It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossil Record/Fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Origins

Why should anyone care about "Origins"?

Is there a good reason?

If the question hasn't been satisfied…by now…such that We All can collectively and individually - know & declare - "That is correct!"…then perhaps - it is unanswerable. (…?)

Maybe - it - is unimportant.

Maybe it is - obscured.

Maybe it…is all that is…important…

Maybe this whole shebang (human existence) is about - winning!
… 'cause - if you don't win…you don't get to go to the next round/s…in this - competition.
… No right - No wrong - Just - whoever wins…moves forward ---&--- losers…become fossil record/fuel.

Maybe - it's about - losing…because WE were Never Meant…to Win.

But - if there are rules governing this existence…one would naturally wonder at 'where' those rules came from…
Intent?
Design?
(Did we make them up…or…create them?)
Can't say 'Evolution' - because 'evolution' is, itself, a set of rules…that imply "intention" &/or "purpose"…
Can't even say "Chaos"…as…chaos suggests order
(& 'order' suggests 'scheme' - etc…).

Maybe we…are God
… Making it up…as we go …

If so - we surely wouldn't have voted for…the NWO… !
(Would we… ? !)

Maybe that's why we created religion…too…?
Maybe we're just hoping that a Savior will arise…from among us…whom we can't…kill

Why do we need to kill Batman & Superman & Silver Surfer & Spiderman & Mork &… ?

Is it because we can't even dream of a legitimate Savior…
- …because our dreams are universally limited?

Would it take just one visionary…to free us of this need to inquire of…origin/s?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started to place this in Ancient & Lost Civilizations or Origins & Creationism…but, don’t think it really fits in either of said categories…
If prose does not fit with poetry…then, please excuse this incursion, and, if you kindly-could…suggest how or where this entry would best fit or disappear.

Regards

edit on 11/9/2014 by WanDash because: alignment

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Or maybe we are just ignorant in thinking that just because something exists, it requires a meaning for its existence.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acronychal
Or maybe we are just ignorant in thinking that just because something exists, it requires a meaning for its existence.

Everything is interconnected, therefore everything has meaning.

OP: I think this is how I see it, not sure really but, why are we even asking ourselves "what is?"?

We can build many great things yet can seem to find an answer for a simple truth. Why is it guarded so that the best of minds can't seem to muster (at least publicly) a kernel of truth to the answer?

Why have institutions become so engrained in society that hardly a single person is untouched by religion and government ? Why do we need to be governed?

Why does a barrier exist (money) to become educated? Why do the 3 faiths of Abraham pervade the globe?

Why are we asking ourselves who we even are?

And why don't we trust the answers we're given?

It seems to me some people are in tuned with their senses to know when something is wrong, being watched like a sixth sense. Because of this I must ask myself, why is my BS meter exploding when I consider the "official truth"? Call me paranoid, call me intuitive but something ain't right in Springfield!
edit on 9-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Acronychal
In part, that was the bug that inspired this hashing.
But - if we let all that is past...go...would we be better off?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
Maybe I didn’t read it right…but, seemed you were jumping around as much as the OP…
There are all kinds of origins…
Origin of a thought…
Origin of a trait (family)…
Origin/(Source please!) of a statistic or fact or method…

Would we be better off without archaeologists and paleontologists and histronomers and theoretical physicists…and gurus and seers…and teachers and leaders………et al…?

Would we be better off…pitting ourselves against nature and each other…every day – than under the notion that “there is reason/purpose” for our existence?

If we (individual personalities) are here today…and gone tomorrow - - - how much stock should we devote to the survival &/or progress of Humanity?

… Why are we asking ourselves who we even are? …

This question also fostered a part of the OP.

Thanks for your thoughts!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

You had me at fossil, lol, not what I expected. I think it is Philosophy. Asking the eternal questions. We are hardwired to be curious about the past and to keep records or oral traditions about the past. Not that we ever learn from it. lol We are also hardwired to look beyond today and seek to find meaning or a purpose beyond just dealing with one another.

The questions we ask imho are not the problem. I believe there are people who never ask those questions and live and die much as an animal does. I do not get that personally. For me there is entertainment value in asking these big questions so why not ask. We are gonna die anyway, might as well have some fun and use our brains for other than figuring out how to get food, money etc.

Human survival is not up to us. Yes we could all suddenly become lemmings, and run for the cliffs, but that has not happened, so other forces will determine our survival or not.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist
Thanks for your thoughts, Iamschist!

