It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this sociopathic woman be the ideal politician?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

M.E. Thomas recently was interviewed in regards to how a sociopath (psychopath) woman sees the world in regards to sex, sexuality, family, bonding with others and life in general. And while people who fit her diagnosis only account for a small number in regards to population their influence is phenomenal as they are often our political and cultural elite.

So how would you judge her? Would you vote for her? Are psychopaths ideal in some ways in relationships? It is interesting that she notes that people who have been in relationships with psychopaths miss the excitement and sex. So is this what we want, in a vicarious way, when it comes to the men and women who represent us in Washington, DC?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

A sociopath and a psychopath are two different things, they are not synonyms for one another.

Interesting video though!

Edit to add:

The fact of the matter is, that psychopaths specifically can be very successful in offices and business environs, because they have no ability to accept social conventions, so they are never afraid to stab someone in the back, metaphorically or otherwise, to get what they want. They are ruthless, calculating, and utterly without remorse or concern for the people they tread on, to get what they want.

They are also fantastic dissemblers, and social chameleons, able to BS their way out of pretty much anything that comes their way, which might lead to discovery of their wrongdoings, or shine a light into the construction of their minds, which would obviously see them being looked at rather differently by those who might have a say in their future within a business structure.

However, they are rarely the most effective employee in a company. They are more likely to be the guy that gets the promotion, because they will be charismatic, engaging, and exude a certain confidence which is attractive to those who occupy higher positions than they do. But they are not the best at what they do, because they lack the patience to become good enough at their jobs to EARN promotions.

Now, those traits make them ideal fodder for the political machine, in the sense that politicians are professional liars in this day and age, and little else. The trouble is, that you can have a very charismatic and popular politician, who will be selected for candidacies left and right for all sorts of great government positions, but at the end of the day, they will not be as effective or as honest in their dealings with their fellow politicians, or indeed with the people, as someone who is not a psychopath. They will achieve with coercion what ought to be done by honesty and transparency, if it ought to be done at all, and all of this will be done while presenting the best possible face to the electorate.

That is pretty much the definition of modern politics as far as I can make out. I have no doubt that many of the elected members of governments all over the world are in fact psychopaths. I have no doubt that various officials in law enforcement communities, intelligence agencies, and the like, also suffer the trait, and it is very difficult to diagnose, precisely because of the dissembling and chameleon capabilities, which I alluded to earlier.

I would have thought, that if you went ahead and tracked back all the horrific, stupid, unjustifiable crap that governments across the world have done to one another, and indeed their own people, you would find a psychopath or gaggle thereof, at the root of it, from mass surveillance in the States and the UK, to the Fukushima cover up enacted by TEPco which to this day hides the worst extent of the damage done to the environment and the spread and intensity of the radiation leaking from the plant.

So in short, no, I do not believe that a sociopath OR a psychopath would be the ideal politician. Neither psychological status promotes the values which I require from a political representative, honesty, integrity, a respect for the opinions of the electorate, a will to see the peoples voice heard, and a determination to prevent rather than utilise coercive behaviour, and corrupt practice within government.

I believe that the reason my nations government, and indeed the governments of many world powers, are so totally incapable of properly representing the needs and orders of those who elect them, is that those governments are peopled by psychopaths, and sociopaths, and it is also my belief that scouring such persons from positions of power, is vital.
edit on 9-11-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added significant detail.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is, that psychopaths specifically can be very successful in offices and business environs, because they have no ability to accept social conventions, so they are never afraid to stab someone in the back, metaphorically or otherwise, to get what they want. They are ruthless, calculating, and utterly without remorse or concern for the people they tread on, to get what they want.

I really like your post! The part here caught my eye in particular though. As they refuse to live by any social conventions that means they are able to be innovators and revolutionaries. The reason people often go from one sociopath/psychopath to another is that they open the world to them intellectually and sexually.

One thing though...there really is not a huge difference between sociopaths and psychopaths that is significant for the most part in how they interact with society except that a psychopath is generally more clever and planned out.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't know. You tell me. We seem to have elected a big one in the States right now. And I'm not meaning to imply h's the only one who's ever held the highest office, but I think he's either hidden it the worst or his personal agenda has been the most destructive for the average person.

