It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is one of the only foods that doesn't spoil ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I didn't know about honey working for acne. I learn something every day. I know of the antibiotic properties of honey and some of the other properties it has but never thought of using it on the skin for stuff like that.

I'll have to tell my granddaughter about this, she is a teenager.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I was going to sat " Twinkie "..... Too bad all the honey bees are dying and the price of honey is going up.

I have a friend and neighbor who has an apiary and its doing very well. He was losing bees at a rapid rate until he replaced the Italian queens with Russian queens. He has to use a special queen's chamber on his supers to keep the queen in it because the Russian queens tend to want to swarm at the beginning of each spring season. Now, he has honeybees running out of his rear end! He started with four supers and could barely keep two of them occupied several years ago. Now, he's got over 20 supers full and he said he will add more over the winter for the spring season. Plus the honey is delicious.

He also said the Russian's bees don't produce quite the amount of honey the Italians used to per super, but he doesn't lose any supers any more.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Honey feeds bacteria just fine if properly diluted. I've got jugs of honey mead that are about 15% alcohol to prove it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What about salt? It doesn't spoil.

And yes, if you put it on McD's fries they will be around for our ancestors.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I knew about honey not spoiling. Its' one of those foods that survivalists/preppers have in our stockups. It's an important addition to have because it has many uses and is helpful in many health areas.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I knew it was honey, you can leave honey sit out with the top open and it will never grow any fungus or mold on it.it makes a great topical anti biotic too.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Honey has anti-microbial properties and that is absolutely a fact. That's most likely why honey will be more likely to crystallize than to develop a mold or bacteria within it. Different honeys have different levels of anti-microbial properties. Those honeys made from sunflower pollen are the ones that are likely to be the most potent anti-microbial.

Here's a really cool story in relation to the medicinal nature of honeys from the BBC, not only about these properties of honey but also how some worker bees function as doctors/nurses in tending to sick bees by administering different honeys as medicines. It's super cool.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oooops! True that, my bad! A reply to: Hushabye

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Oh.

I was going to say peanut butter as I am fairly certain there is a jar from 1999 still in use in my cupboard...

Blasphemy! jk PB around here comes in 2-packs of big jars from Costco and we go thru em in about a month. Haha!

As for honey, I've got a couple gallons worth right alongside the rice in the emergency stash.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Honey is a humectant - it pulls ambient moisture out of the air and thus stays a liquid, which is the reason even in the Pharoah's tombs in the desert, it was still semi-liquid after all those centuries.

It's the same property that causes its antibiotic effects; it pulls moisture out of bacteria and kills them.

Ever put honey on bread? It forms a crust of the surface of the bread almost like it's been toasted; it's pulling the moisture out of the surface of the bread.

And yeah, silver coins were an old way of purifying water supplies. You don't need colloidal silver, just silver coins added to the water jar. Another reason to put in a supply of pure silver.

Oh, BTW, if you're buying cheap honey it's probably fake honey from China; the market is loaded with it; it may have some honey in it, but will be mostly corn syrup. If you don't buy direct from the beekeeper, and the price is too good, it's probably fake.
edit on 3320811pmSundayf20Sun, 09 Nov 2014 20:20:33 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I love honey I always use Manuka honey, I use it for lots of things its a great hair mask aswell as a face mask, mix it with cinnamon when sick and eat it tastes a bit strong but it really works in getting rid of sore throasts and colds quickly.. Apply to cuts and sores and burns and cover to half healing time, the uses for it are endless and so are the health benefits. It is liquid gold in my opinion, always go for the darker honeys because they are always better as they generally have higher antioxidants and make sure it is 100% honey, luckily here in Australia you can buy real proper honey at a good price everywhere, but I have heard that especially in the US they get bombarded with a lot of crap fake stuff! And I read something about the bee's there being fed high fructose corn syrup! ugh! Ofcourse they have got too taint one of the best things for people.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Ummm...The blue part of blue cheese...?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I have heather honey every day, great microbacterial properties.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Honey works for acne because it has antibiotic properties, and acne is caused by infection. Honey has been used as a wound dressing etc since time immemorial.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I know you said foods but if you are looking for antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-mold you should look into Oregano Oil, and other essential oils...look up the four thieves oil blend.
I found Oregano Oil based off of a post here on ATS, didn't believe a word of it but bought a bottle of Oregano Oil capsules to try out. Was feeling sick, took a few pills each day and it got rid of the sickness! My wife tried them with the same results and she usually doesn't believe in this stuff either.

I have recently gotten into essential oils and make our own antibacterial spray with the four thieves oil blend, we also mist it into the air to disinfect the apartment, and I use various oils to make our own bathroom deodorizer spray (no more harsh chemicals!). There are a lot of things these oils are supposed to heal and help with, not sure how much I believe but the antibacterial stuff there have been tests done, and the Oregano Oil works great for me!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
(Mental note to self):

Honey, Twinkies, salt, cockroaches, and Keith Richards.

These are the only foods that will still be edible after the apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
honey does not spoil but it does become crusty and turn into a lumpy substance if not vacume sealed.

Even in such a state tho honey is edible. Which is why people says it does not spoil. But there is a difference between fresh honey and honey that has been sitting on a shelf long enough to solidfy. Still tho, The solid form of honey is delicious as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I use to suffer badly from colds and flu......seriously if there was a cold within a mile of me i would catch it....

I then started using honey in all hot drinks instead of sugar....i have never a had a cold or flu for over four years of using it...

I also use it on any cuts or scrapes i get.....i recently cut my head open very badly....over 3 inch gash which was deep....i should of gone to hospital but i got some kitchen towel dizzled in honey and left it on the gash for 30 mins.....one week later cut was healed and now....3 months later....a light scar and a nice dent!

I have recently got others onto honey

I am suspicious of some brands of honey.....i suspect that they use a mix of natural honey and sugar syrup

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
...always go for the darker honeys because they are always better as they generally have higher antioxidants and make sure it is 100% honey,...

Not true. Let the masses use the darker product because they destroy it anyway in a hot tea above 45°C
but a beekeeper told me that the most healthy honey is the lighter one like those from Acacia and Lime-tree. He told me that this dark wood stuff is a junk. I can imagine there's plenty of medical flowers in the woods but that were his words.
Man, that old guy looks healthy like a bee. He even has such a colour.

edit on 11/11/2014 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

edit on 11/11/2014 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

i used to think that too but someone told me that the oil in it goes bad

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join