It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus' Second Coming Doesn't Happen The Way We Plan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I was taught, the wages due is love. A very real love... not one that only speaks.

It's not in Christianity though.... and your christian... so why did you say that.
edit on 9-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It could be. I can't tell you what your "taxes" are. When the IRS tells you what your taxes are, they are speaking for the government. Anyone who claims they tell you what God wants from YOU is presuming to speak for God, making a de facto claim of prophethood. I make no claims of prophethood, so I can't say what God wants from you.

I'm not Christian. if you don't believe me, just ask FlyersFan or Adjensen or Colbe any number of other posters. I don't believe Jesus IS God, and I don't believe in a "trinity", so Christians have disowned me. I'm not in their club.

edit on 2014/11/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I wonder though... how many can stand on conviction of faith alone.

Well i feel we don't really have to as he did tell us how we will not the "season" of the time. Luke 21 and others show we have all the evidence of the season we need. Does this not also tell us that those living in the day that the season arrives will not pass away until the season is done.

29 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

32“Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

certainly always worth rereading the rest of this...
biblehub.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: deadeyedick

That is an interesting theory for sure, I've never heard of it before. I have always assumed for those people Jesus was speaking to at the time, it was true, and it happened for them just as Jesus meant the words.

But I have never thought much about it beyond that... simply because, well... no one in our religions believes in reincarnation...

our religions don't believe in reincarnation is like me saying muslims do not believe in Jesus. nenothtu hit on it a bit about the kingdom. Jesus said the kingdom is like a child and that is the answer. There was a very large number of orphans unaccounted for on many doorsteps in the 50'60's70's the numbers in those days were unaccounted for the most part. that statment can easly be dismissed but not proven untrue. one important thing to remember is who was around to write the history and how it contridicts the word much.

your statment about feeling likness with prophecy is true because we live in a wave that was set in motion long ago. that wave ressonates simular signals throught history. it repeats over and over and we are a part of it. that is why so much debate happens about this or that already happened but when that wave hits certain receptors it ressonates stronger for some and in certain times leaves more of a mark. it is kinda like how we set certain times for holidays and reapeat them each year but whem you look back some are more memorable. the soul search to find ones place often gets many lost but others seem to fit in better. the begining word carries on and on until it hits the mark.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

It could be. I can't tell you what your "taxes" are. When the IRS tells you what your taxes are, they are speaking for the government. Anyone who claims they tell you what God wants from YOU is presuming to speak for God, making a de facto claim of prophethood. I make no claims of prophethood, so I can't say what God wants from you.

I'm not Christian. if you don't believe me, just ask FlyersFan or Adjensen or any number of other posters. I don't believe Jesus IS God, and I don't believe in a "trinity", so Christians have disowned me. I'm not in their club.

There is unseen power in giving ceaser his portion God his and to charity. the rich use this to stay rich even if they do not accept christ.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You are correct in that Jesus doesn't return in how many perceive it to be

“Concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he has spoken thus

For since death came by man, the resurrection of the dead also came by man

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will still live, even if he dies.

For they can’t die any more, for they are like the angels, and are children of God, being children of the resurrection.

Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Would you recognize Jesus if he came back?

Quinn Eaker

Not saying this guy is Jesus but the parallels are intriguing. I think everyone who is working against the PTB and PTW is a lightworker; which will win out, the goons and their paymasters or The People, remains to be seen.

Oh, and don't miss this: Pachamama Portal

Turn your speakers up

Coming back implies that he was actually here previously. There isn't an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived. Not one word was written about him until multiple generations after he allegedly lived. Not one word attributed to him was written by anyone who even lived when he allegedly lived and could have heard him say anything.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I'm not Christian. if you don't believe me, just ask FlyersFan or Adjensen or any number of other posters. I don't believe Jesus IS God, and I don't believe in a "trinity", so Christians have disowned me. I'm not in their club.

There is unseen power in giving ceaser his portion God his and to charity. the rich use this to stay rich even if they do not accept christ.

Sometimes, giving charity IS "giving God his share" - he doesn't need money, but sometimes his people do, and none of us can really point at this one or that and say for sure that they belong to God - or that they don't - we can only guess. Sometimes we hit the mark, other times we don't... that's not for us to determine.

Matthew 25-37

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You have interesting dreams. Faith is easy to lose. If you ask for something in prayer and you don't get it. If you contract a terminal disease, if your child dies, watching those who are greedy and evil win and prosper, watching things like 9/11 or the tsunami in Indonesia, the earthquake in Haiti. So many things to take away faith. I don't think Christ not coming in our time reference is any more faith shaking than regular life. So no, I do not think that means we will all lose faith. Faith starts within and is maintained in the same place.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Coming back implies that he was actually here previously. There isn't an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived. Not one word was written about him until multiple generations after he allegedly lived. Not one word attributed to him was written by anyone who even lived when he allegedly lived and could have heard him say anything.

