion birds per year.

So either start tearing down towers and building walls over your windows or stop trying to claim that this is somehow a sudden and dangerous threat to avian life in the area.

You misunderstand, sorry if I wasn't clear.
I don't care so much about the birds. The environmentalist groups that have tried to shut down windmills are concerned about them.
Since the govt backed this venture, I doubt that we will see it shut down.
I enjoy fried bird.
edit on bu302014-11-09T19:13:06-06:0007America/ChicagoSun, 09 Nov 2014 19:13:06 -06007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join