It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Labor Allocated $1.4 Million to Fight Discrimination...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Department of Labor Allocated $1.4 Million to Fight Discrimination...

in Mexico !!

Another fine how do you do.

The U.S. Department of Labor (currently an Obama Cabinet authority) has allocated $1,400,000 to aid the Mexican government enforce their own law because they (Mexico) can't.

Probably justified by some hidden NAFTA fine print.

And if that's not enough, it seems they've been at it to the tune of some $40 million a few years back, "aiding" other countries as well.

All hidden and seldom publicized of course.

It takes deep investigations to get this information.

As if it weren’t bad enough that the U.S. spends exorbitant amounts of taxpayer funds to support illegal immigrants in this country, it’s allocating north of a million dollars to help the Mexican government combat employment discrimination in Mexico.

Is there no end to the madness? Each year Americans are forced to pay tens of billions of dollars to educate, feed, house, incarcerate and medically treat illegal aliens—most of them from Mexico—in the U.S. and now we’re sending cash south of the border for a cause that’s hardly ours to fund. Uncle Sam will dole out around $1.4 million to help Mexico enforce a two-year-old federal labor law that’s supposed to protect workers, but the Latin American country evidently doesn’t have the resources to enforce it. ......

It may seem bizarre that our Labor Department prioritizes issues in a foreign country, but this has been going on for years and the allocations for causes abroad have increased tremendously under President Obama. In fact, at the start of 2013 Judicial Watch reported that in the last few weeks of 2012 the DOL dedicated nearly $40 million to global initiatives unlikely to help workers in this country. They included efforts to strengthen unions and combat child labor in African, central and South American countries. About one-fourth of the money went to combat the labor abuse of “vulnerable groups” in Ecuador and Panama, specifically Afro-descendant, indigenous and migrant populations.

GREAT NEWS: Department of Labor Allocated $1.4 Million to Fight Discrimination... In Mexico

Hmmm

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you know what 1.4 million is to the government...

Not a piss puddle to the billions Israel gets from the US...

Love thy neighbour, yes?

Mexico is more important than Israel imo!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm guessing the money is meant for labor rights enforcement at American companies...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The allocation of funds outside of the US needs reevaluation, the US government should be taking care of its own first.

Here is a photo taken outside a restaurant in Milwaukee, can you see the problem here?

Ignorance is Bliss

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
From the link…

Besides improving enforcement, the objective is to increase employer participation and improve worker understanding of the discrimination laws.

Sooo… the US government is paying companies to allow workers to attend classes that teach them their rights?

What is that, about fitty cent an employee?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can you see the problem here?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just to keep things in perspective, this amounts to four tenths of a penny per US citizen.

So as far as I'm concerned, if the money helped even one person, I'd kick in half a penny to that cause.

Making Mexico less of a horrible place might just pay off in the long run, if it means more of their residents might stay put.
edit on 8-11-2014 by TheBlackTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackTiger

Just to keep things in perspective, this amounts to four tenths of a penny per US citizen.

But I bet a few select people sure got rich off of it.

I wonder if there's ever been any actual results published anywhere?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

Exactly. It's time to accept responsibility for the US role in how bad things are in other countries that we have trade agreements with. Maybe when we do that and stop it... they won't want to leave their homes.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ask them if they need help fighting the corruption there. Don't give them any money but offer to clean up. Mayors putting out hits on children is something they need to fight. Cartels need to die a slow and painful death. Who a person likes or dislikes doesn't have a whole lot to do with what's wrong. Oh, the corruption is on both sides. Sorry ; (

I hate how they talk to the people like we're retarded and don't know what the real deal is. You don't want a war on drugs unless you're making money on the backs of our children, you vile bastards.

Better yet do a Alexander on the whole thing. Integrate them for the good of the empire.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You hit the nail on the head! I've been saying this for years. Once our own s*** is sorted, perhaps then we can start helping others sort theirs. As long as there are people living on the street, with no food, that money (either to Israel, Mexico, Sweden, Mars) should be spent on them first.

And why are we helping Mexico? They're actively promoting illegal immigration into the United States as well as pulling military exercises on the border... Doesn't sound like a friend to me.

new topics

top topics

join