It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase your IQ by 10-15 points with a drug you already bought, you already have it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Share this with your friends and family, don't hoard information, sharing info is good karma.

I discovered this by pure fluke, I wanted to lose some weight, I didn't want to buy any food on purpose so I was eating what was left in the fridge.

JAR of Peanut butter.

HOLY CRAP

If you don't believe me, go ahead and try it yourself. Eat for 3 days, only quality peanut butter, 1-2 spoons, 3-4 times a day. NO bread, NO nothing except water and quality peanut butter. You can't do this with crappy butter filled with sugar, preservatives and other crap.

Absolutely no other kinds of food or drink

And NO, it doesn't have to be Organic, all it needs to be is pure peanut butter, salted or not, it doesn't matter, I use unsalted.

Here is what will happen to you. Your thinking will change drastically, your emotions will be cut in half, your sex drive cut by 75%, your thinking will become so focused, so analytical, brainy.

It is as if you will be in an altered state of mind, but not high, not feel good. BUT CLEAR.

Now don't be one of those stupid internet people, and do this as a lifestyle and get probably health problems, this is temporary 5 days at most when you need that extra processor and ram in your head. Schools, Interviews, Learning New Skill, can help you be more confident with women too.

If you are emotionally unstable, Bi-Polar or unfocused ADHD. This stuff can help you........temporarily...which is better than nothing.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Just curious... is this anecdotal with your own personal story?

Or do you have some sort of science to go off of, that you based this self-inflicted experiment on?

Sounds promising...

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Then again on second thought

ATS folks don't really need this, yahoo message board folks do LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Strictly personal experience.

This is peanut butter we are talking, if you are curious, is it really gonna kill you to eat it for 3 days.

I am signing out.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Do you ever just lather it over your face?
edit on 9-11-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

your sex drive cut by 75%,

Are you kidding me????

Why the heck would i want to do that??????????

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Clearing your system of all the crap we normally eat tends to make the mind keener, too. Just ask any hungry predator. Its not the peanut butter, its that all you had to eat was peanut butter. It could have been honey, or apples, whatever.

Food can be abused like any drug. You either use it for fuel or too much of it, to escape.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Do you ever just lather it over your face?

If you are perverted, that's your problem not mine.
Seek help.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I figured it'd be closer to the brain, and since we are going with pseudo science I figure it'd be fitting, perversion withheld.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Are you kidding me????

Why the heck would i want to do that??????????

Sex, is a primal thing, not an intellectual thing.

Instead of going into details, let me put it simply. Sex won't lead you to enlightenment, thinking abut thinking will.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Clearing your system of all the crap we normally eat tends to make the mind keener, too. Just ask any hungry predator. Its not the peanut butter, its that all you had to eat was peanut butter. It could have been honey, or apples, whatever.

Food can be abused like any drug. You either use it for fuel or too much of it, to escape.

Not true, has to do with Protein and Fats VS Sugars

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Not true, has to do with Protein and Fats VS Sugars

I meant has to do with too much food in your system. Tends to dull the mind.

Less food-- sharper mind. Over all, less lethargy, clearer thinking, lighter feeling, etc.

Thats why some people fast on purpose.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

you are benefitting from your body being in ketosis.

Did you start peeing a whole lot more than normal?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh dear.

All that will happen if you do this is you will lose water weight over a period of several days, fill your blood with fat and undermine it's ability to carry good clean glucose to your cells thus causing certain functions in your body to function at a much lower rate. Your immune system, hormones, intellect, fight and flight...you name it would all be compromised and any spike in acute awareness would simply be your brain going "GIVE ME GLUCOSE FFS".

Hence people that go into ketosis will often slur their words, become clumsy and make otherwise easily avoidable mistakes.

To boot your metabolism will be damaged from the lack of clean sugars and you will have extra subcutaneous fat stored most likely on your belly, sounds fun!.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow, a lot of misinformation in this thread (BFFT is the about only one to figure it out).

A diet high in fats and moderate in proteins with almost no carbs will put you into ketosis inside of 48 hours; thus the three day change in mental status.

