It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in the Houston area spot this tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey ATS... This thread will be short and sweet. A girl I know who lives in the Houston area just posted this photo asking if anyone else saw this tonight?

I'm assuming meteor entering the atmosphere? I'm no expert on these type of things, but I figured I'd run it by ATS..

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I was just out driving in houston about an hour ago and the only thing i noticed was the full moon, but maybe I wasn't looking at the right part of the sky.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not anywhere near there, but wanted to say that is one awesome pic! Tell her "well done"

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Check wfaa news. Apparently people all over Texas saw it.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is a video someone took of it. Will someone make a new post about everyone in Texas seeing this. I'm too lazy.

Get the wfaa source. If you read the comments on face book, people from one side of Texas to the other saw this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Not anywhere near there, but wanted to say that is one awesome pic! Tell her "well done"

Yea, it was a decent catch I thought... I wonder where it "likely" landed... You know meteor men/hunters will be out there soon enough searching... haha

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Here, I will embed your clip

edit on 8-11-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm south of Houston about 50 miles. The sky is too cloudy to see much. It looks like what they call a bolide meteorite.
I've seen one many years ago. Bright green with debris coming off it. Cool picture.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
What a great time to have a camera handy. That is really a very nice catch. Good for her.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This could be one of the best Photo bombs ever... haha

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Wish I had seen it! Man, your gf got a freaking awesome pic. I bet if she forwards it to a new station they'll post it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Wish I had seen it! Man, your gf got a freaking awesome pic. I bet if she forwards it to a new station they'll post it.

Yea, talk about the right place at the right time... I always tell her to get off her phone, looks like I was wrong all along...hahaha

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Nice capture, SF

top topics

join