It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a web site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hi all I often dip into this site but rarely participate but now am trying to find something so posting here as I dont seem to be able to post else where. If wrong I hope the mods move

Ten years ago ? ago I stumbled on a curious transcript from what I assume is a intelligence programmer training a chat text bot. The public are invited to chat to the online program anonymously and as I recall he states records show most exchanges being pedestrian and boring. After a while the researcher would only look in occasionally. But one exchange caught his eye and he began monitoring it . Bear in mind this is a lone individual talking to a program anonymously with no idea that any human will read the exchange. So whats so unusual ? The human respondent claimed to be over 150 years old setting the theme of future conversations where loneliness of his predicament and the need to keep it hidden was laid out. The transcript is, as I recall is published with out comment-the authenticity impossible to prove.
I am not sure if the programmer influenced the bots response but I think he extracted further information about the respondent that seem to support the extraordinary claim. In fact I think he states that he discovered the persons identity but cannot vouch for the truth but still thought it was worth publishing
As I recall it was an intriguing read and I wonder if anyone else has come across it -I cant find it again but I remember thinking how amazing as well as how necessary it would be to stay out of sight as well as how awful to live out your friends and relatives.

Anybody know where I find this?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

Interesting to say the least. I have never heard of this. Wish I could help. But it's either some corny sci-fi web writings, or it's real, could be somewhere in the Deepweb/Darknet. Good luck on your search. Let us know if you find it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Borisbanger
... The public are invited to chat to the online program anonymously and as I recall he states records show most exchanges being pedestrian and boring ...

The end product ... youtu.be...
edit on 9-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You need a total of 20 posts before you can start your own thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
You need a total of 20 posts before you can start your own thread.

I thought the ATS site (program) wouldn't let anyone to post a thread without 20 posts. I just waited till I reached 20 before I tried. Computer glitch?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

This is his/her introduction thread. Everyone gets that before their 20 posts

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Whoa, I first though that I posted your post, because I asked exactly the same thing on another website a few months ago and nobody knew what I was talking about. I am so excited that I am first going to write this and then look through the responses.
I have searched hi and lo on the internet and the archives of the internet for this and could not find anything. Not even the original post on the website I posted this on, where I had been linked to it in the first place.

So I am not mad at all, someone else remembers. I will now look at the responses and maybe add a little more after that. S&F for this mate!!!!

ETA: OK, same responses as I got. Nobody can remember. If they cull this thread because you haven't got 20 posts yet, do you mind sending me a private message? Maybe together we remember more. I know exactly what you are talking about and I am quite intrigued as to why it is so hard to find.

edit on 9-11-2014 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Strange isn't it !

Yes of course. Jumping to conclusions, the original take down may be a protective measure in which case maybe just better left to become another urban myth.

I would rather live in a mysterious world and all that...

Send me a message by all means
Incidentally I think it was around 2007 -2008 I first read it though cant be sure.

And thanks to the other responders

originally posted by: Hecate666

Whoa, I first though that I posted your post, because I asked exactly the same thing on another website a few months ago and nobody knew what I was talking about. I am so excited that I am first going to write this and then look through the responses.
I have searched hi and lo on the internet and the archives of the internet for this and could not find anything. Not even the original post on the website I posted this on, where I had been linked to it in the first place.

So I am not mad at all, someone else remembers. I will now look at the responses and maybe add a little more after that. S&F for this mate!!!!

ETA: OK, same responses as I got. Nobody can remember. If they cull this thread because you haven't got 20 posts yet, do you mind sending me a private message? Maybe together we remember more. I know exactly what you are talking about and I am quite intrigued as to why it is so hard to find.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I read about this way earlier, maybe 2004 but I can't be sure. I am not in any way saying it was real but it was strange that the person gave so much detail that needn't have been necessary. For example I remember that he only had one true soulmate ever whom he told the truth and something about a horse that he adored during the war [?]. There was so much more to it and it took the writer a long time to actually come out with all that stuff.

It was really interesting and I wish I could find it. Not giving up though, you have just reminded me again and I'm going to keep looking!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Please read the rules you agreed to when you joined. This is no t a public forum...but a members only private forum. They are there for a reason...not to just sign up and start talking

Welcome though...cya after 20...now how about your intro?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Err yes sorry
I have just discovered I am unable to privately message Hecate so thanks for the friending.

About me
Nothing much to say. I work in a garden centre, buy my clothes from charity shops, pluck my eye brows and [snipped]
Hello all

edit on Sun Nov 9 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53
a reply to: Spader

This is his/her introduction thread. Everyone gets that before their 20 posts

Thank you. Had no idea how that actually worked. Or the rest of the bells and whistles for that matter. But looked into it and now understand. (Kind of) Heeee!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Please read the rules you agreed to when you joined. This is no t a public forum...but a members only private forum. They are there for a reason...not to just sign up and start talking

Welcome though...cya after 20...now how about your intro?

Awww...Mysterious. I see it as Boris has introduced himself as a man on a passionate hunt for a mystery that intrigues him. I feel I know him already. Does sound an interesting story as well.

Welcome, Boris! May your search bear fruit.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Awww thank you one and all

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

edit on 10-11-2014 by Borisbanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well done fellow member! Greetings and happy threading to you. Cya round the place...jump in anywhere! Best MS

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Great avatar! I LOVE Charlie Chan! Thank you for playing!!!

top topics

join