There's two kinds of ketosis, the one from diabetic ketosis which is a disease state and dangerous; that's the one that will cause negative symptoms. Ketosis that is dietary in a nondiabetic is a NORMAL HUMAN METABOLIC STATE much like our ancestors were in a great part of the time when their only food intake was meat, dried meat, or fasting state, which would have been a goodly part of the year. Carb sources are seasonal in most climates. We're designed to store fat for times when food is not available and burn it for energy both body and mind; this is a state of ketosis. It's only starvation when the fat stores run out.

And yes, it does produce a rather interesting mental state; the ketones are chemically like alcohol and you end up with an alert (better to find food), introspective, good humored bordering on euphoric mood. It's the constant supply of crappy foods, high in carbohydrates, that produces the 'mood' most people in modern societies are used to, which is a combination of satiety (overeating) and toxin intake. High sugar/carb intakes are NEW in human diets, not the way we were designed to eat, because food has only been abundant in the very near past. Most people had to work very hard for their food down through the ages and would have been going in and out of mild ketosis all the time.

I think the OP is mentioning his sex drive 'going down by 75%' because he welcomes not thinking about sex 99% of the time but is enjoying the change in mental status that ketosis produces.

Note that ketosis is not confined to simply eating peanut butter; a combination of any foods high in fats firstly, then proteins and very low in carbs, no more than 20 grams a day of carbs, will keep you in ketosis. It's a fascinating mental state and everyone should learn what it is and how it works. It also gives your cells a break from a constant influx of toxic sugars and makes you metabolically more dynamic.

If you want to smooth the way towards being in ketosis without much in the way of cravings, a diet high in coconut oil/butter will grease the metabolic skids. Also try supplementation with lecithin pills daily; you'll find that alone will give you access to clearer thinking and what feels like a higher IQ; it seems to be necessary for verbal and analytical ability. By the way, our brains are mostly cholesterol; a diet high in cholesterol is necessary to proper brain functioning and neuronal growth and connections. I don't think it's any accident that people seemed to get more dull-witted around the time they were cautioned against eating so many eggs...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You were probably suffering from a deficiency that the peanut butter corrected. Peanut butter has a lot of good chemistry in it. I am not talking just about vitamins and minerals. Peanuts contain lots of molybdenum, leucine and Isoleucine, and Valene. It also contains adequate amounts of some special lipids and amino acids. Magnesium is pretty decent in peanut butter too. It also contains some betaine which makes the folate within it work better and helps lower homocysateine levels.

People think better when burning ketones sometimes. It slows thinking but sometimes it is good to think slower instead of being scattered from burning too much sugar.

You should have a little jelly with the peanut butter though, peanut butter does contain a lot of oxalates. The pectin will bind to the oxalates. Calcium also will bind to the oxalates and form crystals in your gut instead of in your body. Too much peanut butter is no good, it can contribute to kidney stones.

You didn't actually increase your IQ. You always were that smart, the deficiency was dampening your perception.

edit on 9-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is simply idiotic.
Yes, you ate peanut butter for 3 days and then were somehow able to determine that your IQ had raised by 15 points. Well congratulations, this thread has lowered mine.
To anyone saying "oh yeah you probably cleared some deficiency" take a basic biology class. Chemical/vitamin deficiencies take months to clear up at massive doses of the deficient chemical, if it clears up at all.
I know I shouldn't be surprised being that this is ATS, a site designed to propagate ignorance.
edit on 9/11/14 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Actually a pretty good post you had explaining one of the possible reasons in detail. There are more possible reasons for his feeling better though.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Well it has been proven to be the case with nascent Iodine whereby it used to be added into the American water supply and they found there was an overall I.Q. increase of 10-15 points in the community over 12 months once it was added.Which would then lead us off on a tangent as to why it was later taken out and Fluoride added in its place.

But peanut butter?And 3 days?That's like some mega future age drug.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I got my IQ raised by 15 points, but now I don't know what to do with a 75 point IQ!

(me am sooo smart!)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join