It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus' Second Coming Doesn't Happen The Way We Plan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

all your other implications you make of me is just to steer away from my premise that Jesus is the only son of god and the only path to god. no other plans will work.

Well then! You have your timetable and preconceived notions laid out for you, too.
Of course there's a lot of latitude there for discussion, but not really the topic of the thread. Closer would be "what happens to your faith if that timetable doesn't work out for you?"

either way carry on he will be here soon and guns won't help anyone.

Can you define "soon"? That might be closer to the topic - or at least working in that direction.

The guns aren't for gods.

edit on 2014/11/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Funny all the guns on a post supposedly about Jesus.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It makes me think of Jehovah's Witnesses because they decided that "this generation" will not pass away until all things come to pass, to them meaning the generation old enough to understand and be aware of WW1. This is the 100th year since WW1 and they believed a person would have to be an adult, which may what include 13 yrs old maybe...so how many people are left on the planet that are 113 years old. Soon they will not have a prophecy left to stand on because they gave a date for the return of Jesus.
I don't think we should expect anything until it happens even Ebola epidemics.

A supercentenarian is a person who has lived to the age of 110 or more, something only achieved by about one in 1,000 centenarians. Even rarer is a person who has lived to age 115 – there are only 34 people in recorded history who have indisputably reached this age, of whom only Misao Okawa, Gertrude Weaver, Jeralean Talley, Susannah Mushatt Jones, and Bernice Madigan are still living.[1][2][3] In 2012, the United Nations estimated that there were 316,600 living centenarians worldwide.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Funny all the guns on a post supposedly about Jesus.

Yeah, it is.

Selling your cloak to buy a sword is just anachronistic these days.

BUT - I have some swords, too... just in case...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

not all of them. That acceptence will be the greatest divide the muslims have ever seen.
Assuming Jesus in fact did return . . right?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I wonder though... how many can stand on conviction of faith alone.. a faith that doesn't include a return in their lifetime... a lifetime that doesn't even hope for one in their lifetime.

Just, a faith that gets to know God? Can such a faith stand in this world... or do we have to have something more than a love of our Creator?

Sometimes I have asked myself that, because I used to be really into prophecies and have spent most of my life thinking about the Return... So I have asked myself... do I have real faith? Or... at least what I believe is a true and pure faith that needs no hope for salvation, nor any hope for an end to this life as we know it... Just plain ole faith in God, and love for HIM?

I think for me personally... it's something I need to work on. Just.. living for God and loving who is IS.. not what or who I want HIM to be, nor what I want him to do for me. Because really, what HE is, is more than I can rightly imagine... and honestly that is enough - all by itself!

edit on 9-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
so much i want to say but more than that i want to respect the op's wishes. let's go with "soon"
just as the book says this generation will not pass it will be. those that followed him back then are here and so are the others. it is happening now. it was no metal sword they bought it was a sword of the flesh. two vessels that are here witnessing here today. it is clear in the scriptures that Jesus and his had no need for swords of metal and why would the buy more if the two presented were enough? remember he said those will do. do for what? to come up with enough money to buy swords of flesh. avatars witnesses

the question of soon implies a lack of faith

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I think some people assume you plan on fighting Jesus Himself with those guns - and swords. lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Your dream reminds me of what many call the "great falling away" of the church. It is written that there will be a great falling away of the church. Meaning that many will turn away or no longer believe. They will leave their faith behind for one reason or another.

I think the end has been coming since the beginning of time and I do not know how long it will take to finally get here, but like many... I do not think it's nearly as long as it has been.

Thanks for sharing your dream. The best thing those of us who believe can do is remain vigilant IMO.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Huh?

You just confused the heck out of me! It sounds like your version of the end times is one I have never heard of! That we all lived a couple thousand years ago... and are here now... well... thats a version I've not heard.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Right.

Matthew 16:4
English Standard Version
An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed.

The sign came and went

Matthew 12:40
for as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And that may be the crux of the matter.

Does "faith" have to have a reward/punishment system just to "be"?

I think in some cases the answer is "Yes" - without either hope or fear, those people will just go on their merry secular way. Without either hope or fear, they want nothing to do with a deity - it's the "what's in it for ME?" mentality. I don't know if that would actually diminish "faith" - the belief or non-belief in a deity - but it would seem to have the same net result... a separation from their god. In that case, it wouldn't much matter whether they believed or not - the point would be moot.

In other cases, the answer is probably "No". Those individuals would just want a link with their creator, and that link itself could be viewed as "reward" by them, without the rest of the bells and whistles.

Which could be the very reason for a "test of faith".

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I think some people assume you plan on fighting Jesus Himself with those guns - and swords. lol.

Dude was a carpenter. He's got muscles and stuff. It's clear he would kick my ass!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

indeed my truth is hard to swallow. simply put i totally take the bible literly and when he said the generation shall not pass that is what happened. it is not for me to know how he works his wonders or secong guess the word. if he said he turned water into wine then they had wine. all the animals on one boat? yes if he said it then by the power of his father it was done and not necessary for us to know the means or he would have put that. many like to take the metaphor route in belief but he would have told us it is if it was. that is what i call faith and if you look around i am in lonely company in my views.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There are all manner of calisthenics to attempt getting around the various interpretations of "before this generation passes", and I don't have the answer for it, other than to say the passage referred to "The Kingdom of God", and elsewhere in the New Testament it gives a slightly different picture (to my eyes, at least) of what constitutes "The Kingdom of God" than most interpretations seem to see. My own take on it doesn't require a return of Jesus for the kingdom to "be", but that's just me, and I'll say no more about it - I just separate the two events.

So, to me at least, the question of "soon" doesn't imply a lack of faith - it's a separate event, one I don't need to answer in order to have "faith", but one I have faith will eventually occur - in it's own time, in it's own way. I may be long gone and dust before that happens, or it might happen before I get a chance to eat my supper. It doesn't matter to me which it is. I'm good with either.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

As for me... I think it's a No that HE would be more than enough for me. And when I died and went to heaven, the presence I was in, was in enough for me and I was in love... I never wanted that to end.

But at the same time I wonder, or question ya know? Because the prophecies are also somehow inextricably linked to me. I have felt that the prophecies were written for me to understand, or that I would understand them and they were for me somehow... and have had that feeling since I was 12 years old.

So I wonder, and hope that I am right in my answer but worried that I would be wrong if I jumped to that conclusion immediately without putting the question to myself.
edit on 9-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Right.

Matthew 16:4
English Standard Version
An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed.

The sign came and went

Matthew 12:40
for as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Indeed it did, and it seems that not many noticed that a Kingdom was established THEN - they sure seem to be refusing to pay their "taxes" to it! Maybe they're waiting to see if the kingdom will set up a few entitlement programs before they invest in it?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What was their "taxes"

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

God doesn't need any money, which is why I put "taxes" in quotes. There are a few other thing mentioned that God would like to have, though, and then Jesus came along and said the thing he did about what's Caesar's and what's God's specifically on the question of paying taxes.

SO - it ain't coin or money. You have to find what you think God wants from you, and that right there is your "taxes".

Just as tax rates vary, some requirements may be different from others. And, of course, if one is not subject to the Kingdom (and a great many aren't), then that one HAS no "taxes" to pay.

But the army won't help them out if needed, either.

They didn't pay any tax.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

That is an interesting theory for sure, I've never heard of it before. I have always assumed for those people Jesus was speaking to at the time, it was true, and it happened for them just as Jesus meant the words.

But I have never thought much about it beyond that... simply because, well... no one in our religions believes in reincarnation...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join