Hardwiring…
So – even if the software is fouled, we’ll still function at a level that continues to ask these eternal questions…

So – who/what hardwired us with these inane…needs?
(and How?)
If we do not learn from continuing to ask eternal questions…-what kind of joke was that ? (the hardwiring)

“Human survival is not up to us…”
On a personal level… I tend to agree with you.
Don’t think there’s much I can do to affect anything past my time, here.
Perhaps I could invest myself into successive possible-generations…but then, I would be just one more flickering flame at a rock concert.
Eventually my thumb has to come off the fuel…like everyone-else’s.
If it isn’t their vision…it will fizzle like a heart-shaped balloon on Valentine's Day.

And – what if we/you/I were able to effect some change…that might tip the scales of Human Survival – and mankind started living longer and learning more and…the World Ended…anyway…with or without us… ?
Think on that for a bit… (or don’t ---- it’s really not that important)

Regards.

edit on 11/9/2014 by WanDash because: identification

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Now that is an interesting question. Why are we hardwired if there is no 'profit' in it? Certainly there is no benefit to the gene pool or evolution that I can see anyway.

Perhaps there is a payoff to the individual, like I said, it is engaging and fun, and can lead one to some interesting places and schools of thought, both ancient and new. Kinda throws a bit of doubt on the group that holds we are simply genetic material seeking to 'pass it on' as it were.

Perhaps it is an exercise in futility, designed to keep those of us who question busy and out of trouble. lol

I once decided that our primary purpose was to make dirt. That we are rather large dirt processing tubes and it is for this reason we were created. lol The sentient part being superfluous. lol Something our egos created to make us feel important.

I think one of the reasons we study the past is so we can look and feel superior. lol Also to give us a sense of belonging, of continuity. We do build on the past in the sense of civilization progress, scientific and medical progress. Where we don't seem to change is smashing someone upside the head who has stuff we want or bothers us in some way.

I am also aware of the contradiction in saying that some people live and die without questioning or giving much thought to any of the 'big questions'. I cannot explain that either. lol It is true however, imho.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Rather than start a new thread for such content as this, I will post it in another ‘misfit’ thread.
WanDash

>>>>>>>>>>__>>>>>>>>>>__>>>>>>>>>>__>>>>>>>>>>__

~ Mirror Me ~ Mirror You ~

What do you think... (?)

Hiding in Plain Sight

When I look into You/(mirror ?)
My World is looking back
…mocking
…taunting
…teasing
…leading

… And - My World is...much...smarter than me
...more talented...than me
...more adversarial...than me
...and...
I sometimes wonder if
... ...My World...is trying to
consume...me

...too.

Is it just...me ?

edit on 11/10/2014 by WanDash because: the final frontier

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
…Why are we hardwired if there is no 'profit' in it? Certainly there is no benefit to the gene pool or evolution that I can see anyway.
…Perhaps there is a payoff to the individual, like I said, it is engaging and fun, and can lead one to some interesting places and schools of thought, both ancient and new. Kinda throws a bit of doubt on the group that holds we are simply genetic material seeking to 'pass it on' as it were.
…Perhaps it is an exercise in futility, designed to keep those of us who question busy and out of trouble. Lol …

“…engaging & fun…”
I agree. It can be engaging & fun.
In fact, the thrill of the search can be everything from suicide-dull to utter amazement & embarrassment…and on…
The questions you pose – “could it be a payoff?” or “could it be…to distract us from The Real question?”…
…my questions, too.

…I once decided that our primary purpose was to make dirt. That we are rather large dirt processing tubes and it is for this reason we were created. lol The sentient part being superfluous. lol Something our egos created to make us feel important. …

That is a weird one, in that it could make sense…(if not for the sentient part).
But – before egos could create such trickery…wouldn’t there need to be something to trick?

…I think one of the reasons we study the past is so we can look and feel superior. lol Also to give us a sense of belonging, of continuity. We do build on the past in the sense of civilization progress, scientific and medical progress. Where we don't seem to change is smashing someone upside the head who has stuff we want or bothers us in some way. …

Why would sense of belonging matter to us?
Do you think all (or – other) species have senses-of-belonging-and-continuity, too?
I so often wonder if any of what civilized progress has ‘given’ us…is worth the cost/s.
Not to say – I entirely disagree with your statement…
If we knew where we started --- and where we’ve been --- perhaps we could know if it is more important to “ignore” questions of Origin/Genesis…and pursue only the future.
But then - for the sake of progress - we would need to rely on morals and codes of behavior and...those codes and morals would need to be enforced --- else --- all progress might be lost...
So - we would probably look for the best looking & flashiest religion possible...to support the code & moral enforcers...and, we'd be right back where we are today.
...Wondering where we started --- and where we've been...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

…(R)esponsible – “For me

Is there some truth, here?
Some…hidden truth?