Well.

I guess you've got your timetable of belief too, then.

Good luck with it, but I think it might REALLY suck for you if you lose your faith.

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

You have interesting dreams.

True that!

Faith is easy to lose. If you ask for something in prayer and you don't get it. If you contract a terminal disease, if your child dies, watching those who are greedy and evil win and prosper, watching things like 9/11 or the tsunami in Indonesia, the earthquake in Haiti. So many things to take away faith. I don't think Christ not coming in our time reference is any more faith shaking than regular life. So no, I do not think that means we will all lose faith. Faith starts within and is maintained in the same place.

I don't think it's so easy to loose once you have it to be honest.

I have lost a child... I have gotten a disease I used to pray for my life to be ended by God so I didn't have to endure such suffering... I have lost every material thing I had...

heck the list can go on and on and on. If I died tomorrow I will have gained no material item that wasn't bare bones necessity in this life.... the barest of the bare.

None of that made me loose my faith. But... everyone is different, and for every person there is one straw that is one straw too many. What that straw might be, for each person might be different... but there will be for everyone something that tests their faith to the ultimate level.

For some it just might be this...you never know...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well.

Good luck with it, but I think it might REALLY suck for you if you lose your faith.

Faith in what?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You have interesting dreams. Faith is easy to lose. If you ask for something in prayer and you don't get it.

If god says "no, you can't have that", then it's reason to chuck faith out the window? Wouldn't that kind of be like divorcing one's parents because they said "no, you can't eat that pill just because it's pretty?" or "no, you can't climb on that stove, because the burner is hot"? I just presume that there's a good reason for the "no" answer. I guess you're right, though - many folks would just chuck in the towel - and do - because there wasn't any profit for them in their answer - no profit they could see or think of, any how.

If you contract a terminal disease, if your child dies,

We had a child die. Oddly enough, of a terminal disease. That didn't prove there was no God any more than winning the lottery proves there IS one. It DID prove that people sometimes die - but I already knew that - it wasn't in question. I expect that one day it's even going to happen to me. Maybe today. Death happens. To every one, and most of us don't even get the courtesy of a warning as our daughter did.

watching those who are greedy and evil win and prosper, watching things like 9/11 or the tsunami in Indonesia, the earthquake in Haiti. So many things to take away faith.

I don't see how any of those things could possibly shake one's faith, but you are correct - lots of people will throw in the towel and say "Crap! I guess God ain't on my payroll any more!"

I don't think Christ not coming in our time reference is any more faith shaking than regular life. So no, I do not think that means we will all lose faith. Faith starts within and is maintained in the same place.

I have to agree - not all will. I have to wonder whether those who do ever really had any to begin with, though.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I agree mine is firmly intact. I did loose it in my teens, and I can't say I have never been angry with God, but in the end I am a believer and no longer question, just trust. Good things, bad things, always in his His hands. We have much in common you know.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Well.

Faith in what?

I give up - what?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You guys with your similar avatars, lol I was not speaking personally with my first reply, rather based on observation of people and how faith is lost. I have lost two children, one to a birth defect and another to cancer, and I still have my faith, so, we agree. lol

So many on here in particular are angry at the injustice they see, and have no faith.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You guys with your similar avatars, lol

That's OB's fault - she made both of them. It's for Thanksgiving (hence the turkey). You'll note that SHE gets to fight a bear with a pointy stick, and all I get to do is carry a dead bird around...

This was my regular one before the holiday one (you'll see it again after Thanksgiving):

I was not speaking personally with my first reply, rather based on observation of people and how faith is lost. I have lost two children, one to a birth defect and another to cancer, and I still have my faith, so, we agree. lol

So many on here in particular are angry at the injustice they see, and have no faith.

I know they are, for sure. It's been said that "God helps those who help themselves", so I have to wonder what they do about the injustice they see, other than get mad at God and lose their faith. That just doesn't seem particularly productive or remedial, to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That is NOT your regular avatar... that is one you made all by yourself. Don't let people think I had a hand in the back of a coat!

The old dude - Mr. Curmudgeon... IS your regular avatar. I just made him to be on a hunting trip for thanksgiving! And yes... I'm killing a bear with my compound bow!

Women rule! hahahaha

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Agree it is sad to see those who have no belief in anything except the expectation that things will get worse, and no will to change anything.

The avatars are nice, she is developing some serious skills. Holding a dead turkey trumps fighting a bear with a stick. lol

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join