It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lifelong recurring dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have this recurring dream since I was about 4. It's not always the same, but it always involves "secret places" right under my nose. A place where someone doesn't want me to go. I came here tonight to post this because the one I had last night was particularly interesting.

Starting when I was about four years old, it might be a doorway to a toy store hidden someplace familiar to me. These places tend to also be underground, and are unknown to everyone. As I got older, the details of the dreams became less child-like. Also, I was able to explore these places, and what I would discover would be of great interest to either my local community or even to humanity.

Last night, it went something like this: I decided to explore the sub-basements to a local hotel. As I made my way through the sort of machinery that you may find in a basement, I found myself in a hallway you would find in an office building devoted to scientific research. Not many people were around. At the end of the hallway, a room opened-up, a large room like that room in the American Museum of Natural History with the Blue Whale hanging down from the ceiling. This room had all these Fortean displays cataloging all sorts of weird #. Insects I've never seen before, skulls from animals that don't exist on earth. Displays about fringe research being conducted there. Off these rooms were labatories where weirder stuff was happening. As I walked into one room, all these children scurried out of sight. A red-hairded teenager came back out, and I started talking to her telepathically. At this point, a researcher ran up to me and asked me to leave, that my mind was scaring the younger kids.

Anyway, the recurring theme has always been the same 1) Large building or other structure. 2) I'm not supposed to be there. 3) I discover something incredible.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share.
edit on 9-11-2014 by PrinceRupertsDog because: Messed-up, writing on a tablet.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

do you think these places your visiting exist on earth or its just a dream? You mention one of the entrances to the hidden place was under a building accessible from the basement of a building. Can you remember the building location city. street?
Who runs and controls this underground?

These questions are presuming you believe what you have seen may exist in reality.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

do you think these places your visiting exist on earth or its just a dream? You mention one of the entrances to the hidden place was under a building accessible from the basement of a building. Can you remember the building location city. street?
Who runs and controls this underground?

These questions are presuming you believe what you have seen may exist in reality.

I sort have a weird answer for this. The places in these dreams are generally places I have never been in reality, although they sometimes resemble someplace familiar. This particular dream did not. It was just a large sort of hotel, not like a sky scraper, but sprawling. Like the tip of an iceberg, where the stuff under the water was where normal people shouldn't go. These dreams also contain numerous "dream extras". People I have never seen or met before. The red-haired girl and the researcher resemble nobody that I know, yet I can distinctly recall their features well enough to give to an excellent description to one of those police sketch artists. The weird bug things, the skulls too. I can even describe the smell of the place. It's almost like I'm seeing a parallel reality, and my journey through the building is the gateway to see what's on the other side.

Although I consider myself a skeptic, I've wondered about quantum effects that may be giving me a heavily filtered insight into a parallel universe or some other close reality.

This is why I've been curious to try this particular substance that lets you see things. I don't do drugs. I don't even drink. But the stories I've heard about the machine elves I find fascinating, and I wonder if such an experience can give me a sort of insight about these dreams.
edit on 9-11-2014 by PrinceRupertsDog because: copyedit

edit on 9-11-2014 by PrinceRupertsDog because: removed specific reference to a drug

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have a few recurring locations that dreams take place in.
One is a beautiful natural location...clear stream full of colorful fish, tall trees, fantastic rock formations.
The other is an old house with bizarre, nonsensical architectural features...windows as doors between rooms, bare rafters that have to be perilously crossed, rickety staircases.
The location of the dream determines the quality of the dream. One place is for happy dreams, the other is where the more disturbing images occur.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I can identify with that. I have a recurring location too for outside dreams. I almost consider it a variation of those building/structure dreams. It's similar to yours. There are these green mountains, like the Appalachians. There are a network of trails. Trails up the mountain ridge and a trail along the ridge. There are guard stations located about every mile or so along the ridge trail, but the troops guarding the stations really don't seem to care or bother with me. The stations themselves are these semi-translucent domes, where they can go to get out of the elements.

Sometimes I notice these devices that are located on the trees on the trails going up the mountain ridge. They look like movie spotlights. They're purpose is to slow-down time for an undesirable intruder. They shine this very deep blue light, almost like a blacklight, it "paralyzes" you because of the "time-slowing" effect.

I don't recognize the uniforms on the soldiers. I work for the US Army as a civilian scientist, my dad was in the Navy, so I've seen my fair share of military uniforms up close and personal for decades. The uniforms are not cammo, they're sort of this light grey color, no badges or insignia, and they don't carry weapons that I noticed.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thats weird. I have had dreams similar to yours. I dream that Im at my old school but under it is a giant cave and you have to crawl down a hole to get to it. When you get in, its a neat like hotel/spa place carved out of rocks. I always swim in the pools which are all like hottubs.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagle3d

Cool! Sometimes the buildings I dream about have crazy bathrooms with hundreds of stalls and urinals, showers too. They seem to be in a cave, usually.

new topics

top topics

join