Either way, it hasn't been working out that well.

But he sure can give a pretty speech.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I've been (and still am) listening to the vid/radiotape, and it's very educational. Wonderful that she can "come out" as a sociopath, talk about it, and give insights on the personality. Seems they even have websites. I'm sure I'm not one, but am emphatic enough that I usually accept and communicate with others where they're at and can accept, and she says this kind of attitude is appreciated. Listening to the show (it's almost over) gave me good data, and now I want to date one or more out-sociopaths (at the same time, they wouldn't care) for the life-experience.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I think it is unwise to ignore the negative aspects of psychopathic individuals, and their effects on society, in order to benefit from innovation. I also believe that the best innovations come from genuine altruism and belief in a better way for everyone, which are not traits carried by psychopaths in the least.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

LOOOOOOOL

More like a this woman has some narcissistic personality disorder hahahaha, attempting to jazz up sociopath, guess really you could claim they can go all hand in hand, NPD, Sociopath, ASPD.

So what the real difference between a sociopath and a psychopath? I was under the belief it was attachment.
You know how psychopaths don't really form attachments with people while a sociopath will form a relationship with something like a parent, or child. Can feel guilty if they hurt people close to them unlike a psychopath.

I think some of her info is on BSy side but whatevz, sociopaths love to lie, still interesting to listen to.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Actually there is a fair deal difference between the two. Sociopathy is more of an intoversion, It's a personality defect which results in extreme anti-social behaviors. In fact, conspiracy theorists are 'sociopaths' by the rest of the worlds standards; Our personality causes that we distrust authorities and governments. Or believe in aliens and secret societies.

However a psychopathy isn't necessarily introverted, but more charming as TrueBrit described really quite well. Psychopaths have a mental disorder which results in aggressive anti-social behaviours as opposed to sociopaths who're simply anti-social.

EDIT: Neither of these are ideal qualities to have in a leader.
edit on 9/11/1414 by Emerald53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

To answer the question that was your title...............NO.

The last person you want to be in a position of authority over millions of people is a sociopathic woman. The only exception to that that I can see is if the woman in question has a man who has seen through her mask, see's for who she really is and STILL treats her with respect. A man who is borderline for example. This would help ensure that she makes the right decisions because the man could tell her when too much is too much..........and she would actually listen to him. It takes an extremely unique man to be able to be in that position and make it work.

At around 8:30 or so in that video, the woman being interviewed hit on what is really at the bottom of it all.......in my opinion. The childlike behavior in a grown woman's life where everything is a bargaining chip. Everything has a price. If you've never dealt with a sociopathic woman, it's really hard to explain WHY it would be bad for those people she has authority over. One way to see this is to remember that sociopaths represent a minority of the population. A politician is supposed to represent peoples' social wants and needs. How can that happen from a woman who has no empathy for them? Who doesn't care about them? Who doesn't think and act within social constructs? THEY are not the reason she wanted the position. SHE is the reason.

I can't really say anything that the woman in the audio link didn't already say. I'm borderline, she's a full-blown sociopath. She knows more about it than I do, but everything she said is true. My advice is to listen to it. Once a person has, I can see no way that they would want a sociopathic woman in a position of political power. A relationship with one is an entirely different matter because there's just two people in the picture. Dealing with a sociopathic woman in a one on one relationship is challenging to say the least. Dealing with one who is in a position of power would be impossible.

Psychopaths and sociopaths who do not break the law are painted with the same broad brush with those who don't. That video you posted can go a long with in alleviating that prejudice.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i may be wrong,
but I thought psycho meant nature; born that way,
and socio meant nurture; raised that way?

in any case, why subject one's self to be the 'subject' of another?

unconscionable is such an arrangement...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Brilliantly put.
And a sociopath has an authoritarian mindset that requires them by default to acquire leadership positions.
Add in the NSA factor whereby these sociopath politicians are constantly spied upon so all the dirt and greasy kept secrets are used as blackmail weapons for some totalitarian power structure which is ran by psychopaths for some insidious political agenda and you can see why the World is upside down.
These sociopaths are ideal in a dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Elect Hillary and lets find out!

top topics

join