Is there something “sacred” about “a/the family unit”?

If so, then, we might question the ‘breakdown of the family unit’…for its involvement in the woes it currently receives credit for – such as – Every sign of decay in a particular society (US, Canadian, Irish, Argentine, Pakistani, Cambodian, Algerian, Armenian, Dane…etc…).

Someone is always looking down to the generation that follows, with:

You’ll learn…to fail…
just like we…have

Like our t-shirts?
You can have one too!

How can following generations be blamed for what they were given?

They are no more or less to blame than the former…and grand-former…/s

We keep hoping that…the next generation will provide…our salvation… And
– when they don’t – we sit around senior centers saying “I told ‘em.” to choruses of “Amen” and “You sure did, Harry…”

By the time we start accepting that… testosterone does not - good life choices – make …the kiddos are stretching & bursting our records… good, bad & ugly…

Too bad we can’t pick which records they will attack.

We want them to “be responsible”…
And we want them to do it…our…way.
Be responsible – “For me”.

If we were responsible for ourself
…we would not need to see
someone-else
…do it…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
( …Another in a series… )
Regards…

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

(another excerpt from the inglorious journal)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"
Is it possible...to become...another person?

Larry Norman had a song...on his "Upon This Rock" album...

"Nothing Really Changes - Everything Remains The Same -
We Are What We Are - 'Til The Day We Die"

...at the end of this chorus...he would add -

"Unless Jesus Sets You Free"

... It remains one of my favorite lyrical trails...
Though I don't believe it...as solidly...now...
I suppose that if something were pressed into the...mind...solidly-enough
...the "mind" might survive...by re-routing in unorthodox patterns of thought...or perception...

If the mind is equivalent to the brain...then, of course
...tumors might be the first suspect
(absent an axe in the skull)

If the mind is something-other than (or more than...or disaffected with) the physical brain
...then...I suppose...you have to find an expert...that can see past...the gray matter
...kind'a like'a...witch doctor...or...shrink...

One says..."Have your head examined... Something is certainly wrong with you..."

The next...says..."I don't want to know what is wrong with you
...because I don't have time to consider it
...Take these pills...
...and I will fight
for your right
to remain
...Ill...
as long as
your insurance
...pays..."

And...back at the ranch...your new name is still -
"You're not the same person I used to know"

They keep looking...and calling for...the "old" you...and no-one...answers.
You hear them...calling...and...you know
they're calling someone...that's supposed to live
...in your body...
and
you remember being
the person
they're looking for
...but...
there's a lot more
to the story...now
...as if...
the "you"
they're looking for
and that you remember
being
...is a life...
from a book

"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edit on 12/3/2014 by WanDash because: alignments

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is not journal-related...but, might be considered a 'short story'...

Okay --- I know it’s not good. Many may even consider it the worst they’ve seen/read (but – unless you’re Simon Cowell…and this is an early years’ audition for American Idol – I will not be offended) – and I might be prone to agree with them. Nevertheless, it conveys a thought that has been tickling my brain for a few days… So – Thanks for your time.

A Talk with Scrubber #29ZH0

What are you doing here?

I’m on holiday.

On holiday from what?

Stonework.

Are you a Mason?

Of sorts, yes.

Where?

Primarily in this galaxy.

Galaxy?

Work has been slow, but it’s about to pick up again…so, thought I’d check the place out and get some R&R in the process.

What kind of stonework are you talking about?

Scrubbing…for another go.

Scrubbing what for another go?

History – Evidence of progress. 95% scrub is usually good enough. Sometimes it’s more, sometimes, less.

How do you scrub History?

After the cataclysm, we level, grade, cover, bury, burn, mar, scar & erase 95% of the evidences still visible. We leave some intentionally, and some through error – but still handle 95% or more.

But, if you know a cataclysm is coming – why don’t you warn us…? Let us know when & where & what, and how to avoid it…?

It would make no difference. The destruction will take place, anyway. No hope remains for this civilization or generation. A new version is ready to be birthed.

Then why are you taking holiday, here, in a hopeless world?

Experiments on their ways out, are always the most fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apology to BFFT, as, I had hoped to turn this into an entry for the Holiday Theme...but, in the end, failed.

new topics

top topics

join